We are moving to Arequipa for a few years, and I had some questions. Your help is much appreciated.
1. How safe is it for white North Americans?
2. Is the tap water bad to drink?
3. What are the hospital conditions?
4. Is there any danger as far as guerilla/terrorist groups...I know there used to be one in Peru.
5. Anything else I need to know beforehand?
thanks guys. Happy travels.
about your questions:
1. Arequipa is safe for every person.
2. I drink water from the tap. Arequipa water taste delicious, but in the begin you have to get use to it, if you have stomach problems you can better drink boild water or mineral water.
3.the national hospitals are not great, but private clinics kan help very well.
4.In Arequipa there are not guerrillas of something like that, but you must be carefull with pickpokkets like everywhere.
5.It is a nice city with great weather, and fantastic view of this huge volcans...
Be the first to rate this answer!