Departamento de Apurímac Travel Answers

change location
GabrielaCobo's Profile Photo

June 2011 Abancay Road Tour

by GabrielaCobo Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Hello, my name is Gabriela (39) I’m Peruvian and has been living abroad for the past years. Have been involved in tourism in Peru and have been a tourist guide on cruise ships around Europe, speak Spanish, Italian, English and little German.
I’m a hiker, enjoy nature and open spaces, social drinker and light smoker. Not vegetarian but appreciate good slow food. I’ll be driving from Lima to Abancay and travelling with a puppy (3 mo, male weimaraner named Eros), making overnight stops on the way: Paracas, Nasca, Chalhuanca. Trip ends 3 hours drive to Cusco, so you can proceed with your own trip or return to Lima.

The reason of this trip is because I’m moving to a small town nested around Apurimac Canyon. Have done this road before and have experience driving in the mountains. I have one place with me on the pick up, there is another place free for a person in my old beetle VW ’75, Anakondo, which moves for good to Abancay. Shall be driving “convoy style”.

Length of the trip? Takes about a week considering some sightseeing, and because no matter what maximum speed of Anakondo it’s 90 kph, but this can be discussed when setting the itinerary to follow.

Would like to have travel companions along that would enjoy such experience. Who decides to join the current crew (have a minimum for safety & security), shall afford it’s own expenses and is expected to share gas expenses. Sharing drive it’s a possibility, provided you have a valid driver’s license min. 10 years old and honest mountain experience.

Same trip will be done a second time during the next two months, but the opposite way (to Lima and then back to Abancay) with the pick up only. Before December 2011 would like to arrive to Inapari (frontier Peru/Brasil – Puerto Maldonado), if not in time (because rainy seasons spoils driving those roads) will wait until March 2012. This is for you all to know and maybe organize yourself ahead of time.

Anybody interested in the late June trip? Please write me with details about you and shall be back to you with much more information. My e.mail is: roadtour@hotmail.it, please do write Abancay Road Tour on the subject.

Have a great day you all!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Departamento de Apurímac Travel Answer Locations