Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Crossing the border in Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls Nov 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM

I'm a Brazilian guy married to an American Citizen. We have three daughters, all of them have American citizenship. We're going to visit Niagara Falls in December. I know that my wife and my kids can cross the border. Is it possible to get a visa in Buiffalo? How long will it take to get the visa there?

Valmor Andreani

• Relocating -- safest area for SWF's

Kansas City Nov 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM

relocating from a suburb of Memphis Tennessee to Kansas City Missouri. Interested in a VERY safe area which would also proived walking to shopping, resturants, coffee shops etc. Brook Side? Crown City? River Market?  Interested in a "busy" people happening area with safety in mind...

• attractions

Durant Nov 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Is there a bowling alley in Durant where a family could enjoy some fun?

• Closest rooms to beach/pool

Maui Nov 12, 2015 at 4:51 PM

what resorts have rooms closest to beach/pool and do any have outdoor showers?

• Rehearsal Dinner this July

Marathon Nov 11, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Looking for a nice restaurant that is not overly casual for a rehearsal dinner in July this year. Prob about 30 people. I the the Butterfly Cafe looks nice. Is there other options like this place?

• SnehalP's Profile Photo

Anyone in NYC ?

New York City Nov 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Keen to meet other travellers in nyc if you are looking for company. I am in nyc for a few weeks on a work assignment and really simply looking to connect with others. I love travelling and meeting new people from all walks of life.

• Abercrombie and fitch

Las Vegas Nov 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Where on the strip can i buy this perfume

• djs music dub trap

Portland Oct 29, 2015 at 8:11 PM

where can i see djs mixing dub and trap music

• Vacation home in Tahoe City?

Tahoe City Nov 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I'm considering buying a vacation home in Tahoe City having visited several times over the past few years.

My concern is the price of property there is high and I'm worried if I wanted to sell in 5-10 years time would I at least get my money back.

If you live there yourself or have any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

• metrocard info

New York City Nov 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi New Yorkers. I would be grateful for your help.
      I will be arriving in New York on 21st December in the afternoon and leaving on the evening of the 28th.
      I will require a single trip from Jamaica into Manhattan on the E train to get to my hotel and then I want an 7 day card that I will use from the 22nd until my departure on the 28th.
      My question is, can I just take my single trip card and get it loaded at a booth for 7 days on the 22nd or is the 7 day card a different type? Many thanks. Roy.

• Dimbox's Profile Photo

Where do Visitors in their 60s find the Nightlife?

Austin Nov 21, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I'll be in Austin in the middle of December and am attracted to the 6th Street District nightlife. In which bars/pubs/nightclubs would people, in their 60s, gather? I feel out of place in joints, where only kids in their 20s fill the place.

• Is there any bars that offer transportation to ATT stadium for Dallas games ?

Fort Worth Nov 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Where is the best hotel to stay at if I dont want to drive ? ie most bars and restaurants ?

• apuleuis's Profile Photo

Renting Bikes with Children

Washington D.C. Nov 12, 2015 at 6:44 PM

We'll be going to Washington DC with a 10 year old. I see a lot about the Capital Bikeshare, but do they have bikes for kids, or will we have to go through a different rental company?

• can you take photos in the memorial garden at graceland

Memphis Nov 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM

can i take photos at the memorial garden at graceland

• how to get to cruise ship port

Tampa Nov 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM

how do I get transport from Marion Transit Center to Tampa cruise ship port

• Free place with cabins and tepees in Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree National Park Nov 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM

He I am my friends (8 people) and me we're going to J-T for all day tomorrow and the night too.
      One of us have heard about a place that you can have free cabins like chalet and tepees. You just need to be there first to get it ! But problem nobody knows where that place is !
      Here is my question, anybody hear about this place and knows where it is please ?

Ps: I already call the park and visitor center in Joshua Tree they don't know about it.

• New Year's Eve.

New York City Nov 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi. My wife and I fly out to New York on the 27th December and back to the UK on the 2nd January. We have our itinerary pretty well sorted but are struggling with what to do on NYE. We are staying on East 50th Street. My wife isn't a fan of fireworks so probably wouldn't enjoy Central Park and we do not want to spend a whole day standing in Times Square. We are young at heart mid 50's non-clubbing types and would like to go somewhere for a nice meal with possibly live music.Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you.

• mayt's Profile Photo

Holiday in Boston

Boston Nov 6, 2015 at 8:15 AM

We are planning to drive to Boston from Toronto this December for the Holiday season. Are the shops and museums open? This will be our first time to Boston and would like to see what Boston has to offer to tourists. Any suggestion as to what places to go, will be great. Thank you.

• Safety - hotel

Oklahoma City Nov 5, 2015 at 8:19 PM

What hotels and what areaof OKC is safe to stay for personal and vehicles parked over night?

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

2 Weeks East Cost Itinerary

United States of America 16 hours ago

Here is the initial itinerary following my first post on the topic: Family Visiting US for the First Time - 2 Weeks Vacations - United States of Ame

Fellow VTers please comment, keeping in view the weather, experience, budget, and that we are a family with two small kids (3 & 5):

Dec 9 Arrive NY
      Dec 10 NY-Washington DC
      Dec 11-13 Washington DC Sight Seeing
      Dec 14 Washington to Orlando
      Dec 15-18 Orlando Sight Seeing with at least one day at Disney (Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom)
      Dec 19 Orlando - NYC
      Dec 20-23 NYC Sight Seeing
      Dec 24 Return Flight from NYC

Tips on sightseeing and logistics will be highly welcome.

For Orlando, we plan to buy United Airlines budget tickets. We took budget airlines in other parts of the world but this will be our first time in the US. So any tips regarding booking of budget airlines will be very useful. Especially about the luggage.

Disney: Keeping in view the age of our kids which one of Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom shall we choose if we have to choose one? Feeling as if not going to Magic Kingdom will be criminal(?)

• Motorcycle trip

Louisiana Nov 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Looking to take week long motorcycle vacation with wife and friends, wondering about best time of year, places to stay(safe, affordable and place to park motorcycles. Places to see in and out of New Orleans

• Snow concerns from Las Vegas to Flagstaff in mid January

Tucson Nov 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM

We are seniors and driving a rear wheel vehicle from Las Vegas to Tucson Arizona in mid January. What is the best route to Tucson to escape the snow if there is one? What is the fastest route to Flagstaff if the roads are clear? Thanks.

• Whistler22's Profile Photo

Rye Brook Nov 21, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Not sure if my post posted. I am looking to find out about local transportation in and around Rye Ny in December. Don't see where there is any local city bus service. Any recommendations would be appreciated, as need to keep it affordable.

• cherylll's Profile Photo

New York Pass

New York City Nov 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Hi, I'm looking for feedback about the New York Pass (1 Card to see over 80 Attractions in NYC). My daughter (28 yrs) and I (49 yrs) will be going to NYC next September for 5 days, we are on a budget, and wondering if the pass is worth it? Thx, Cheryl

• Best Airline

Washington D.C. Nov 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

What is the best airline to take from Washington Dulles to Manilla? Traveling with wife and two boys 7 & 5. I'd pay a little more for a better service, comfort, and flight. Please let me know. Thank you.

• Nice neighborhoods near DIA?

by sofo123 Online Now Sep 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Starting a new job at DIA soon. Need safe neighborhoods within an hours drive to look into. Looking to buy or rent a house.  Thoughts on good and bad areas? Thanks

3 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM
    • Need your expertise view

by sudheervarma.dandu Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Hi, I'm planning for vacation with family (spouse, 2 kids - 4yrs, 1.75yrs old). We will be arriving Denver airport on 08/22/2015 around 8AM. I would need to return back on 08/25/2015 around noon. Intent of my vacation is to cover Denver and Colarado Springs. Knowing my schedule, I would like to know whether I stay in Denver on 08/22 and 02/23 and cover all the places, then go to colarado springs on 08/24 and stay there till 08/25 and return t Denver airport on same day. Need the best plan from this forum so that i can stick to it.

Of course, I would be cautious in spending too much money. Do you suggest any best hotels which comes under budget so that I can cover Denver and colarado springs on and off.

3 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 8:19 AM
    • First time in CO- Red Rocks Concert and Pikes Peak long weekend

by seawave75 Online Now Jun 19, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Hi. Traveling east coast to Denver to see back to back shows at Red Rocks and see Manitou & Pike's Peak. Confused on best lodging options considering the distance between the two sites and the airport. Is there a recommended hotel/inn that's fairly central to both places? If not, I'm thinking 2 nights near red rocks and 2 nights in CO Springs? We'll be there mid- August. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • public transport airport into town (Capitol hill)?

by inselkind Online Now Jun 7, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hi there,

Could anybody tell me what the best way is on public transport to go from Denver airport to Capitol hill?
      Also how much would a taxi be?
      Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • MissEmilyDT's Profile Photo

Trying to plan the ultimate 30th for my husband - Traveling to Denver

by MissEmilyDT Online Now May 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I am from Ottawa, Canada, and I am planning a surprise trip to Denver CO for my husbands 30th. He is a MASSIVE Die-Hard Broncos Fan and it has always been his dream to see a Broncos home game in Denver.

I am purchasing tickets for the Oct 4th game so we will be in Denver that week. (I am also looking for suggestions on where the best seats are in the stadium... I don't want to mess this up and I'm sure some are better than others - trying to keep it around $300-$400 a ticket)

Other than the Tailgate party, stadium tour and of course.. the GAME!! I am looking for some fun ideas for the remainder of our trip.

I want this trip to be all about him and his favorite things.
      Other than LOVING anything to do with football, he is into vintage muscle cars, scotch/whiskey, cigars and of course a good steak. All things I would like to treat him to while we are there.

I of course also want to explore the beauty of Denver, and really just looking for fun things to do and places to see!
      Any and all suggestions are very appreciated.
      Thank you all so much! :)

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • luggage transport possibility from Denver Aiport to Aspen Colardo

by schosu Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 9:31 AM

We need to transport luggage ( 2 big suitcases) from Denver Airport to Aspen, Colorado? Because it doesn't fit in the car. Are there any options to transport only the suitcases? Thankyou

5 Answers May 2, 2015 at 6:25 AM
    • What to do for 3 days in Colorado?

by NolaGirl99710 Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM

We have decided to take a couple days and travel to Colorado. I want to see and do as much as I can in 3 days(2 full days). We are staying in Denver and considering renting a car. Should we rent a car or is there another type of transportation that will take us out of the city? Also where should we travel to? We have never experienced snow before so we want to experience winter activities. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • avs189's Profile Photo

Need travel companion for Denver

by avs189 Online Now Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Planning to visit denver around president's day long weekend . Need travel companion for sharing the expenses.

2 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Ground transportation

by niagaracanuk Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

What is the best way to get from the Amtrak station to the airport? I will need to get a hotel overnight as well.

3 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

connection time between southwest airlines flights in denver airport

by susiemargare Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 1:27 AM

hi --

i am flying from tennessee to idaho (and back) in november with one stop in denver. all flights are on southwest airlines, with connection times 45-50 mins each way. is that long enough?

thanks -- susie margaret

3 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • dress up or down from may 29th to June 4th

by Helen107 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What should i wear from May 29th -June 4th/14 for mostly walking/shopping. I love long dress and hats and hoping to bring some with me. Should i bring extra running/walking shoes with a yoga pants? I don't wear shorts but don't want to feel too hot? Thanks for any pointers.

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Overview Tour?

by library.booklover Online Now May 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Is there a tour bus that gives a good overview tour of Denver?

• AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo

by AMSTERSAM Online Now May 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Will be at the downtown Sheraton upcoming weekend, need to find a close or any recreational shop w/Mary's Patches and/or dry medicinal tea. Prices double or tripple some places, I would do the same but I guess I would rather not go to a ' tourist traps.'.....but will.

• Nightlife downtown

by Everton1878 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Is there any particular dress code for clubbing? I'm from England, a tshirt jeans and smart trainers are acceptable here. Or a shirt if it's somewhere particularly smart. Il be going summertime so I'm guessing it will still be hot in the evening. Any advice please?

6 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Safety and a Good Start

by Louanna23 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

by mccalpin Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • things to do near tech center

by Richshaw Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

staying at hyatt place tech center anything worth seeing in walking distance

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • Gentlmen's clubs

by Goofy11 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Will be in Denver for B'Day, staying in Tech Center area. What gentlemen's club would you recommend, friendlier the better? Will have my own transportation so does not have to be in the Tech area. Also any dance bars?

Thanks any input appreciated.

• First Week of July.

by nicholaspapa23 Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A few friends and I are vacationing out to Denver and need some insight on the best place to stay for guys in there early 20s. Specifically an area with a good vibe and nightlife. I heard downtown denver is good place to research.

We plan on hiking, going to coors field, and Red Rocks amphitheater. Any other ideas for things to do would also be great!

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • June Weekend Ideas Needed

by Prestonator Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am going to Denver June 6-8 with my wife and 14-year-old. Essentially, our "free time" will be Friday evening and all day Saturday (before an evening flight). I recognize you can't begin to enjoy all Denver has to offer in such a short time. But if we can only catch 1 or 2 things while we are there, what should it/they be?

Thanks in advance...

3 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • hotel near nightlife and ogden theatre

by jrgiddyup Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

me and a friend are going to denver to see two shows at the ogden theatre in may. we're looking for a hotel that is reasonably close to the ogden theater, BUT more importantly walking distance to bars in the downtown area (which seems to be an ok area to go out at night?). we're on a budget, so price is definitely a consideration. we will probably go out after the concerts at the ogden and on a third night just go out to party in general. is there good nightlife around the ogden? if not, where would be a good place to stay within walking distance of good nightlife that is an easy/cheap cab ride to the ogden? thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    • Airport to Amtrak

by marlashane Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM

If we fly into Denver (only to hop on the overnight Amtrak the next morning) what is the best (cheapest) way to get from the airport to the train station?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    • Moira20's Profile Photo

Chicago to Denver

by Moira20 Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Looking at USA holiday
      The itinerary says we are on the train overnight between Chicago and Denver is this journey scenic?
      Or will we not be missing much by travelling overnight ?
      Thank you Moira

3 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    • Highlands Neighborhood or Washington Park for Summer Stay??

by KMG4 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My family and I (husband, two daughters 11 & 8, plus 3 dogs) will be spending the summer in Denver (we are from Phx). We have narrowed down the two neighborhoods we are interested in and have found several pet-friendly homes, but we can't decide between Highlands Neighborhood and Washington Park. What are the differences? Would you recommend one over the other?

Here is what we would like: walk to shops, restaurants, store, etc., parks nearby, safe and kid/pet-friendly neighborhoods. Is one closer to downtown Denver, can you bike to downtown?

Here in Phoenix, you have to drive to everything, so we are really looking forward to walking and biking :)

Any feedback would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Denver Start of Trip

by Oneill2905 Online Now Dec 30, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Me and my Husband will be spending a few days in Denver flying in from the UK at the end of July. We only have 2 nights in Denver so would would be very grateful to hear of any recommendations on things to see before heading off to Lusk. We will be returning to Denver at the end of the trip to spend a few days in the Rocky Mountain NP.

Also, interested in what the weather will be like that time of year?

• andy.s's Profile Photo

snow in march

by andy.s Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM

hi we are from london uk doing a mid west trip in march/april. drivin up from vegas march 30.
      we are tryin to find a 4/5* hotel or lodge/cabin for 3 days which will be in a snowy area.please can you tell me where the best chance of catching snow late march is?.

many thanks andy

4 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    • rmjiv's Profile Photo

Things to do at night

by rmjiv Online Now May 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I'm going to be in Denver for a conference for 4 days (3 nights) in a few weeks. Anything worth seeing that will be available in the evenings?

6 Answers Jun 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    • Denver to Rocky Mountains

by pbdancing Online Now May 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Travelling from Denver airport to Estes park in the Rocky Mountains. Anyone suggest soem nice small towns/attractions on the way. Don't want to use the inter states - small villages/towns etc and nice views. Travelling with my 80 year old mother.

Many thanks,

Pb Dancing

3 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM

by crazymum Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Landing at Denver circa 19.00 hours and then have to get through formalities
      Staying at Comfort Inn Downtown - any suggestions for food - not Indian, Chinese, Shushi etc but happy to go with a decent burger/pizza. Would have prefered America - just don't want to get ripped off

2 Answers Apr 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    • White Water Rafting

by moondance252 Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I am flying into Denver in the middle of August and visting friends from Boulder. I have found a large variety of white water rafting options in the Denver/ Boulder area and I am hoping someone might have a suggestion on which is the best? I know it may be personal preference but I would love any imput to go on instead of guessing blindly. (the location of the rafting trip would influence if we stayed closer to Denver or Boulder, so both are options)

thank you so much!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM