Denver

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• what to wear in July

Crested Butte Jun 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have never been to Crested Butte. Will be there in 2 days (June 28th). Confused by low temps. Don't know how to pack or what people wear there.

more
    • best places to camp 4 hours from Denver during August? beauty, hiking, and kayaking!

Colorado Jun 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

where are the best places to camp no more than 3-4 hours from denver? looking to stay in a cabin in august with 2 others. hiking 3-5 hours rounds trip. kayaking would be awesome as well ( we are beginners) . spectacular views are a must. hot springs would be cool too (unless they're over rated? i was thinking im in colorado so why not?) its my first time camping in CO but ive been to boulder a few times.

more
    • millbern55's Profile Photo

mild weather cities in Colorado

Colorado Jun 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM

What cities are the mildest in the wintertime in Colorado? I'm thinking of retiring to Colorado, but I don't want harsh winter weather, am I out of luck?

more
    • Vail trip in September

Vail Jun 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM

My company is planning a celebratory trip to Vail at the end of September and I am researching different clothing items to add our logo to and then gift to each employee. What are clothing must haves for the end of September? I was thinking of a lightweight pullover fleece or other type of pullover but wasn't sure if there is something else I should look into instead. Thank you!

more
    • 6 or 7-day road trip

Colorado Jul 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hello! We are planning a sightseeing trip to Colorado in mid to late September, and wanted some advise/suggestions on a travel route and itinerary. We would love to see some fall foliage. Will these dates work for that? Some of the places we would like to visit are RMNP, Maroon Bells, Black Canyon, Ouray, Pike's Peak, and Leadville. Are there others that you would suggest? What would be the best itinerary? I just don't want to make our travel days so "full" that we are rushed to get to the next spot! Thanks so much!

more
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Best Hikes and things to do.

Rocky Mountain National Park Jun 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Me and my husband will be spending 2 and a half days in RMNP during August and staying near Estes Park. I have been looking at things to do and wondered if anyone could help narrow down to the best things to do in the short time we have. We love hiking and being out in nature and have found the following things:

Drive on Trail Ridge and visit the Alpine Visitor Centre (considering this on the day we arrive from Casper)
      I have seen trails for Bear Lake, and Nymph to Emerald Lake is this all on the same trail?
      Alberta Falls Trail
      Adams Falls Trail
      Sky Pond Trail
      Chasm Lake
      Ghost Tour at Stanley Hotel

As we will not have time to do all of these any help or advice on what to pick over another would be great, we do plan to head off early to try and beat some of the crowds at this time of year.

more
    • dress up or down from may 29th to June 4th

by Helen107 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What should i wear from May 29th -June 4th/14 for mostly walking/shopping. I love long dress and hats and hoping to bring some with me. Should i bring extra running/walking shoes with a yoga pants? I don't wear shorts but don't want to feel too hot? Thanks for any pointers.

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Overview Tour?

by library.booklover Online Now May 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Is there a tour bus that gives a good overview tour of Denver?

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo

Recreational

by AMSTERSAM Online Now May 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Will be at the downtown Sheraton upcoming weekend, need to find a close or any recreational shop w/Mary's Patches and/or dry medicinal tea. Prices double or tripple some places, I would do the same but I guess I would rather not go to a ' tourist traps.'.....but will.

• Nightlife downtown

by Everton1878 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Is there any particular dress code for clubbing? I'm from England, a tshirt jeans and smart trainers are acceptable here. Or a shirt if it's somewhere particularly smart. Il be going summertime so I'm guessing it will still be hot in the evening. Any advice please?

6 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Safety and a Good Start

by Louanna23 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

by mccalpin Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • things to do near tech center

by Richshaw Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

staying at hyatt place tech center anything worth seeing in walking distance

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • Gentlmen's clubs

by Goofy11 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Will be in Denver for B'Day, staying in Tech Center area. What gentlemen's club would you recommend, friendlier the better? Will have my own transportation so does not have to be in the Tech area. Also any dance bars?

Thanks any input appreciated.

• First Week of July.

by nicholaspapa23 Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A few friends and I are vacationing out to Denver and need some insight on the best place to stay for guys in there early 20s. Specifically an area with a good vibe and nightlife. I heard downtown denver is good place to research.

We plan on hiking, going to coors field, and Red Rocks amphitheater. Any other ideas for things to do would also be great!

Thanks!
      Nick

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    • June Weekend Ideas Needed

by Prestonator Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am going to Denver June 6-8 with my wife and 14-year-old. Essentially, our "free time" will be Friday evening and all day Saturday (before an evening flight). I recognize you can't begin to enjoy all Denver has to offer in such a short time. But if we can only catch 1 or 2 things while we are there, what should it/they be?

Thanks in advance...

3 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • hotel near nightlife and ogden theatre

by jrgiddyup Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

me and a friend are going to denver to see two shows at the ogden theatre in may. we're looking for a hotel that is reasonably close to the ogden theater, BUT more importantly walking distance to bars in the downtown area (which seems to be an ok area to go out at night?). we're on a budget, so price is definitely a consideration. we will probably go out after the concerts at the ogden and on a third night just go out to party in general. is there good nightlife around the ogden? if not, where would be a good place to stay within walking distance of good nightlife that is an easy/cheap cab ride to the ogden? thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    • Airport to Amtrak

by marlashane Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM

If we fly into Denver (only to hop on the overnight Amtrak the next morning) what is the best (cheapest) way to get from the airport to the train station?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    • Moira20's Profile Photo

Chicago to Denver

by Moira20 Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Looking at USA holiday
      The itinerary says we are on the train overnight between Chicago and Denver is this journey scenic?
      Or will we not be missing much by travelling overnight ?
      Thank you Moira

3 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    • Highlands Neighborhood or Washington Park for Summer Stay??

by KMG4 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My family and I (husband, two daughters 11 & 8, plus 3 dogs) will be spending the summer in Denver (we are from Phx). We have narrowed down the two neighborhoods we are interested in and have found several pet-friendly homes, but we can't decide between Highlands Neighborhood and Washington Park. What are the differences? Would you recommend one over the other?

Here is what we would like: walk to shops, restaurants, store, etc., parks nearby, safe and kid/pet-friendly neighborhoods. Is one closer to downtown Denver, can you bike to downtown?

Here in Phoenix, you have to drive to everything, so we are really looking forward to walking and biking :)

Any feedback would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Denver Start of Trip

by Oneill2905 Online Now Dec 30, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Hi

Me and my Husband will be spending a few days in Denver flying in from the UK at the end of July. We only have 2 nights in Denver so would would be very grateful to hear of any recommendations on things to see before heading off to Lusk. We will be returning to Denver at the end of the trip to spend a few days in the Rocky Mountain NP.

Also, interested in what the weather will be like that time of year?

Thanks

Kirsty

2 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • andy.s's Profile Photo

snow in march

by andy.s Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM

hi we are from london uk doing a mid west trip in march/april. drivin up from vegas march 30.
      we are tryin to find a 4/5* hotel or lodge/cabin for 3 days which will be in a snowy area.please can you tell me where the best chance of catching snow late march is?.

many thanks andy

4 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    • rmjiv's Profile Photo

Things to do at night

by rmjiv Online Now May 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I'm going to be in Denver for a conference for 4 days (3 nights) in a few weeks. Anything worth seeing that will be available in the evenings?

6 Answers Jun 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    • Denver to Rocky Mountains

by pbdancing Online Now May 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Travelling from Denver airport to Estes park in the Rocky Mountains. Anyone suggest soem nice small towns/attractions on the way. Don't want to use the inter states - small villages/towns etc and nice views. Travelling with my 80 year old mother.

Many thanks,

Pb Dancing

3 Answers May 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    • DENVER DOWNTOWN

by crazymum Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Landing at Denver circa 19.00 hours and then have to get through formalities
      Staying at Comfort Inn Downtown - any suggestions for food - not Indian, Chinese, Shushi etc but happy to go with a decent burger/pizza. Would have prefered America - just don't want to get ripped off

Thanx

2 Answers Apr 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    • White Water Rafting

by moondance252 Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hi!
      I am flying into Denver in the middle of August and visting friends from Boulder. I have found a large variety of white water rafting options in the Denver/ Boulder area and I am hoping someone might have a suggestion on which is the best? I know it may be personal preference but I would love any imput to go on instead of guessing blindly. (the location of the rafting trip would influence if we stayed closer to Denver or Boulder, so both are options)

thank you so much!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    • cabin

by dlongmo Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I am looking for a place bear denver that rents remote rustic cabins..it would also be good if it were only accessible by horse..thanks

1 Answer Mar 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Tarrfic & Parking Near United States Mint

by Daisylove Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Hi,

We have schedule to visit the US mint in April at 8.00am. May which location near US mint is relatively cheaper?

Also we are putting up at Knight Inn along Zuni B Street, may I know how is the morning tarrifc along the route?

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    • One night away from Denver?

by spedprof Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Folks,

Coming to Denver for multi day conference this April. Looking for a one night getaway leaving Denver early afternoon (on a Saturday) and having to be at the airport for an 11:00AM flight on Sunday. Likely rent a car unless I learn otherwise. Looking for the natural beauty of the Rockies and a good dinner.

Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    • wassa_01's Profile Photo

2 Days in Denver.

by wassa_01 Online Now Sep 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM

From your experience what are the 3 main things i should do?

9 Answers Sep 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Ski trip in Dec

by tracyskf Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Hi, I am planning for a short visit to Denver in Dec. Thinking of doing a ski trip - any good recommendations on ski resort? How much budget should I set aside as I think it should be peak in Dec?

Might be a silly question - if we do not stay in a ski resort, will we be able to use ski facilities (perhaps a day trip). If yes, any good recommendation on an affordable hotel with a scenic view?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    • trip from denver west or northwest to reno and salt lake city with stops at state -us parks

by harris1311 Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM

i have a meeting to attend in denver starting the 22 of may for a week.. friend and i would like to see several of the best state and usa parks that are between colorado and seattle . also some between colorado and califoria.
      we are thinking of doing the trip between may 10 and 21. we can start any place between colorado and california.or colorado and seattle. we want to go through reno and salt lake city to spend some time with old friends.
      we will be using rental car for travel.
      names of any great parks in these parts of the usa that you think are a must see and would be open would greatly appreciated.

13 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    • Cape Town to Denver

by sheepdog65 Online Now Jun 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Hey Guys, My wife and I arrive for 10 in Denver on 4 July. We are looking to stay in Westminster. In South Africa, we have B&B run in suburban homes (cottage or spare rooms. Its a great homely way to stay. Is there anything like that in the city. if not, what are the options.
      Another thing, what do we pack?
      Thanks people.

4 Answers Jun 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    • Cheap place to stay in walking distance to bars?

by ursaheller Online Now May 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Hi everybody! My boyfriend and I will be visiting Denver for the first time in mid-July. We hope to stay somewhere within walking distance to pubs, restaurants, and bars. We'd prefer to spend our money on good food and beer than on ritzy accommodations. A motel 6 would suffice, if we were in the heart of it all! We know nothing about Denver and would appreciate any input!
      Thank you so much!
      Very excited,
      Ursa

3 Answers May 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    • grisslehamn's Profile Photo

Denver, sale on sundays?

by grisslehamn Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 AM

Can i get beers and wine on a sunday in Denver ? Gas stations or grocery stores?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    • pacific_sol's Profile Photo

Must try restaurants in Denver?

by pacific_sol Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I'll be visiting Denver in a few weeks with friends, coinciding with Denver Restaurant Week. Does anyone have any suggestions for what they would consider to be the best places to eat in the city? I'm looking for places that you would take a date to, or family visiting from out of town - basically a place you would take someone to impress them. The place doesn't necessarily have to be participating in restaurant week, since we'll be eating meals at different times of the day of course, not just dinner :-) We're pretty much open to any type of cuisine (probably anything but your typical steakhouse), but we are looking more at sit down places as opposed to casual eateries. I've been to Yelp and Googled Denver restaurants, and I've also browsed through the listings here on VT, but nothing has really stood out except for Vesta Dipping Grill, which is now on our list of possible places to try. There's also a dessert place that I believe was founded by a Top Chef, and that is also on our list too. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

6 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM