Denver Travel Answers

change location

White Water Rafting

by moondance252 Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Hi!
I am flying into Denver in the middle of August and visting friends from Boulder. I have found a large variety of white water rafting options in the Denver/ Boulder area and I am hoping someone might have a suggestion on which is the best? I know it may be personal preference but I would love any imput to go on instead of guessing blindly. (the location of the rafting trip would influence if we stayed closer to Denver or Boulder, so both are options)

thank you so much!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: White Water Rafting

by sfeekes Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

When I researched it for our trip last summer the only halfway decent whitewater trip I found near Denver was on Clear Creek out of Idaho Springs which isn't to far west of the city on I70.

We were looking for an awesome day trip with some serious rapids tho and Clear Creek seemed a bit tame. We found what we wanted on the Arkansas River. It's quite a bit further from the Denver/Boulder area but so worth it. We went on the Numbers run one amazing day in July.

We had to drive to Buena Vista tho and that's about 3 hrs out of Denver so we drove down the previous day so we wouldn't have to get up at 4am. We plan on doing in again in the next year or two.

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines