Denali National Park and Preserve Travel Answers

change location

Bus Tours in Denali National Park

by kville.mom Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM

My husband and I will be in Alaska the second week of July, 2008. We will be traveling by rental car and staying two nights in Healy. We want to take a bus tour of Denali during our stay. We are aware of two tours that we can choose from: (1) the Tundra Wilderness Tour provided by the National Park Service and (2) the Kanteshna Tour provided by Doyon Tourism. Can anyone give us some information that will help us decide which tour would be best? Has anyone gone on the Kanteshna Tour? What are the buses like?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zrim's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Tours in Denali National Park

by zrim Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I can wholeheartedly recommend the bus journey provided by the National Park Service. The Alaskan wilderness is spectacular and the animal viewing is second to none. But it is popular and the number of passengers is limited. Make reservations in advance. We did and had no problems, but we saw many people at the Park office who did not have reservations and many found themselves on a waiting list. The waiting list can stretch into days, so if you are only two nights in the vicinity make sure you have your reservations in hand.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bus Tours in Denali National Park

by kville.mom Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. We have made reservations and are looking forward to the trip and the time at Denali.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Denali National Park and Preserve