Denali National Park and Preserve Travel Answers

change location

How is the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna in Denali National Park?

by travel10000 Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 1:21 PM

How is the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna in Denali National Park? Any of you stayed there? It's much cheaper than other lodges, but how good is it? Is it clean, comfortable? Is there good sound insulation from other rooms? How is the food there and how much is it?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: How is the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna in Denali National Park?

by nettebini Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 8:49 PM

I haven't stayed at the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna, but I have stayed at the Denali Backcountry Lodge and loved it. The rooms were clean and modern, the meals were excellent, the staff was fun, activities were great. We loved it and will go back some day.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: How is the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna in Denali National Park?

by fti Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 11:00 AM

I almost stayed there in June but they were full for 1 of the three nights we needed. Did pass by there and saw it from the outside. I would stay there in a heartbeat. About175 for two people and I think25-$50/person for each additional up to 4. Shared bathroom and either bring your own food and cook in a shared kitchen or eat with the staff. The people from Kantishna Air run the place.

The main reason to stay there? It is cheaper than the other options in Kantishna and you don't want to camp at Wonder Lake.

By staying that far inside the park, you have a greater chance to see the Mountain which is often out in evenings and mornings but not during the day when most shuttle busses are there. Plus, you can get great pictures at reflection pond or other places at sunset/sunrise that would be impossible if you stayed at the park entrance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Denali National Park and Preserve