Den Bosch Travel Answers

change location

Weekend Site Seeing

by karprasad Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Dear All,

I have this weekend (7th and 8th) of Aug to check out Holland, could you please help me plan my itenary for two days (saturday and sunday) so that I can se a few good places in Holland, I am currently staying in Den Bosch near the train station.

As I am new to the place and the country any pointers on how to reach the place where you suggest me to go (like bus number, tram number, or train details - I know ns.nl) would be appreciated.

Regards
Prasad

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Weekend Site Seeing

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 9:18 AM

What are your preferences: city or country exploration?

One tip fot just outside the Netherlands: Take the train to Antwerp; there's a great event that weekend: http://www.bollekesfeest.be/

If you want to explore cities: just travel by train to Maastricht; Utrecht, The Hague / Delft / Scheveningen; Rotterdam or Amsterdam.

If you are a country lover: Go to the beach, Hoge Veluwe or somewhere nearer in the Province of Noord Brabant (natuurmonumenten.nl/province...

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Weekend Site Seeing

by karprasad Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM

What is that event like ? I visited the website that you mentioned but couldnt understand anything as it was not in English.

I like to Visit some place where I can get some cheap (but good quality) shoes,bags and electronic gadgets. Please suggest.

Regards
    Prasad

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM

What is that event like ?
    It's a big open air culinair festival, where you can have a taste of the many restaurant stands present; see 11 at the map @ bollekesfeest.be/sites/defau...

I like to Visit some place where I can get some cheap (but good quality) shoes,bags and electronic gadgets. Please suggest.

Bags: Try Street markets
    Shoes: Try discount shops like Bristol, Schoenenreus or Scapino
    Electronic Gadgets: Media Markt store (http://www.mediamarkt.nl/)

PJ

by karprasad Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Thanks for your reply...

I would like to visit Giethoorn from Denbosch on this saturday, could you pleae guide me on how to reach there and the expenses involved ? is Giethoorn a worth visiting.

Regards
    Prasad

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Giethoorn this Saturday:

7:23 Departure from Den Bosch train station track 3A (Intercity direction Alkmaar); exit at Utrecht Centraal (7:52 track 8A).

8:21 Departure from Utrecht Cantraal Station track 11 (Intercity direction Leeuwarden; get in the right section of the train!); exit at Steenwijk (9:44 track 2).

10:02 Departure from Steenwijk bus station (Connexxion bus 70 direction Zwartsluis); exit at Dominee T O Hylkemaweg bus stop (10:22).

Have a look at my Giethoorn page:
    "GEYTHORN" - Giethoorn by pieter_jan_v

PJ

by karprasad Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Thanks for your post, it is really helpful, can you please give me a similar option for Sunday (the August), also please mention the details of the return journey too. That would be helpful.

Regards
    Prasad

by karprasad Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 4:58 AM

I meant 7th August 2010

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM

On Sunday it´s the same schedule, with a departure opportunity each hour (so you can shift the schedule I gave by hour).

The journey back is just in the reverse order.

It starts with 15:44 take bus #70 at the Hylkemaweg bus stop (18:21 back at Den Bosch).
    Also this schedule can be shifted by hour.

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines