Den Bosch Travel Answers

change location

Hertogenbosch

by Rosamond Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 8:36 AM

My husband's mother was born in Hertogenbosch. We are interested in finding any family. The last name was Floor

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • martin_nl's Profile Photo

Re: Hertogenbosch

by martin_nl Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 8:48 AM

Maybe you can try the phonebook: www.telefoongids.nl This might sound a bit stupid...... but maybe you already have some names and by calling these people you might find somebody who is family and has the same ancestors. Oh the site is only in Dutch, but you only have to type NAAM=name and WOONPLAATS=city. Good luck!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

by call_me_rhia Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 9:35 AM

hi in case u don't find anyone that can help u, pls drop me a line and i'll ring my friend in den bosch - maybe she'll find a way...

• Porteplume's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hertogenbosch

by Porteplume Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 9:53 AM

Hello Rosamond, I can't really help you by now... But maybe this site will be interesting anyway: http://www.denbosch.nl/ Amicalement - Viviane

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

by sambarnett Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 10:30 AM

Hi! Check out www.ellisisland.org The records contain ship logs, point of departure, etc... and date back to the 1880s. I found info about my Dutch relatives here. And it's free too. Hope this helps. Sam

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 10:47 AM

Try: http://www.nedgen.com/nedgen.html or http://www.wiezoektwie.nl/ (who's looking for who?). Happy searching, PJ

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

by Waalewiener Online Now Nov 25, 2002 at 5:45 PM

Rosamond welcome at VT You should try and ask your husband for some more information about the name Floor.Anything could be helpful I found 4 names in the Dutch phone book 1) A..Floor 2) another A. Floor 3) J Floor 4 ) N.A.M Floor. That is not too many it will make your search easier.If you like me to help you just E-mai me through V.T. I love searching for people.

• Xowe's Profile Photo

by Xowe Online Now Nov 26, 2002 at 3:53 AM

Hi Rosamond, like Waalewiener advised you also, try to get some more information. Perhaps family name of her husband, her and his date of birth, in case of .. date of death, etc etc All extra info can help. I live close to Den Bosch ('s-Hertogenbosch) 20 min away from it. So if you can give me some more info I will try to find something at the Registry of Birth, Deaths and Marriages. Good luck ... :-) Xowe :-)

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

by Waalewiener Online Now Nov 26, 2002 at 5:04 AM

There are also 246 people with the name Floor in the USA. The website'' Infospace '' I find the best to find people in & outside North America.Probably many more in Holland , you really need more info to make it work. I guess my name is easier to research 3 in Canada (me my son & daughter) about a dozen in the USA.

• eiskje's Profile Photo

by eiskje Online Now Nov 27, 2002 at 11:27 AM

check http://genealogie.pagina.nl It is in dutch but you can find english sites on it too, take a look at the emigrants sites, some interessting pages of passengers to the US Also there is an official government site, but I can't find that right now. Don't forget to cheack the mormon site as their information dates waaayyy back! Good luck!

• Re: Hertogenbosch

by henkstrikkers Online Now Dec 20, 2003 at 2:09 AM

Rosamund I found the following 14 “Floor’s” in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (sometimes also called Den Bosch): nationaletelefoongids.nl/NTl... Good Luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines