Democratic Republic of Congo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Democratic Republic of Congo Travel Answer Locations

• Freight forwarding and business consulting service

For all your freight and business needs for DRC (Lubumbashi-Kinshasa) please be free to contact me at paulin@live.co.za

• Procedure for entering D R Congo

Democratic Republic of Congo Feb 11, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Am a Indian and i planning to visit DRC for business. I can get visa in India, but is it necessary to have Invitation from DRC (from a company or individual ). Because i don't know any one in DRC, if invitation is necessary is their any way to get it (organization or a tour organizing company) .

Thanks,
      Regards

Davan

2 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • Grocery shopping

Lubumbashi Jan 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM

My Canadian-born and raised parents are moving to Lubumbashi for 2 years this coming summer. My mom enjoys cooking and will be responsible for making meals for large groups of people. What are the main types of meats, fruits, vegetables, grains available at the grocery store? Are condiments such as ketcup, bbq sauce, mustard, soup mixes, etc found at the local grocery store? I am trying to help her know somewhat what to expect when they arrive. Thanks so much!

• Visiting Lumbumbashi

Lubumbashi Jan 20, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I am planning a visit to Lubumbashi during May. I plan to travel for 3 weeks to evaluate the area for business opportunity.
      1. Is it safe for me to stay in Lubumbashi?

2. How can I travel around? is there taxi's easily available?

3. I wish to stay in a decent place which is not ata very high cost. Even a house will be sufficient for me. Can anyone advise me where I can get this?

4. Which are the very busy retail business districts one can advise me to visit?

Thanking you in advance

• Viki88's Profile Photo

Hello and Greeting!

Goma Jan 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM

I am planning a visit to Goma. DRC this march. and am very confused on my planning .for my accommodation can someone recommend a cheap and safe place for long stay like a month or two near the airport.Please help?

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Congo cities

Democratic Republic of Congo Dec 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM

what are fun things to do in the cities of congo?

1 Answer Dec 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    • Arun2708's Profile Photo

I need some serious help.

Goma Nov 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM

My fiancée is in Goma and i am struck up in another country. Want to send her flowers and it seems that everything goes against my will. The websites doesn't deliver anything there. The DRC doesnt have a Zip code. I cant find any local vendor and is completely lost. This is i guess my last resort. Hope it help.

10 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    • Malaria Kinshasa

Kinshasa Nov 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Hello all,

I am going to stay i Kinsahsa for 2-3 days. I wll be moving from the hotel to some companies for meetings and back.

Is it possible to avoid taking malaria pills?

thanx

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    • SafeenArif's Profile Photo

Take a Business Trip to Congo?

Democratic Republic of Congo Aug 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Kindly asking for a nearest Visa Location to Congo?

P.S: i'm a Kuridish from North of Iraq/ Kurdistan Region.

3 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

Travel to DRC

Democratic Republic of Congo Jul 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Would love to do a road trip at the end of the year going from Kenya to Uganda into Rwanda then the DRC, how safe is it for me as a woman to do so? I will possibly be traveling with my brother..

13 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Current situation in Goma

Goma Jun 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Hi Everyone, I need to travel to Goma on a business trip next week. I have heard news regarding clashes between M23 rebel and govt troops recently(may 2013) but iam not able to get any latest news(june 2013) for Goma. Is it safe to travel to goma at this time. Duration of trip would be around 2 months. Can anyone help me on this

11 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • Public transportation (Getting around in Kinshasa or DRC)

Democratic Republic of Congo Apr 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Hi! I've heard that it is not safe to travel around the city of Kinshasa in Democratic Republic of Congo. But I'm still curious about it. Are there buses and taxis available in the city? How much is the fare for a one-way trip?

• Cost of living

Democratic Republic of Congo Apr 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

What is the cost of living in USD in Lubumbashi?

2 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    • martinkonstant's Profile Photo

Travel advice to Lubumbashi

Lubumbashi Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I need to travel from Johannesburg (or Pretoria) return to Lubumbashi by bus. I'm neither rich nor young - any advice fronm those who have done the trip? Once in Lubumbashi I think I'll be organised for accomodation. Many thanks. Martin Konstant.

• Work in Kinshasa

Ville de Kinshasa Dec 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Hi, My husband would be travelling to Kinshasa. I would like to know if Kinshasa is a safe & secure place in terms of crime, robbery, rapes & kidnapping. I have heard from lot of people that Kinshasa is not a right place to work. Can you please guide on what type of security measures he should take while living there? How can he travel safe while in kinshasa? How develope this city is?

Thanks a ton.
      Regards.

6 Answers Jan 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • lysaj's Profile Photo

about bunagana

Bunagana Dec 5, 2012 at 2:50 AM

what is it insterested about bunagana? what to visit and places to see and go? id like to know more,thanx

3 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    • Visa for Philippine National

Democratic Republic of Congo May 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I am a philippine national residing in the Philippines. I will be travelling to DRC for a bussiness trip. I been researching on the visa requirement for so far I dont see any information. Any nearest embassy that I can call?

Appreaciate your responds.

3 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    • finding and climbing mount sharp in the virunga mountains

Parc National de Virunga May 20, 2012 at 4:46 AM

I am trying to locate a mountain 15-20 miles north of lake Kivu, which was named mount sharp by an explorer Grogan in about 1890. He wrote a book called "from Cape to Cairo" with his companion Arthur Sharp naming the mountain after him. Sharp is my great grandfather and my brother and I want to determine whether it can be safely climbed. Grogan describes six volcanoes north of Lake Kivu and this as being in a western section of two mountains, the other being higher. it as a mountain that has a crater several miles in circumference.
      Can you help me by identifying the modern name of the mountain, how I can obtain a map of the area and how we could climb it if this is safe?

Mick Cole

2 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    • EMBASSY IN NEW ZEALAND

Democratic Republic of Congo May 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Goodday I would like to know if there is a Democratic Republic of Congo Embassy in New Zealand...if not where is the closest one? Thanks

2 Answers May 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    • Travel from DR Congo to Victoria Falls

Democratic Republic of Congo Mar 23, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I will be in Lubumbashi with six others on a short-term mission trip. We were hoping to see Victoria Falls but we are very concerned about train travel between the two...it seems unpredictable at best. Does anyone know a tour operator for our trip or have other suggestions? We are trying to avoid airfare due to the cost.

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    • Dr.Nawdy's Profile Photo

Conditions in Kinshasa?

Kinshasa Oct 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I am planning to go to Kinshasa in Jan.2012 for three weeks. It is part of a project I want to do with Congolese teachers from Christian schools. All government agencies warn against non-essential travelling. Hence my question(s), what are hygiene conditions, money/banking/atm conditions, safety conditions like in Kinshasa, and, yes, what should be my main health concerns, e.g. Malaria etc.? Part of this project would (hopefully) entail a stay with local teachers in their homes and at their workplace. What are local conditions like?
      Anyone out there with experience, anyone there who lived or lives in Kinshasa?

Would love to hear from you!
      Ta
      Dr. Nawdy

2 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    • Trip to Uvira

Uvira Aug 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM

A friends of mine lives in Uvira and I would like to visit him. Europeean governmemts do not suggest any trip. What is the real situation at present ?
      Merci

Marco

1 Answer Jul 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    • lamsterz's Profile Photo

Haircuts in Goma

Goma Jul 13, 2011 at 8:39 AM

This sounds strange but.. has anyone had their hair cut in Goma, particularly men?

The locals here all seem to shave their head so I'm afraid of what will happen if I walk in with a full set.. the expats seem to grow it out long or wait to get it cut back at home.

Thanks!
      Lam

3 Answers Jul 15, 2011 at 3:11 AM
    • General safety Congo

Democratic Republic of Congo Jun 27, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Hi,

We are about to travel with a group 4 guys and 3 girls to Congo. We are going for 3 weeks to see te gorillas, climb the volcano and travel down the river.

What is the status in Congo regarding the safety here now? Are there still many guerilla troups, crime, killings in Congo?

We are going around september. Will the elections cause trouble?

Thanks,
      Yannick

8 Answers Mar 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    • Best kept secret (foodwise!) in the Congo?

Democratic Republic of Congo Apr 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I'm on the hunt for the best kept secret restaurant in the Congo! A real hidden treasure serving the kind of five star food you'd expect in a top city hotel. Maybe staffed by a European chef gone bush. Any cool suggestions?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    • volunteering

Democratic Republic of Congo Mar 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I am an american going to visit my boyfriend who works in the DRC. I will be there for two months and since he is working, I would like to use the free time to volunteer. I am still a college student and my french is okay. Where can I find a program for volunteering? And, which ones are most accomodating to short-term visitors?

3 Answers Mar 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    • please advice

Kenya Dec 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I am travelling with my wife to Kenya in February. This is our first time in Africa. We would appreciate any advice concerning places to go, and to stay. Shall we fly to Mombassa or to Nairobi? Are they any promotional airfares? Where to look for them? We are on quite limitetd budget but no particular restrictions timewise.
      We'll very much appreciate your suggestions.
      Many greetings from snowy Poland
      Marek

12 Answers Dec 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    • bus / train to Nairobi

Kinshasa Oct 16, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Hi together,
      does anybody know if there is a public transport (no flight) from Kinshasa to Nairobi?
      Cheers, best wishes,

Al

2 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    • Safety in Kinshasa

Democratic Republic of Congo Jun 19, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Going to Kinshasa this Fall. How safe is it to walk city streets and shop? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

1 Answer Jul 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    • clean hotel with good vegetarian indian food

Lubumbashi Apr 20, 2010 at 3:26 AM

I am proceeding for Lubumbashi and would stay in a clean hotel in a good locality where I also need good vegetarian Indian food. Please suggest a hotel with vegetarian Indian food and its cost per day in US dollars.

Best wishes,

Vijay Sanger

1 Answer Mar 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM