Delhi Travel Answers

change location
mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Visiting March 27-29

by mvp2ny Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hello All,

I am visting Delhi at the end of the month and staying at Radisson Blu Plaza. Any idea how far to the shopping areas for clothes, souveniers, music etc. Are the local markets more easier to shop than the huge shopping malls? How is transporation around that area? Any one can recommend a good driver would be appreciated. Thank you guys/gals!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting March 27-29

by davidjo Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Ambience Mall is nearby but not much else as the hotel is located near the airport. For transport it may be best to use taxis or ask the hotel for a driver.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Well...... I have replied to your email regarding your question.
    Hiring a private driver will cost quite a lot if rupees- use the metered taxi as I suggested.
    Khan Markets in Nizamuddin East is best for your shopping requirements
    The airport is a long way from cbd and markets

• SubrahmanyamK's Profile Photo

by SubrahmanyamK Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM

There are many malls and shopping centers in Delhi and New Delhi, including the one at the Hotel. U can take help from the hotel staff for shopping and also for travel by metro (local trains) for things you look for shopping.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 5:30 AM

The two huge shopping malls in Saket may just fit your bill. As mentioned above, you will be quite far from the centre of Delhi, that is, Connaught Place. So, better go to the Select City Mall and/or the DLF Mall. The two are adjacent yo one another.

Transportation-wise, use a taxi or if you are adventerous enough, use the excellent Metro services to see other places and shopping areas of Delhi.

Regarding drivers, perhaps, your hotel may be able to guide you better.

• Saumz's Profile Photo

by Saumz Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

When in Delhi nothing is inaccessible. You need to be very confident wand pre-planned with a good taxi. Most probably Raddison will arrange it for you. Otherwise you have options of radio cabs.
    Delhi if you see is divided into 4 directions North East West and South. Considering that you will be in the south of Delhi you will be closer to Select City Walk mall and a couple of local markets.
    Malls are the usual westernized themed stuff. Great brands and food all over.
    For souvenirs I would suggest you go to Dilli Haat. You have an amazing opition of Dastakar Nature Bazar near chattarpur. Here you will find a lot of local and regional craft stuff.

You can take a drive all the way to Gurgaon via the Toll Bridge. Its a beautiful drive though a little traffic jammed. In Gurgaon you MUST GO TO the Kingdom of Dreams with prior bookings. An out of the world showcase of the indian culture, drama, music craft and food!

Delhi has a lot to offer. Take out time and Get Set Go!

• mvp2ny's Profile Photo

by mvp2ny Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thank you to all. I didn't get to choose the hotel so I am stuck by the airport. I will rely on the hotel to provide a driver to maybe drop my off in the shopping area and try to find a metered taxi back.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

mvp2ny wrote:
    Thank you to all. I didn't get to choose the hotel so I am stuck by the airport. I will rely on the hotel to provide a driver to maybe drop my off in the shopping area and try to find a metered taxi back.

Yes, that is probably the best idea

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Delhi