Delft Travel Answers

change location

Apartment at the Hotel d'Ark

by BowserBoy Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I've read the reviews of the hotel rooms, but nothing about the apartments. Does anyone have any experience with them? My traveling budget would benefit from staying in one of the apartments, but as I would be there for two weeks, I'd like to know more about my temporary home. Will be there in October - what is October like in Delft, in that part of the Netherlands?
Thanks & appreciation for any responses.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: Apartment at the Hotel d'Ark

by planxty Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I think you should post this on the travel forums for Delft, you will have a much better chance of a reply.

fergy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 12:16 PM

My sincerest apologies, it is me that is in the wrong place. I thought I was in the misc. forum. Put it dpown to an old man's slipping mind.

fergy.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Delft is a nice little Dutch town, with a long history. It's more or less build to The Hague and easily travelled to by tram from the The Hague train stations (HS and CS) or via train to the Delft train station.

Delft weather will be the same as in Amsterdam; see:
    homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/ams...

More at: delft.nl/webEN/content.jsp?o...

PJ

• Pomerol's Profile Photo

by Pomerol Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 6:39 AM

I stayed in Hotel d'Ark several times and it is a wonderful little hotel. I see that the apartments are located in a different building but I would imagine you will get the same level of cleanliness and service as one does in the hotel.

Delft is a quaint little town and one of my favorite cities in the NL and as noted above, very central if you want to travel around.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Apr 8, 2010 at 2:31 AM

As said above, Hotel de Ark is quite OK but neither have I ever visited the apartments though I still plan to do so one day. If interested I could come back to you when I have done so.

The tram The Hague-Delft (line # 1) will NOT stop at The Hague Central Station (CS) after (approx.) June. The stop there (at CS) at this moment is temporary due to re-construction works in the centre of The Hague. But it will continue to stop at the The Hague HS station as always.

For weather statistics of Delft (statistics of Rotterdam Airport which is 8 miles away):

wunderground.com/history/sta...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines