Delft Travel Answers

change location

How to find a flat in Delft?

by childrey Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 3:41 AM

Does anyone have any idea where to search for a flat in Delft? I'm finding it really difficult as I only have the internet etc to use. I'm going to be there from late May to the end of August and would ideally be looking for a 1 bedroom'd place.

Any suggestions of where to start looking?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Chris

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: How to find a flat in Delft?

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 10:14 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pucela777's Profile Photo

RE: How to find a flat in Delft?

by pucela777 Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 9:43 AM

Hi Chris,

Perhaps you find this site useful: http://www.funda.nl/huur/
    Funda is the best resource for buying houses/flats, but I don't know if it is so complete for rentals. Just give it a try...

Another option is this page: kopen.marktplaats.nl/woninge...
    Marktplaats is probably the biggest place for adds from particulars, although this kind of market here is very scarce. Normally you need to go through an agent (makelaar), who takes usually a hefty rate for doing more or less nothing.

Good luck,

Miguel

• RE: How to find a flat in Delft?

by Flatliner Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 3:17 AM

I think you will difficulty renting a flat for 3 months. Most lets in Holland are for minimum 12 months and usually unfurnished. Furnished are a treat if you can even find one, but come with the restrictions - after all the landlord doesn't want to take you on if he can get a long term let instead. Better to look for a room to share like a long term B&B. Must be plenty of those available in a tourist/University town. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines