Delft Travel Answers

change location

To Delft from Amsterdam

by ozsurfer Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 6:33 PM

Hi, What is the best way to travel between Amsterdam and Delft? Train? How long does it take and what does it cost? Is there a website so I can look at schedules and purchase tickets online? I am also looking for cheap accomadation in Delft for early October, I read here that Hotels are not so cheap in Delft, but there maybe some hostels nearby? Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • catnl's Profile Photo

Re: To Delft from Amsterdam

by catnl Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 6:42 PM

ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?cid=... here u can plan ur route and see prices as well. as for hostels: hostelnetherlands.com/index.... have a great time in leiden:-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mique's Profile Photo

Re: Re: To Delft from Amsterdam

by Mique Online Now Aug 25, 2004 at 10:40 PM

The closest hostel nearby is the Stayokay in The Hague (www.stayokay.com). Delft is about 5-10 minutes by train or tram from The Hague.

• hat53's Profile Photo

by hat53 Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 1:12 PM

Just outside Delft there is a little place called Uylenburg. It has a Camping and a guesthouse. It is situated in teh middle of nature. You very close to the city, but you will smell the cows. It is not cheap it you book a single room, find out for your self at: http://www.uylenburg.nl/en/herberg.htm rgds, Henri

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now Aug 27, 2004 at 3:24 PM

The trains are frequent between Delft and Amsterdam.We stayed in a hotel near the station the last time we stayed in Delft called but it was quite expensive. When we were a little younger and had a young family we stayed in a B & B on a street called Achterom. It was very good value and the rooms were basic but nice and it overlooked a canal. Perhaps a Delft resident knows of this B & B. I think it was at Achterom 43.

• tijs's Profile Photo

by tijs Online Now Aug 29, 2004 at 1:42 AM

Hi, I you don't expect any comfort but like to meet new people, then you should try the hospitalityclub. There are 15 members living in Delft who could host you for free. Some live in a student dorm, others, like member sienga for example, have their own house right in the centre where you will have you own room. Check it out! http://www.hospitalityclub.org

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines