Delft Travel Answers

change location
Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Markets

by Waalewiener Online Now Nov 4, 2002 at 7:12 PM

Has anyone of you ever been to the Markets in Delft Thursday market at the sguare, the Flower market along some canals and not to forget the antigue market along some canals. If you have seen them what did you think of them.?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Kozzmozz's Profile Photo

Re: Markets

by Kozzmozz Online Now Nov 4, 2002 at 7:41 PM

Well, it certainly looks nice anyway, but since I am a Dutchie myself, living just 20 kms from Delft, it isn´t that special to me :-) But I think tourists will appreciate and like it though....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Markets

by ATLC Online Now Nov 4, 2002 at 11:57 PM

I second that, Kozzmozz. Markets are similar everywhere in NL but the nice surroundings in Delft does add to the fun. Besides, it's a really good place to do your shopping.

• Re: Markets

by jenviolin Online Now Nov 5, 2002 at 12:12 AM

Update from Delft: The Thursday flower market (all year) is on the Hippolytusbuurt canal, just around the corner from the large Market square. The antique/flea market is held on Saturdays from April through September on the Hippolytusbuurt and the Voldersgracht, spilling over into some side streets. There is also a Saturday market, which is a smaller version of the Thursday market, held on the Brabantse Turfmarkt and the Burgwal (just two blocks south of the Market square. These markets are comparable to markets in other towns, except that the flowers are very plentiful & cheap all year round in Delft (being so close to the greenhouses of the 'Westland'), and the antique market, predictably, has lots of Delft Blue pottery. Come & enjoy!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Markets

by Waalewiener Online Now Nov 5, 2002 at 3:00 PM

Hi Jenny thank you for naming the streetnames on the Delft canals. You must be a Delftenaar. I used to walk from the Vlamingstraat to my school de Prins Willemschool. so the markets are no big deal for Delftenaars, but my Canadian wife Lori , she just LOVES, those markets.Thank you all for your replies. Hans .W.

• Re: Re: Markets

by zsazsaatje Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 8:16 AM

On the website http://www.delftmarkt.nl you can find pictures of the markets at the sightseeing section. Enjoy !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines