Delaware Travel Answers

change location
organicmom's Profile Photo

Recipe Search

by organicmom Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM

We recently spent some time in Rehoboth Beach Delaware and ate at a seafood restaurant called "Jakes Seafood House". Their seafood bisque is too die for. Does anyone have their exact recipe?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Recipe Search

by usatravels Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I have eaten there myself, and the food is good. I don't have there house recipe for seafood bisque! But I make the dish myself try my own recipe, I use premium seafood for best results, but it's optional you may use what you like.

Ingredients:
    2 cups dry white wine
    1 bay leaf
    1 onion, roughly chopped
    1 clove garlic
    2 ribs celery
    1 lobster (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
    12 medium shrimp in the shell
    24 mussels, well scrubbed
    12 sea scallops
    4 cups heavy cream
    1 cup milk
    Glass of sherry
    Freshly chopped thyme, dill and parsley
    1 cup fresh spinach, well rinsed and chopped
    1/2 cup grated carrot
    Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    couple of pinch of smoked paprika
    Dash of Lea & Perrins sauce
    Generous amount of fresh lemon juice

Combine the white wine, bay leaf, onion, garlic, and celery in a nonreactive, large stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add the lobster, cover the pot, and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lobster.
    Add the shrimp, cover the pot, and steam for 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp with tongs.
    Add the mussels, cover the pot and steam until they open, about 5 minutes. Remove the mussels with tongs, extract the meat, and discard the shells. Discard any that do not open.
    Add 2 cups water to the liquid in the pot, bring to a boil, then add the scallops. Cover the pot and steam for 3 minutes. Remove the scallops with tongs.
    Extract the lobster meat, reserving the shells. Peel and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells. Chop all the meats into bite-size pieces, cover and set aside.
    Return the seafood shells to the pot of broth and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the broth and return it to the pan.
    Bring the broth to a simmer over low heat. Add the cream, sherry, milk, Lea & Perrins, thyme, parsley, smoked paprika and rosemary and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the seafood and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and carrots and simmer another 2 minutes, just to wilt the spinach. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the lemon juice

mmm....

Good Luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Delaware Travel Answer Locations