change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visiting Debrecen

by olchikk Online Now May 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Good evening
      I am planning to visit Debrecen in summer and that's why I got couple of questions. Will be pleased to get a response and advises.
      I am flying to Budapest. As I understand from previous posts there is a train terminal at Ferihegy 1. So the first question: is it easy to get a train ticket? I mean if there are ticket boxes or ticket desk. If it is a desk, are people there speaking English? if it's a box is there information in English? I am afraid that I am not able to speak or understand Hungarian :)
      From time table I see there are many trains going to that direction. Is there difference between those trains? Are there always tickets available? The time of my arrival is around 4pm
      OK let's think that I found tickets, train and arrived to Debrecen successfully. I suppose to stay in Nagyerdo hotel. I found on the map there is a tram line. Where can I buy ticket? I could not see what stops the tram makes. Will be the stop far from hotel? How many stops is it from railway station? Is there information about stops inside the train?
      That's enough for now. I hope to get some answers. Who knows maybe then new questions appear on my mind.
      Thank you in advance

3 Answers Jun 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    • help - debrecen travel

by tatota Online Now Nov 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

i got a lot questions,

let me explain

I arrive 10:35 PM (22:35) in budapest, then i would like to take a train to debrecen (the same day or as soon as possible). so, the first question is, can i take an airport minibus to the Railway Station at that time?, because it's a little late in the day. i'll assume that i'll be able to do that, right?
      next question (second), which Railway Station do i had to go? because i been reading , and sometimes i found recomendations to go to "Keleti" and other that i should go to "Nyugati Pályaudvar", to answer this second question keep in mind that i'm looking for cheaper trains fare, it doesn't matter they are less comfortable. Well i hope someone read this and help me, i got another questions but i think these are enough for now....
      thanks

14 Answers Dec 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    • Best way to get from Debrecen to Romania

by ec3-globetrotter Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Hi!

I might be going to Debrecen in a few weeks depending on how easy I can get to Romania. After visiting Debrecen I would like to go to Sibiu in Romania but any other city along that way in Romania would be fine as well.

I have seen that there are trains which take at minimum about 10 hours. Pretty long for such a short distance. Does anyone know if there are alternative ways to get to Romania? Are there bus services? If so, can you give me some pointers to web sites (I could not find any so far)?

thanks a lot

5 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 12:29 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

How much time do i need in Debrecen? (and other q's)

by Drugness Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Hello all.
      I'm planning on visiting Debrecen for 2 days and 1 night in early November. Maybe it's not the best time of year to go to the city but will i have enough time to see everything a tourist should see in a 24 - 30 hour time frame?
      Are there any monuments around which recall the Battle of Debrecen? I'm thinking there isn't but maybe there are some other types of historical monuments?

I've read something about a military band festival... when does this take place during the year?

Many thanks everyone

DG

3 Answers Nov 23, 2007 at 4:13 AM
    • camping in debrecen

by ctv Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM

me and some friends want to go for a few days to debrecen. is there a camping in the area ? how is it ? is it clean ? how are the prices ? what is your opinion about the camping ? any relpy is good. thx.

• malashen's Profile Photo

Phone numbers in Debrecen

by malashen Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 7:32 PM

I am trying to get hold of an old Hungarian friend of mine, and I have her old number in Debrecen that doesn't seem to work: 36-52-326-875. My guess is, the phone number has changed. Is there a way to find out what should I dial now? Altrnatively, should someone from Debrecen be so kind to be willing to help me out, I shall send an e-mail with the address in Debrecen, so that perhaps one could check at the local phone book. Many thanks!

2 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    • WiFi or Internet access

by MartinMcD Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 4:38 AM

Hi,

I was recently in Debrecen learning Hungarian on a Summer School course. Unfortunately phone calls home from my mobile proved to be very expensive. Does anyone know of any WiFi hotspots or internet cafes where I can use Skype to call home. I am going back in January for 2 weeks and the calls home are likely to be more expensive than the flight out to Hungary!

Thanks
      Martin

1 Answer Apr 17, 2008 at 6:12 AM
    • From Debrecen to Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

by poiuz Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Hi,

I'd like to go from Debrecen to Sighetu Marmatiei in Romania. I found one train going to Satu Mare around 6pm, but I'd rather go in the morning to make sure there's still a maxi taxi to Sighetu Marmatiei.
      Is Satu Mare the best/fastest way to go to Sighetu Marmatiei? Any infos regarding train, bus and maxi taxi schedules?

Thanks.

• anders1975's Profile Photo

Good bars and nightlife

by anders1975 Online Now May 15, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Any recommendations on good places in Debrecen? Where "young" people between 25-35 meet for a drink? Thanks.

• anders1975's Profile Photo

How to get there from Budapest

by anders1975 Online Now May 11, 2006 at 3:20 AM

Hello! I would like to know how I can get to Debrecen from the Budapest Airport on a Thursday evening after 5pm or early on a Friday. Train, bus, hire a car? Any suggestions?
      Thanks!

3 Answers May 12, 2006 at 1:40 AM
    • can osmeone help

by mimilford Online Now Dec 20, 2005 at 8:32 AM

hi
      i m trying to book a anpartement in debrecen for the new year for a week and all i can found are hotels. if u can help me with agency /office where i can call or e-mail to book one . cause my friend passed a new year ther before and said is great time.

1 Answer Dec 21, 2005 at 10:57 AM
    • Hotels in Debrecen

by mandaa Online Now Apr 20, 2005 at 5:28 AM

Would anyone happen to know any hotels/other reasonable accommodation near the Fonix Hall in Debrecen? I'll be attending a sports event there and I haven't been able to find out the actual address of the Fonix Hall, making it hard to book accommodation.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2 Answers Apr 22, 2005 at 3:18 AM
    • Getting to Debrecen

by mandaa Online Now Apr 17, 2005 at 8:31 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get from Nagyvarat (Oradea in Romania) to Debrecen? I've tried searching for train connections in Eurail, Hungarian Rail and Romanian Rail, and I haven't had any luck. Both places are pretty near, and I thought that trains would probably connect them. Alternatively, can I take a bus? How much would each cost?

Also, does anyone have any ticketing information on the Gymnastics European Championships in Debrecen (June 1-5 2005) Like how to get tickets internationally, prices and things like that. The official website has nothing on ticketing and the organizers don't reply email enquiries!

I'd greatly appreciate any replies, thank you!

1 Answer Apr 18, 2005 at 3:23 PM