Death Valley National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurants

Red Bluff Yesterday

Recommend a good steak/wine/nice dining spot in Red Bluff....downtown would be nice.

more
    • travelgarfield's Profile Photo

Seashells at the beach

Anaheim May 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Which beach may I able to find seashells? Or are they prohibited to gather? I am thinking of going to Newport Beach. Does anyone know if there are seashells to find? How about Corona Del Mar?

more
    • site images

Grover Hot Springs State Park May 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM

are images available of sites 57 and 59?

more
    • Mamoth lake visit?

Mammoth Lakes May 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Is it good time to visit mammoth lake in may end?

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Help! I'm new here in San Diego

San Diego May 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM

I've just started a job right in the heart of San Diego - 4th and B street (BOA bldg) and hope some clever locals can give me a few ideas on healthy (not-too-pricey) lunch spots for a veggie. Also, cool hiding spots on the tops of buildings or in tucked away plazas to eat a lunch and escape. When I lived in San Francisco and worked downtown I had a whole slew of hiding spots, mostly public open spaces that few people knew about. Anything like that here? Rooftop lounges with a view, perhaps? Thanks!!!

more
    • Afternoon in Sonora, California

Sonora May 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM

What important historical places can I visit in one afternoon in Sonora, California?

more
    • Lone Pine Cemetery

Lone Pine Apr 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Is there a cemetery in Lone Pine named just that? Or around town?

more
    • Suitable Clothing & Weather

California 7 hours ago

Hi,
      My husband & I are driving from San Francisco up into the wineries, then to Carmel, Santa Barbara, Long Beach & ending up in San Diego.
      1) Can anyone answer me on what the weather will be like from 12th June - 27th June in these areas?
      2) Do people dress smartly to eat in restaurants/hotels in the evenings? And what about the day time attire?
      3) How's best to get to hotel in San Francisco from International Airport. Bus/Taxis?
      Thanks,
      JBH1

more
    • North pines - things to do each day with kids

Yosemite National Park May 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hi threr, we are 2 x families with 27 ftRVs...4 days in non elec campsites, any tips on what to do with kids each day and travel distance to activities? Do we leave RVs and get shuttle bus? Bike hire

more
    • Need photography location advice

Sequoia National Park May 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Hi all. I'll be visiting the park next weekend, 5/15 - 5/17. I'll arrive at night (5/15). I'd like to shoot star trails with a noticeable foreground. I'll then wait for the sunrise of 5/16. During the day time, I'll visit the points of interests. I'd also like to take photos of sunset. On 5/17, I'll visit more points of interests and then head back to LA. I'd be appreciated if you could advise on the locations for 1. star trails; 2. sunrise; and 3. sunset. In addition, please let me know if you have any photography tips in the park. For instance, what time at which location would be possible to create a dramatic shot. Thanks in advance!

more
    • suse1811's Profile Photo

Hostel to stay in new york

San Francisco May 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

more
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

Hotel / B&B in S Fo

San Francisco May 4, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hello

Do suggest a mid range Hotel or a B&B for 5 nights - also which area should we stay in?

Thanks

more
    • jtraveler9's Profile Photo

Hikes with rain

Yosemite National Park May 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Just wondering what hikes were doable since it seems that it will be raining right before and possibly during my stay at Yosemite next weekend?? I have a large group and half of us have a half dome permit but I read it's not recommended to do half dome after it rains.

more
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Last minute need for transport to Six Flags

Ventura Apr 28, 2015 at 8:30 PM

My son is in Ventura and has chance to meet friends at Six Flags weds 29th Apr but no transport. Long shot but does anyone have Any suggestions ?

more
    • travelgarfield's Profile Photo

R2D2 Popcorn Bucket

Anaheim May 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Has anyone been to Disneyland in the last few weeks, or days that can tell me if they R2D2 popcorn bucket is still available to purchase at Tomorrowland? Or the R2D2 mug souvenir which you can buy if you order the parfait at Tomorrowland Terrace? I am going during Memorial Week and I don't want to be running around trying to find it and be disappointed only to find out it has been discontinued and no longer available. Please help out a R2D2 fan. Thanks much!

more
    • Downtown SF to Sunnyvale, by train or car?

San Francisco May 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Dear VT members,

I plan to visit LA for a week after my SF trip. The final day of my SF trip, I plan to go to Apple's company store located in Cupertino. While going there shall I hire a car to stop for some (??) important places while travelling to Cupertino?

I am also curious about what you think about continuing to LA by car (with my luggages) from Cupertino, instead of getting back to my hotel in downtown SF to travel to SFO next day for flying to LAX?
      Thank you!

more
    • transportation to LAX

Solvang May 12, 2015 at 3:15 PM

What are the public transportation options for Solvang to LAX airport

more
    • jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Central San Diego and Los Angeles accomodation

California May 5, 2015 at 10:20 PM

My family and I (4 of us in total) are looking for some accommodation that is central between San Diego and Los Angeles. We happy to have early morning and drive a few hours each way each day but don't know what is the best place to look at

more
    • 1) Using a GPS in a car 2) using a phone cheaply to phone folk in California & back in England

California May 3, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Fellow travellers, (1) Hiring a car for 21 days, what would a cheap GPS device cost to buy in a store? (2) I'll be in California one month, could you recommend a cheap cellphone & network? Have a great May :)

more
    • looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015

Los Angeles Apr 25, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi I am looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015.
      It will be 20 or above days roadtrip!
      Maybe go to Seattle or Vancouver later.
      Are you interested joking the whole or part of the trip? Let's travel on the road!

more
    • Changing Flights at LAX

Los Angeles May 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM

First time flying into LAX. I will be flying into LAX at 8:35 am on Delta and then switching to Hawaiin Air. I have to options for a depart time with Hawaiin; 10:55 am & 1:10 pm. Is the 10:55 am enough time? I will be checking luggage. Thanks.

more
    • Returning back to overseas from LAX or SFO, does it worth gaining time or gaining money?

Los Angeles May 4, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I live in east Europe and I will visit LA for theme parks, hollywood and beachs, after staying in SF for 2 weeks. From SFO to LAX I will go by plane.

While returning, I either directly fly back from LA to europe, or first fly to SFO and fly from there to europe.

I spend $250 less, flying back from SFO.
      I earn 4-5 hours + 1 less flight (and it's hassles), flying back from LA.

Both planes take of at 6 PM.
      If I choose SFO path, I have to get to airport before 1PM to get on the plane at 2PM.
      If I choose direct flight from SFO, I have to get to airport 4PM at latest.

I have never been to SF or LA, so I appreciate every recommendation.
      Thank you soo much.

more
    • JoeL439's Profile Photo

How safe is it in SF

San Francisco May 20, 2015 at 2:57 AM

We like to stroll about quite a bit, Just wondering how safe the area's and bars around the waterfront are?

more
    • How many days in SF for the places I plan to visit?

San Francisco May 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I live in Europe and will visit SF and LA this summer.

After reading a lot, I decided to do the followings:
      - Academy of Sciences
      - Exploratorium (thursday night if I can)
      - Golden Gate Park
      - Presedio Park
      - Union Square
      - China Town
      - Alcatraz
      - AT&T park (baseball game)
      - Some nice places to eat breakfast, candy, etc.. found with Yelp or Foursquare.
      - Lombard Street
      - Nob Hill
      - Cable cars
      - A sightseeing tour or hop-on-hop-off bus (not sure of this line)
      - Fisherman's wharf
      - Pier 39
      - Renting Bike from Fisherman's wharf and passing over Golden Gate Bridge and returning with a ferry ( I am not sure if I can (or have to) visit Presedio with the bike before the bridge. (And/or Golden Gate Park))
      - Apple company store (Sunnyvale - caltrain)
      - Coit Tower

I have planned 5 days for all of these but I started to think that 5 days are more than I need, to do these. Am I right? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

more
    • Nude beach san fransico

San Francisco May 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM

how can you have a nude beach in a place that never reaches of 65 degrees even in the summer

more
    • 4 day itenary

by atima76 Online Now Apr 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM

We are driving with 2 kids (15 & 11 yrs) from Vegas on Thursday in the month of July. We plan to reach DV and enjoy the park that day spend the night there and then next day by noon drive to Yosemite. Reach Yosemite on Friday by evening and then enjoy the park next day on Saturday. Should we stay in Yosemite on Sunday as well or go to Lake Tahoe and then reach SFO on Monday?

We are not interested in Hiking/Trails… See some good spots and move on..

Where should we enter the park in DV and what should be our exit from DV and night stay? Any scenic drive to reach Yosemite? From where should we enter Yosemite? Where should we stay in Yosemite? From which point should we get out as faster route? Should we consider Lake Tahoe? Monday and Tuesday we want to enjoy SFO and then move further...

4 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    • Driving by Death Valley

by stargazingnoob Online Now Apr 11, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Hi Travelers,
      My name is James & I will be driving from Vegas to Death Valley on Sunday the 3rd of May. I would love to stargaze but I wouldn't want to set up camp for a night. Our next destination after Death Valley would be Yosemite. What is the best option available?
      Thanks in advance for your help
      Cheers,
      James

4 Answers Apr 11, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    • ShirleyL15's Profile Photo

some infomation

by ShirleyL15 Online Now Mar 30, 2015 at 12:56 AM

i wonted to know if it was possible to drive from death valley to yosemite in the 2nd week of january, 2016, if so need to know about fuel, food, and accommadation. if not possible can you still get to yosemite, were going to san francisco thank you shirley australia.

4 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    • Hotel & Route Recommendation

by Freakij Online Now Mar 19, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Hello together
      We are 3 students travelling through the west coast.
      We can't really estimate the time we need to travel between Death Valley and Yosemite.

Our Travelplan is following:

Donnerstag, 11. Juni 2015 San Diego - LA
      Freitag, 12. Juni 2015 Los Angeles
      Samstag, 13. Juni 2015 Los Angeles
      Sonntag, 14. Juni 2015 LA - Death Valley
      Montag, 15. Juni 2015 Death Valley
      Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015 Death Valley - Yosemite NP
      Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2015 Yosemite NP
      Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2015 Yosemite NP - SF
      Freitag, 19. Juni 2015 San Francisco
      Samstag, 20. Juni 2015 San Francisco
      Sonntag, 21. Juni 2015 San Francisco
      Montag, 22. Juni 2015 SF - Monterey
      Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015 Monterey - Pismo Beach
      Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2015 Pismo Beach - Santa Barbara
      Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2015 Santa Barbara - San Diego

Do you think this is okay? Can you recommend a hotel or a route between the nationalparks?
      Thank you in advance! :-)

7 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    • Driving Yosemite to Death Valley in February

by laurakate272 Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 1:17 AM

My partner and I will be driving from Yosemite to Death Valley in February next year and have no days to stop in between. I was just wondering about how long to expect in driving time and where would be good places to stop along the way?

4 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • Planning to drive through Death Valley on July 19

by haritrk Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Our family is planning to drive from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death valley on July 19. My parents (65+) with heart problem are going to travel with us and our daughter is 5 yr old.

Just want to have opinion from this forum, is it safe to drive through death valley in month on July? We are not planning to stop any where, just driving in A/C car.

Your opinion will be helpful

Thanks

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day

by manishbit76 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Dear Friends,

I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.

As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY

• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
      • 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
      • 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late

So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography

NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.

Thanks,
      Manish

5 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Las Vegas to San Francisco via DV

by karen51 Online Now May 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Hi there, we'll be travelling in a rented car from Las Vegas to San francisco 30th December with one overnight stop, we'd like to go via DV, can anyone give us any ideas on the best route to take, it seems via furnace creek/stovepipe wells is a good route, I'm aware that we'll have to go via Bakersfield because of the time of the year. Thanks!

11 Answers May 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • LA to San Fran via Death Valley.

by amymal Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

My friend and I are planning to drive from LA to San Fran via DV over 2 days.
      Is it possible to see some of the landmarks in this time frame? Which ones do you suggest?
      And where would you recommend staying for the night as a halfway mark?
      Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    • TiffanyM11's Profile Photo

Planning help for Death Valley..Christmas with a wheelchair.

by TiffanyM11 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I am planning a trip for this Christmas to Death Valley. Our family includes 1 teenage girl, 1 wheelchair bound MIL and 2 trail lovers.
      Seems some things say they are wheelchair accessible: Scott's Castle, Salt Creek...do you know of any others?

My goal is (of course) to make everyone happy. I am thinking we'd get a room as nearby as (wheelchair accessibly) possible - hopefully in a cool small town to visit at that. Eat and explore the town, let everyone rest and go someplace or two together, the next day plan a can't miss hike and go back and forth like that.

We will be driving from Northern California (Richmond) so what is closest on that side? Where can we get the most out of this trip?

4 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    • Will I have time?

by sjmbruce Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I have four, maybe five hours in death valley. I will be entering through Beatty. I would like to drive to titus canyon, then down to stovepipe wells village and emigrant. I would then like to go to the scenic loop at twenty mule team canyon and maybe down to dante's view. turning around there, I would go to badwater road at furnace creek visitors center. I want to take badwater road to artist's point loop. from there, I'd make my way back to Beatty. Is this doable in four or five hours? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • train service from los angeles are

by copilota Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Is there any public train servicer from the LA area to death valey

7 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    • economy car in death valley

by jimmy2013 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Hi,

i wanna go to las vegas through death valley.
      i have just a MAZDA 2, a small economy, actually just for the city.
      would you say that i shouldnt try it with that car? is the probalility higher that the car get overheated? i dont know!

thx, jimmy

9 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • Las Vegas to Yosemite

by emmajb1 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM

How long will it take to get from Las Vegas to Tenaya Lodge in Yosemite on 23rd October?

3 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    • mingomatic's Profile Photo

Best photo opportunities?

by mingomatic Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Just want to make sure to get some great shots in. Anyone know of where to get the best shots? Also, anyone have any great ideas of interesting ways to shoot in the desert? Open to hearing about props, what to wear, etc.

12 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    • Place to stay between San Francisco & Death Valley

by miamum Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Hi, we will be driving from San Francisco to Stovepipe Wells Death Valley via either interstate 5 or highway 99 in June & want to stay somewhere for 1 night en route, can anyone recommend any interesting places to stay? We would probably like to get as far as possible to our destination.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you

4 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Yosemite to Death Valley

by Oneill2905 Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hi, me and my husband are travelling for 2 weeks around various places and we are due to drive from Yosemite to Death Valley. We are staying in Death Valley for 1 night at the Furnice Creek Ranch and then onto Las Vegas. I have seen various posts that it will take 7-8 hours to get to Death Valley, does this sound about right? Does anyone have any advice on the best route?

We are only in death valley for 1 night so we are hoping to have the afternoon to see something, would anyone have any suggestions of the sights we could squeeze in for an afternoo, evening and early morning the following day? We are also travelling in June which looks like a bad time for the heat?

Thanks in advance

Kirsty

12 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    • Death Valley or Mojave

by jwmunos Online Now Dec 24, 2011 at 11:45 AM

My girl friend and I are taking a 5 day road trip from San Francisco to Las Vegas for NYE. We are planning on spending 2 nights in Death Valley and 1 night in the Mojave (or vice versa). Any suggestions? Where should we spend 2 and 1 nights? Things we should not miss?

14 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    • Winter route from Las Vegas to Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley

by patsepul Online Now Nov 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM

In late December, I will be renting a car in Las Vegas and driving to Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley. It looks like the most direct route is H-95 North from LV to 374 & 374 West to 190.

My concern is weather. Are these roads open all winter? Need I worry about 4 wheel drive or chains? Is this the best route in order to avoid those issues, or should I take 373 off of 95 (become 127 in CA) & go down to 190 that way?

Thanks for any advice.

3 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

itinerary help needed

by gapiffy Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM

i am planning a trip for my australian family of six in December-- flying into las vegas -we do want to go to grand canyon,bryce,monument,moab if we can do them . we want to drive through death valley up to yosemite then onto sfo.We have about 8 or 10 nights total from leaving lv to sfo (not sure how to work itinerary) not sure how to get from the canyon areas or monument valley over to death valley. pretty sure we have bitten off more than we can chew !!!
      .I need help -- well with everything! Any suggestions gratefully received !!.

10 Answers Aug 4, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    • Death Valley to Yosemite in January

by helenslea Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM

We are planning to travel from Las Vegas to Yosemite via Death Valley in early January. My idea is to take 2 days to drive. Would we be better to drive South from Death Valley and then North through Bakersfield or North from DV through Bishop and then accross on Hwy 88?
      If South, where could we stay out of Death Valley but not as far as Bakersfield?
      If North, it looks like Lone Pine is a good option.

6 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    • Death Valley from Las Vegas in Feburary?

by Meitantei Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Hello travelers! I will be going to Las Vegas with my family for a few days starting next weekend, and I'm looking into the possibility of taking a day trip to Death Valley. We were considering a tour, but we prefer to have our own freedom of where and how long to visit the sights, to top it off, none of the tours we wanted to join were available on our desired travel dates. We will be renting a regular 4-door car, not an SUV and not a 4x4.

The plan so far is to leave at around 5am in the morning, take the CA178 and onto Bad Water Road to sightsee on the way (Badwater, Devil's golf course, Artist's palette). Hopefully we'll reach Furnace Creek at around noon, where we'll be eating and checking out the visitor's centre. In the afternoon we'll make a quick drive to Devil's cornfield (and see the sand dunes), and go back to Dante's View, and take the 190 back to Las Vegas.

Here are some of my concerns with sightseeing and road conditions:

- I've read on wikitravel that chains may be needed, I've checked the weather conditions, seems like there's no snow for the past few days and no forcasted snow during our visit (next weekend). But I'd just like to ask for those of who's been there, would it be necessary to add the chains?

- Though the weather seems fine, several roads seem to be closed from the Park's morning report as of Jan 28th:

Hunter Mountain Road..CLOSED for the winter due to snow.
      Keane Wonder Road ....CLOSED; road and mining area closed to entry due to mine-safety hazards.
      Saline Valley (South Pass)..Signed CLOSED by Inyo County; 4x4 recommended; expect winter conditions, carry chains.
      Saline Valley (North Pass)..CLOSED for the winter due to snow.
      Titus Canyon Road .......Open, use caution
      Upper Wildrose Road....Open with snow 1/4 mile before kilns; road closed beyond kilns.
      Saratoga Springs ..........Road CLOSED due to mud.

Would these roads affect my plan mentioned above?

- On the general road conditions during winter, is there anything else that I should be noting down? Is my plan doable on a regular car?

Lastly, are the sights manageable with the time I've allocated to it? Are there any changes to my sights that you would suggest?

3 Answers Jan 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    • what to do for 1-2 days

by chrisroo Online Now Jan 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM

My husband and daughter and I are considering travelling from Los Angeles for a viasit to Death Valley. We would probably leave in the morning from LA and stay over one night or maybe two. What would you suggest we do or must see's? Would it be advisable to stay 2 nights coming from LA and if so where would you suggest we stay? Also, is it necessary to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle? Thanks.

9 Answers Jan 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    • Decent hotels close to Death Valley

by SylvieBlue Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 5:07 AM

Hey
      We will travel around the SouthWest this April/May. End of April, we will leave Yosemite NP and move on to Death Valley. However, we just noticed that the road to the East in Yosemite will be closed, so we are forced to leave it to the South and drive all the way around Sequoia to reach DV. Because this makes the drive up to DV very long, we are looking for a decent hotel not too far from DV (we'd prefer driving most of the road on the day we leave Yosemite). Anyone had any experience with this? We are from Europe and finding hotels in between the 2 parks proves quite hard...
      Enjoy the Christmas days!
      Sylvie

4 Answers Jan 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    • Tour Guide for Death Valley

by debanjan.goswami Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM

We're planning a trip to DV in mid-March 2011 and wondering if anybody has a 3-4 day plan covering interesting spots at DV. That will help us a lot to plan our trip. Thanks,

6 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    • Weather between Christmas and New Year

by gail128 Online Now Oct 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Thinking about a trip to Death Valley between Christmas and New Year. Heard it rains a lot during that time of year. Is that true? Any other info? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Oct 24, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    • Road conditions around the DV in March, getting to the park

by mileh Online Now Oct 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Hi,

We're planning a trip to DV in mid-March 2011 and are now wondering about the usual condition of the roads in and out of the park during that time of the year and hope to hear from people who've visited the park in the spring time.

Can the roads be icy or can there still be snow in the higher altitudes in March? We're from Europe and not really familiar with the use of snowchains etc. will we need snow chains or is that no longer a concern in March? We're planning on hiring a sedan type of a car and will stay on the paved roads but the way in the park seems to go over mountains and that's our main concern.

We're planning on staying for 3-4 nights in the park in order to have time to go on some moderate hikes and have time to enjoy the nature and scenery.

We're grateful for all replies and advice!

8 Answers Oct 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    • vtwoo's Profile Photo

Where could i find a city map of Palm Spring online?

by vtwoo Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Where could i find a city map of Palm Spring online? Thanks. (I can't find Palm spring forum, so post here to ask for help)

3 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    • tours

by DesertAmanda Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Does anybody know any tour companies that take people through Death Valley? I am coming alone and I am really keen to spend a 3 -4 days in the area checking it out. I will be around during the week commencing 18 October 2010

7 Answers Sep 3, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    • mmyerspa's Profile Photo

Off road / 4WD adventures

by mmyerspa Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I visited Death Valley a few years ago, and would like to go back. I am planning to be prepared with a 4WD vehicle this time. What places would you recommend going with a 4WD? I am thinking the Racetrack, and the larger sand dunes. Where else? I appreciate any tips regarding these places or others.

VT rocks!

2 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM