Death Valley National Park Travel Answers

change location
wendyjol's Profile Photo

Activities in summer in DV

by wendyjol Online Now Mar 9, 2004 at 2:11 PM

We are visiting DV in summer ( we have to as we are travelling from Europe ) Any suggestion to spent our time safely? We have one and a half day. We would like to see a sunrise, but where should we do it: Dante's view or Zabriskie Point? Thanks for your suggestions Wendy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Activities in summer in DV

by phastphreddy Online Now Mar 10, 2004 at 2:23 AM

If I'm thinking of the same place, then I liked Dante's View. I also liked Badwater and the Devil's Golfcourse. Whatever you do, don't do too much of it. You can get yourself into trouble really quick in that kind of heat.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Steve229's Profile Photo

Re: Activities in summer in DV

by Steve229 Online Now May 2, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Dantes View is by far the best! i did DV in a day, if you can manage it try to fit Scotty's Castle, Stovepipe Wells, Rhyolite (strictly speaking Nevada) Devils Golf Course, and a drive thru artists palate. i came from Vegas to LA, with a days stop over in the valley. i wish i could have had two to get the rest in. HOWEVER, three warnings 1) take lots of water (obvious!!) 2) take lots of sun cream (again obvious) 3) finally as it is right on the border of Nevada, the California Highway Patrol have seized this fertile breeding ground and, i was 20 minutes over the Nevada border when i got my ticket!!!! beware they lurk!!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines