De Panne Travel Answers

change location
depal's Profile Photo

Forgotten Du Panne

by depal Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 7:28 PM

No specific Question but see nobody talking about it. I went there last summer as a diversion from driving up the A16 from France. What a great quiet little place and what a magnificent beach.. There are those that will disagree but it was well worth the deviation

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

Forgotten Du Panne

by kiwi Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 7:48 PM

Hope you shot some photos and build a page to share with us. that'd be real interesting. come on , convince us to visit this little treasure you speak about! :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Forgotten Du Panne

by alza Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 8:38 PM

oh thank you for reminding me of La Panne! Used to go there a lot many years ago, great dunes and invigorating ocean air! Especially, great restaurant on the Promenade. I fell in love with the North Sea there. But I was young and crazy and my pics are too personal. hahaha.

• Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

Re: Forgotten Du Panne

by Christophe_Ons Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 3:27 PM

De Panne and nearby St-Idesbald/Koskijde are, in my opinion, among the best towns you can visit on the Belgian coastline. The latter is also home of the Belgian surrealist painter Paul Delvaux. For those who like to walk rather than stay on the beach all day : you can take a really nice stroll in this area, there are quite a few routes, especially in De Panne.

• Stevieboy's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Forgotten Du Panne

by Stevieboy Online Now Mar 17, 2004 at 7:36 AM

"What a great quiet little place and what a magnificent beach.." ... which is why we don't talk about it :-) :-) :-) Strangely, a lot of Belgians going that way like to walk along the French coast a bit to avoid the "appartment skyline". Also try Koksijde next time; it's more relaxed and has an equally nice beach.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines