Dayton Travel Answers

change location
CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

Hotel - Air Force Museum

by CulturalCompetence Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 9:06 PM

My husband is an aviation enthusiast. I am surprising him with a weekend trip to Dayton, Ohio, in September to visit the Air Force Museum. What hotels are close to the museum? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :-)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Yaqui's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel - Air Force Museum

by Yaqui Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 9:45 PM

My husband who was just there, suggested Best Western in Fairborne Ohio, it is right outside the base.:-) He will just love the museum.:-) Dee

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nav_jewel's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hotel - Air Force Museum

by nav_jewel Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 11:49 PM

Check this (you can also book online) RED ROOF INN DAYTON EAST FAIRBORN 2580 Colonel Glenn Hwy, FAIRBORN, OH 45324 travelnow.com/index.jsp?page...

• moirholj's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel - Air Force Museum

by moirholj Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 1:40 PM

I don't have any advice on hotels close by, but if you are looking for somewhere fun to go out at night after you see the museum, you should try the Oregon District in downtown Dayton. The district is basically a street full of unique bars, dance clubs and restaurants...lots of nightlife. There is also a comedy club there if my memory serves me correctly. You can often find live music at The Dublin Pub. Anyway, I always like to go there in the summer, so I thought I would pass that along. Have Fun!

• Mark.Mears's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel - Air Force Museum

by Mark.Mears Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 5:41 AM

There is a Holiday Inn on Colonel Glenn highway, right across the street from Wright State University. I think this is likely the best accommodation that one could find that is reasonable close to the Air Force Museum. The Museum is adjacent to area B, so the Holiday Inn location on Colonel Glenn is better than other locations in Fairborn which are more near areas A and C of Wright-Patt. The museum and the Wright-Patt areas are about 3 or 4 miles from downtown Dayton. The Fairfield Mall area is very close to the Holiday Inn I mentioned above and that area has a lot of restaurants too. The Wright State University’s Nutter Center also has a variety of events/shows. If you’re here for a few days, you might want to look at that too.

The Oregon District, as mentioned in another reply, is a nice place to find restaurants, bars, nightlife,… that are indigenous to the Dayton area. Jay’s Seafood is in that are and “top notch”, as is the Pine Club which is near downtown on Brown street.

The museum has three huge hangers and a Cinemax theater. If your husband is into anything related to aircraft, he will love the museum.

• Mark.Mears's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel - Air Force Museum

by Mark.Mears Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 5:40 AM

Guess I should look at the dates on these things before I reply huh? Dah!!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines