Davao Travel Answers

change location
scarletf's Profile Photo

Pearl Farm

by scarletf Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hello,

To those who had stayed in Pearl Farm or a resident of Davao, I need your opinion. We are planning to have an overnight stay there in July, 2012 and I have enumerated all my questions. Please see below:

1. Is it true that the staff will check your bags to make sure that there are no foods brought to the resort? As in everything out of your bag?
2. How about water? Do they also prohibit guests to bring drinking water?
3. Is is true also that the a la carte food is good for 2 to share?
4. I heard that there are places were under renovation. Is it done already?
5. We are planning to stay in one of the Samal Houses... which house has the perfect view?
6. Lastly, how's the weather on Samal in July?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • barbie_sunrise's Profile Photo

Re: Pearl Farm

by barbie_sunrise Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 6:33 AM

We only doi daytour so I can only answer the first Q. Yes they do check the bags before you aboard the boat going to the Island. Im not sure about the drinking water.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scarletf's Profile Photo

by scarletf Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Thanks, Barbie! :)

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Sister, here are my answers:

1. I heard stories of bags being checked but we didn't experience that when we went.

2. Yes they do if it is just the amount you have taken with you while you wait for the boat. Not if there's too much of it you're bringing.

3. No sis it's not that much for 2 persons to share. Well, it really depends on the quantity a person eats per meal. I would say just a little more than 1 person's average meal.

5. Most of them have the same view as they're all facing the sea.

6. It's rather rainy in July. We were there in May and it was already rainy.

by scarletf Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Thank you so much, Jane! :)

• monina_c's Profile Photo

by monina_c Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM

like barbie, i only went for a day trip qai so i am not sure i can answer all the Qs you enumerated. :) the samal houses are near the parola which is kinda picturesque. they're also near the infinity pool and the snorkel area AND the other pool areas are quite near too. from experience july in davao means some drizzle in the afternoons but having crazy weather patterns make it hard for me to say what kind of weather you'll have in davao this coming july.

by scarletf Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Thanks, Ate Monins! :)

• beka1121's Profile Photo

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I just want to share with you our experience with Pearl Farm. Went there last August of 2012 with my relatives for a day-tour, we were 10 persons, i know it is different when one stay for a night. No inspection of bags and we were given each a bottle of drinking water to welcome us while in the boat, it is a 45 minutes boat ride and we were given a powder room, i thought it is only a simple powder room but they gave us one Malayan House instead for free. Learned that if you are in a group more than 6 persons you can request for a powder room during your booking time. The eat all you can lunch started at 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the food was really super compared to any resorts that i have visited. Plenty of different kinds to choose from. The boat leaves at 8:00 a.m. going to the island and 4:00 p.m. from the island. The place, the beach and the pools are all nice.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Davao