Davao Travel Answers

change location

davao land transpo question

by pongs Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 2:16 PM

How do you travel from Manila to Davao by land? I know you say use the Pan-Philippine Highway but exactly how? I want to drive by the way so I can somewhat tour North to South. If you can also, can you give details on who to contact for me to know how to get there by land?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • billbing's Profile Photo

Re: davao land transpo question

by billbing Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I have done this twice on Philtranco bus long time ago but i think it's still the same route. Just travel south of Luzon until you reach Matnog in Sorsogon and take the ferry going to Allen, Samar and from there you travel again going south to San Juanico Bridge which connects Samar to Leyte. Keep on going south to Liloan port for the second ferry ride to Lipata in Surigao. From there you go south to Butuan City and decide if you take the Agusan Road which is shorter route to Davao but rough or take the Butuan to Cagayan de Oro road and then off to Bukidnon before Davao which is longer but more scenic and the roads are paved all the way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • olitrac's Profile Photo

Re: davao land transpo question

by olitrac Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 9:58 PM

i agree with billbing

• Re: davao land transpo question

by alextorres Online Now Dec 23, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Hi. This new am traveling by land to General Santos City from Manila. We shall be going down south to Matnog, Sorsogon ang take the ferry to Allen or San Isidro. from there we will go down to Liloan and again ride the ferry to surigao. I was advised by my brother to follow the route to San Francisco instead of going via Gingoog as it will significantly lengthen my trip. So this will be bring me down to Davao City. From there we will proceed to General Santos City via DAvao del Sur [Digos City]. However, going back to manila, we will take a different route.....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Davao