Davao Travel Answers

change location
Perucha's Profile Photo

Anybody ever flew to Manado from Davao?

by Perucha Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 3:59 AM

Dear all,
I plan to go to Davao in mid of August 2006 and fly back to Manado, Indonesia. Since I live in Jakarta, then I have to fly again from Manado to Jakarta.
Anybody ever flew to Manado from Davao? How's the flight? How many hours? Is it always on time? 'Cuz flight Davao-Manado is every Monday at 15.00 and I have to catch another flight Manado-Jakarta at 16.15. Is that possible?
Please let me know...

Thanks,
Peru

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lil_mamba1409's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Anybody ever flew to Manado from Davao?

by lil_mamba1409 Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 4:48 AM

We did circuit back-packing travel for 6 months around southeast asia over 10 years ago and ending our trip down at Manado where we catched the flight back to the Philippines via Manado- Davao route.It was with Garuda Air.There was no delay and the flight went smoothly.I read some people's post here dissatisfied with their flight experience Manado-Davao connection (one of them is ref Vter : Choleross posting about Manado-Davao,have a look).Maybe it's only a one off sad experience,and could not all be a trade mark for all the airline services via Manado-Davao route.Just be open minded.It's an hour's flight Manado -Davao.But it may differ with the from one airline to another.10 yrs ago,it was only Garuda air operating ,but now you can have Buoraq and Philippine air as well.I heard of Garuda isn't operating anymore via that route.
    Regarding the flight and your connection time,whew it's quite dodgy.That leaves you really short of time for transfer.In case of any delay of Davao-Manado flight you'll hv some trouble.Look for other better options.To be certain of flight time schedules ,you better visit the airline's web site or have a chat with a travel agent ,so u have your travel safe and sound with minimum levels of stress.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • debay's Profile Photo

RE: Anybody ever flew to Manado from Davao?

by debay Online Now Jul 12, 2006 at 1:56 AM

Right now, only Merpati Air flies from Davao-Manado every Monday. Can't say that they are always on time, so I think planning a same-day Manado-Jkt flight is a bit risky. How about scheduling your Dvo-Manado flight a day before Manado-Jkt , then overnight in Manado? Have not flown on Merpati but we have regular clients who use it and sometimes, we receive reports that flights are cancelled or late, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Davao