Davao Travel Answers

change location
risse73's Profile Photo

Mt. Apo Trek

by risse73 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Has anyone trekked Mt. Apo? If so, can you please share your experience, insight and perspective about this place and activity. Do you know the level of difficulty for this trek? Any guide/porter you can recommend?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • heydelin's Profile Photo

Re: Mt. Apo Trek

by heydelin Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Hi Risse,

You contact pinoymountaineer (info@pinoymountaineer.com) in arranging Mt. Apo trip pinoymountaineer.com/2007/10...

There are several level of difficulty... Kapatagan trail would take 2 days, Kidapawan-Magpet trail that would take you 3-4 days. From Kidapawan, you need to talk to some people in the Tourism office there, they would give you a guide. cotabatoprov.gov.ph/lgus/kid...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • risse73's Profile Photo

by risse73 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thank you Haydee! I appreciate all your efforts to help me out.

I have browsed through pinoymountaineer.com and found a wealth of information there. I also e-mailed the contact there, but I have yet to receive a response from them. I hope they do respond soon.

Yes, I read that Mt. Apo can be challenging and quite difficult, thus, the high level of difficulty rating.

I heard the Kapatagan trail is shorter, but more difficult (due to the boulder scrambling you have to go through) than the Kidapawan trail, which is "easier;" however, you'll have to cross the big river without the use of a bridge. :(

I also found another hiking/trekking provider on-line that specializes in Mt. Apo, but I am still awaiting for their e-mail response.

Again, thank you so much Haydee! I will keep you posted on the update of this trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• heydelin's Profile Photo

by heydelin Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 2:34 AM

My pleasure in helping you Marissa! Enjoy your trip! Hope the guys would reply to your mails soon!

1 member found this helpful

• risse73's Profile Photo

by risse73 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

A couple of them responded so far. I just received their e-mails and I will respond to them now. Thanks again, Haydee!

• sanggano's Profile Photo

by sanggano Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

check out in facebook : social climbers - your peak experience .
    they organized our trek and took care of everything, gave tips on what to expect and physical conditioning. i had altitude sickness, and was relieved that they brought a doctor along.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Davao