change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation advice

by turtle666 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hi there everyone.
      I am a single female traveller. I am planning to visit Datça this Friday and stay for 3-4 days. I am aware that this is now the low season for tourism and the hotel prices should decrease also. However I have noticed on several hotel booking websites that the hotel prices per night in Datça are still very high. However, I have experienced in other tourist hotels along the coast that the internet price is often waivered by the hotel staff and I have paid half to one-third of the quoted internet price.

I am not sure if this can also be done in Datça. Rather than booking a hotel room online, is it possible to ask the hotel managers in person (once I arrive in Datça) for a discount? If this is possible, can you please advise me on what discount percentage of the quoted internet price would be reasonable to ask for? For example, if a hotel in Datça is charging 80TL per night for a room, is it reasonable to ask for a discount of 50% or more?

Any advice will be most greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
      Christine

5 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    • Pensions

by clarefitzyg Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM

We prefer to stay in smaller hotels and pensions to experience the 'real Turkey'. Any recommendations around Datca? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM