change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• self drive tour of uluru and the olgas

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello
      Is it possible to drive around the base of Uluru ? Like maybe do a mix of drive and walk around the base.

I am planning a 2 to 3 days visit in early july, with my 2 young children (8 and 6) and I find it hard to choose between an organised tour, the uluru express shuttle or just hire a car : I am not sure my kids could do the long walks in the time imparted by most of the organized tours but I would like them to do more than watch the sunset and take a photo !

more
    • Darwin in six days

by RosieJean Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

My father served in the RAAF in WWII in Darwin. My sister and I are taking a "pilgrimage" to Darwin for 6 days, What shall we see and do? How can we go to see parts of Kakadu?

7 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • name of shop

by carolebevan Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi I bought some 100% rayon hand made pants that were made in Indonesia that came in various colours in a shop in Darwin City. Does anyone know the name of the Shop. These pants were one size fits all. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • almost 3,5 days in Darwin area - help to optimise

by Anjulis Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I am arriving at 1pm on Day 1, leaving at 6 pm on Day 4. How to see the most in that time? Can I still visit both parks, Kakadu and Litchfield? How to organize the time? Where to spend nights?

4 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    • job searching

by Jenjenn Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I am heading back to aus after spending 10 months in Melbourne there. I want to try a different adventure. thinking bout starting in Darwin and working way down east coast, but picking up work along way. Has anyone worked in Darwin, what sort of jobs are there, and how easy are they to come by? thanks!

2 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • Snuggles2012's Profile Photo

9 months to plan

by Snuggles2012 Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 7:15 AM

So I am an American living in Australia now, moved from Victoria here to Kalgoorlie western australia bout year ago my husband and i are planning on a trip in late May to NOrthern Territory via Alice Springs and all that for approx 8 weeks. Looking for suggestions on where to go wat to see and do from anyone interested in chatting about it to me. things to see, things to avoid, tourist traps, hidden gems. not just in NT but also up Northern WA. Husband and I have 4wheel drive wed like to try while out and about so any suggestions...Thanks a bunch

8 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM
    • Cahill's Crossing/Stone Country Festival

by Lmann Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We'll be in the Darwin area in late Aug. We're hoping to go for a few days to Kakadu, then to the Stone Country Festival on August 25. We will be borrowing a friends car (not hiring) and they've said it's ok to use it off-road, but I believe it's 2WD. Will we be able to make it across Cahill's Crossing, if we chose the right time? I'd really love to go the the festival, but don't want to damage the car or drive all the way out there to discover we can't make it across. Any other advice for the area, Kakadu, Nitmulik, or the festival would be much appreciated.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    • xantylaol's Profile Photo

Enjoying Darwin a couple of days in July

by xantylaol Online Now Jun 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Hi!

I'm gonna travel to Darwin in a few days and I've done some research on the tours and stuff you can do there. I really wanna experience the nature and see as much as possible. I have three-four days roughly, and I would like to focus primarily on the landbased tours, even though the ocean is great as well. What are the best tours I can take now? I've targeted these as good options so far:

1. Venture North Daytrips: http://www.venturenorth.com.au/
      2. Litchfield Day Tours: http://www.litchfielddaytours.com/
      3. SeaDarwin: http://seadarwin.com/

What I want to experience is as much as possible of genuine nature, wilderness, wild animals and landscapes combined with a guide with a lot of factual knowledge, competence and passion for these things who wants to share. If travelling alone with the guide and not a group is the best option, that's ok.

I'm travelling alone, am fit, used to rough terrain, heat, humidity, wild animals and whatnot and like to get out there :)

I hope you can give me some tips and recommendations on what I should focus on.

Secondarily, tips on nice stuff to do in Darwin itself is appreciated - like where to grab some good food, good place to grab a beer during the evening, and so on. I also noticed the Botanical Garden as a probable nice place to visit.

Thanks to everybody who takes the time and effort to assist! :)

Chris

10 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    • Darwin to Kakadu for 1 day

by marcopolo58 Online Now Mar 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Hi everyone i need some help. will be in Darwin for a few days in August and don't have time for an overnight stay in Kakadu, but would love to see it. Is it possible (read still enjoyable) to go there for a day trip, to see the main attractions.
      Also, i will have a Tarago to drive around. Do you need a 4 wheel drive in Kakadu.
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 13, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    • From U S to Darwin

by tadupuy2nd Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM

My husband and I will be moving to Darwin @May 1 for a three year work project. I am interested in shopping information for locals, not tourists. I hope to pack light! Will the wet season be over? Are there a lot of bugs outside or can you enjoy nights outdoors? Is internet service available in residences? Cable/Satalite tv? What cell phone service is best for international calling? Is there anything that I should bring from U S that I cannot get there?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    • North West coast Cyclone season

by basheuvel Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Hi there,

In two weeks we're going to Perth. From there we start our trip by camper to Exmouth, Broome and Darwin for a month. We know it's wet season in February/March but the guy from the travel agency strongly advised us to not go there because of the Cyclone Season. Has someone got experience with that? Is it really that bad or dangerous? Thank you.

Cheers,
      Bas

4 Answers Jan 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM
    • CHJD69's Profile Photo

Darwin Australia

by CHJD69 Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I'll be headed to Darwin in March for work. What are the do's and don'ts about the city? How is the night life? How are the women?

2 Answers Jan 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    • Camper Van Trip : Darwin - Alice Springs - Ulruru - Alice Springs

by MikeM2 Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Planning this road trip over 14 days at mid/end of April 2012

Would appreciate planning advice on what to see - which camp sites to use (or avoid) - how long to spend at each location?

Do I need pre bookings for power camp sites

How busy is this time of year ?

and generally any suggestions on things we should be aware of

Many thanks

Mike

4 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 5:16 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Darwin to Vietnam

by poepat Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Hi can anyone advise the best way to travel from Darwin to Vietnam and vice versa. We are coming to Darwin in March next year but stopping off at Vietnam for several days first.
      Many Thanks
      Poepat

3 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    • swimsuit shop

by mariajo234 Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 12:09 PM

In December I was on a cruise ship and made a purchas at this shop, unfortuantly I DID'NT have my Visa card so layed buy them. On the ship the details were lost. I have now lost the name of the shop except swimsuit was written on the front and I LEFT my name etc. It was on the left intersection and had lovely cloths and swim where and is mentioned in a shopping tourest pamplet.
      Would love some one to help me.
      Marie Brown

1 Answer Jan 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • Which is the cheapest month to fly to Asia from Darwin

by anna.sheldrick Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Hi, I have been told it is cheap to fly from here to Asia but I want to go next July and the prices are all sky high (lol)! I have July off work but maybe will have to take some additional time unless sales are coming up for July later? Travel Agent told me they will sell out and I have to buy now.

3 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    • s6656's Profile Photo

9 Days in Darwin with a group. Suggestions on how much time to spend.

by s6656 Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Will be arriving in Darwin on Dec 6 at 6AM and leaving 14 Dec at 3PM with 4 adults n 4 teenagers (from 12 to 16yrs).

We have a car and planning to drive around various parts but do not want to change hotels daily. We like to base in a town and do a few day trips and then maybe move to another town and do the same. Beside Darwin, we thought of looking at Kakadu or even Katherine. If you have better suggestions, please shoot.

We like nature and animals. Please suggest which towns we can base in and how to divide the 9 days.

If you have to know of any good self Catering Accommodation, please advice.

Looking forward for good advice.

3 Answers Sep 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    • Travelling with young children to the parks?

by bettydraper Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hi,

We are a family with a 2 year-old and a 6 months old baby, and we are thinking of going to Darwin for a few days in Sept, and visiting Litchfield park or Kakadu park.

Do you think this is possible for us? What would be best, by campervan or by car + hotel?
      Is there a lot of walking to do, as we'll probably end up carrying our 2 kids...?

Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Jul 10, 2010 at 2:48 AM
    • car in Darwin

by elenem Online Now May 10, 2010 at 2:26 AM

We're a Belgium family with three kids and will be travelling around Australia and New-Zealand for one year.

In Australia we will travel with a Toyota Landcruiser.
      The car will be used untill the 15th of june 2010 and we will arrive at the 30th of june 2010 in Darwin.

Between the 15th and the 30th of june the car (and all the campingstuff) need to have a safe 'sleeping'place. Can you help us ?

Thanks,
      Marleen.

• 4 hr stopover in Darwin Airport

by Magsf Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Hi

Is it possible to leave the airport and see a little of Darwin, with only a 4 hour stopover? We will be arriving from Brisbane and connecting with a Bali flight.

Many Thanks Magsf

6 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    • Flight cost in June

by beckybabie83 Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Hi,

I will be flying from Melbourne to Darwin at the end of June and was wondering what the cheapest airfares for this time of year are? At the moment the cheapest flights are169 one way. I don't know whether to just book these flights or take a chance and wait for cheaper flights?

Thanks,
      Rebecca

8 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend tour company in Darwin

by TravelingSue Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Some friends and I are coming to Darwin in March on a tour. Can anyone recommend a local tour company that would accomodate 12-15 people? We arrive at 7am in the morning and have to be back on the ship at 5pm. Thanks. Sue

3 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    • kakadu tours with children

by gallyg Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Can anyone recommend a company they have used for tours of Kakadu which would be suitable for a couple with a 4 year old child. Worried about ending up on a tour with a bunch of teenagers/ gap year kids.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    • Darwin without a car

by usernmea Online Now Nov 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM

We are arriving in Darwin from Sydney in late January. Have 4yo kids. We are not going to hire a car.

Any tips?

We would love to have a river cruise or go somewhere out of the city but we don't know if that's possible without hiring a car?

Thnx.

6 Answers Dec 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    • idy's Profile Photo

Darwin transport and other questions!

by idy Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49 AM

Hullo forum folks!

I'll be arriving in Darwin something in January on an early flight which lands at about 4am. I was wondering if I'd able to catch a12 shuttle bus from the airport to the city at that time.

I need to arrive in the city at about 6am as I'm signed on for a tour that sets off at 6.30am.

Also, the tour I'm on will go to Kakadu and the surrounds and up to the Uluru though Alice Springs and Adelaide. I was wondering if I'll need a hat that has a fly net.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    • WojtekD's Profile Photo

Darwin to Broome - easy now?

by WojtekD Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Hi Globies
      I have a question to our Australian experts:
      Wild Kununurra (Darwin to Broome route) seems to be interesting...
      Years ago it was hard accessible, expensive and difficult to explore. Car rental companies refused to rent a compact car for Darwin - Broome route.
      How does it looks now?. Are main roads improoved?
      Stopover suggestions? Special attractions worth to stop?
      Thanks...
      Wojtek

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    • accomodation enquiry

by jogarwood Online Now Aug 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM

hi, we are coming up to a conference at palmerston uni on the 27th sept to the 2nd oct and are looking for a 2 bedrooom, self contained cabin or B&B at reasonable rate, we would need to be able to walk to uni or be on a bus line maybe. would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    • What to do? Where to stay?

by snap09 Online Now Jul 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Visiting Darwin for first time, female, over 40 travelling alone and won't be hiring a car. Have about 7 days to do stuff and need to work out where to stay (at least for the first night). Happy to stay at a backpackers with my own room, - good for booking cheap trips - but not keen to share my space with beer sodden 20 y.olds (been one, moved on) Can anyone suggest what I should do, what I should book and an okay place to stay that's central and well priced?

2 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    • Darwin to Ayers rock airport-advice on things to see places to stay and cheapest car hire.

by Tyronem Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a one of trip to Darwin and have booked a 3 day tour of Kakdu but would like to Hire a car and travel from Darwin to Ayers rock airport.
      We will be leaving Darwin on the 31st august and fly from Ayers rock on the 5th September total of 5 days travel time ? would this be enough time and what is the best and cheapest car hire company's you could recommend, trying to find one with unlimited kilometers seems near impossible any good one in Darwin (PLEASE HELP!!) Any advice on cheap places to stay along the way and good places to see would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Two Days Darwin Before Joining 8 day Top End Tour

by Mikebb Online Now Jun 28, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Arrive Darwin 1pm Saturday 1st August and joining tour Sunday Evening which leave us the remainder of Saturday and all day Sunday to do our own thing pre tour.
      The tour includes a morning tour of Darwin Monday.

Any suggestions of special things happening weekend, including markets, possible boat cruise, where to take good photos and a good place for dinner Saturday night, something casual.

What is the best way to get around on weekend, public transport or taxi. We will be ataying at the Vibe hotel, which they say is on the dge of the city centre and close to wharf.

Appreciate all information.

Mike

5 Answers Jul 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    • Snig's Profile Photo

Travelling to Darwin NT in July

by Snig Online Now May 29, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Hi ppl. My partner and I are travelling to Darwin in July. We have only just booked our flights recently and as yet do not have any accommodation or travel schedule. We are probably going to stay the first few days around Darwin then maybe get out and about in the national parks for a few days then head back to city for the remainder, We are in NT for a total of 9 nights from the 3rd of july until the 12th. Does anyone have any suggestions on what do and see in the outback/national parks (anything in NT infact) I have looked at a few tours and they seem expensive, I guess it is peak season. Would it be better/easier/more interesting to hire a car and do these ourselves? We also do not have any accomodation in Darwin yet but are probably loking at cabins out of the city.. (malak?) or something similar Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is our first time in the Territory and can't wait!

Thanks in Advance

Snig & Annette

6 Answers Jun 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM