Darwin Travel Answers

change location

Northern Territory Parks visit - please advise

by AlexG_10 Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 3:40 AM

Dear forum members,

We are planning about 16 days in Australia in early July visiting Sydney, Melbourne and some more places. We would not like to change location too often if possible. I estimated in Sydney (and surroundings) 5 days, Melbourne 3-4 days which leaves us 7-8 days more.
1. Does it make sense to spend this time in Darwin and Northern parks? Or should we split this time between Darwin (with parks) and something else?

2. Given that we will stay in Kakadu park for 2-3 days renting the car – may we cover main tourist attractions self-traveling (I will learn in advance what they are)?

3. Are there "standard" attractions in Kakadu park that we definitely need local guide or guided tour from Darwin? Will there be something that we can not get staying in Kakadu Park by ourselves? Like some cruises that available only for groups (sunrise Yellow Water cruise; jumping crocodiles – need a boat? Need a guide?).

4. Is this enough to have maps/GPS and guide-book or materials to get to these locations within park with no risk to get lost or get into troubles? I am planning regular not 4WD car.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Alex

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines