Darwin Travel Answers

change location

how to find long-term accommodation

by schmalli Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 7:14 AM

hey guys,

I'll be heading down to Darwin next week for a 6-months internship...maybe you could tell me something about how and where to find accommodation for 6 months (like shared student accommodation etc.)

I'll probably spend most of my working time at the CD University - do you think it's better to look for an apartment near the university building or rather somewhere in the city center (and take the local bus to casuarina...?)

Any idea what's the average monthly rent of a typical student's apartment in Darwin??

thanks for any advise!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • 1+1's Profile Photo

RE: how to find long-term accommodation

by 1+1 Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 11:16 PM

The city centre is more for tourists. If you're going to spend most of your working time at Casuarina campus then you'd probably be better off living closer. You're closer to the beaches there, and the major shopping centre for Darwin is at Casuarina. I don't know what rental rates are like but this is put out by the uni:

"On-campus accommodation is provided by North Flinders International House, located on Casuarina Campus. For more information contact the main office on: (08)8946 6591 Information about off campus accommodation can be obtained from the Equity & Student Access, Building 22."

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines