Darmstadt Travel Answers

change location

transportation from Darmstadt to Frankfurt // flat prices

by madgame Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 7:10 PM

Hello, I'm from Germany myself..and I might end up going to Darmstadt for college. I would like to be in or at least close to a big city (and I like Frankfurt) and was wondering if Darmstadt would be a good choice for me (Frankfurt isnt an option unfortunately).

I heard the transportation from Darmstadt to Frankfurt was very efficient, b/c Frankfurt is such a hub (b/c of the airport..) and that busses even left at night?

Is it possible to get from Darmstadt to Frankfurt to go out at night and take a bus/train back to Darmstadt? I read those buses started leaving at around 4:20 or so?

Maybe somebody could also tell me how much a flat..say 20-30 square meters is in Darmstadt / Frankfurt? I assume Frankfurt is superexpensive, but that Darmstadt might be affordable?

Also..how is Darmstadt in general/for going out at night?

thanks! (feel free to reply in German if you want to..just thought Id keep this English so everybody could read it)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Weissdorn's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from Darmstadt to Frankfurt // flat prices

by Weissdorn Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 12:36 AM

Darmstadt is a good choice, but anywhere in the greater Rhein-Main-Area is realtively expensive. It might be more affordable to live in Wixhausen, Dreieich, Neu Isenburg, Dietzenbach, or even in Offenbach, as Darmstadt is nearly as expensive as Frankfurt itself. The RMV Transit Authority is fairly punctual, clean and efficient. Not as good as Munich, not as poor as Düsseldorf. Train service usually terminates around midnight. There are some Night Buses, but they only travel within Frankfurt itself. 20-30 qm (heated is approximately 900 Euro/month in this area. You could find something for around 400-600 Euros, but you would have to contact a Wohn- bzw. Baugenossenschaft. WG's are common, and you can often find a WG room for 200 Euros a month. Darmstadt has a pleasant night life (so my nephew tells me).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: transportation from Darmstadt to Frankfurt // flat prices

by dalekessler Online Now May 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I hope you could help me? My great, great, grandfather came from Darmstadt, and I was trying to find in what area [city or town] he might have came from. My real hope is to try and find some family members in Darmstadt. His name was Louis Kessler.

Born: April 21, 1819
    Left Darmstadt around 1837 with his parents.
    So I was hoping you might beable to tell me were to look for such information.

respectfully,

Dale Kessler

My E-mail is. dale.b.kessler@gmail.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines