Darmstadt Travel Answers

change location

Darmstadt or Ýsemsheim

by Pulpego Online Now Mar 30, 2003 at 12:54 PM

Hi, For a fair, I will be travelling to Frankfurt on May of 2003. Some of my friends adviced me to stay in neighboring towns rather than Frankfurt since it is gonna be easier and economical. Plus I will get to see more places on my way going to Frankfurt. Ýt sounds like a good plan however I am not sure which town to look for a place to stay and that will give a better insight of the region.. Please drop me a line if you are familiar with the area.. Thanks Bunch..Jay

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chicabonita's Profile Photo

Re: Darmstadt or Ýsemsheim

by chicabonita Online Now Mar 30, 2003 at 1:20 PM

Depending on which fair is taking place the hotel prices are also higher then normal outside Frankfurt. I commute to Frankfurt every day by car. I think the public transport from Darmstadt to Frankfurt is okay. The Bergstraße (some cities are: Darmstadt, Bensheim, Heppenheim), a region in the south of Frankfurt is very nice. I can also recommend Wiesbaden.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Weissdorn's Profile Photo

Re: Darmstadt or Ýsemsheim

by Weissdorn Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 9:23 AM

Did you mean Darmstadt or Griesheim? There are 2 Griesheims; one is just west of Frankfurt, and the other is in Darmstadt. At any rate, during a Messe or fair the hotel prices go up by 70-110%, depending on the hotel. Alternative towns: Offenbach (check my page) Gelnhausen Hanau Bruchköbel Steinheim Dietzenbach Dreieich Seligenstadt My tip is to stay away of anything West of or North of Frankfurt, since they tend to be on the more expensive side. The reason for this, is because the automobile traffic flows better in these directions, whereas it tends to congest in the South and East. Really expensive are any towns that write Taunus after their name, e.g. Oberursel i.d.Taunus, Bad Homburg v.d. Taunus, Bad Soden (Taunus), Gravenbruch (the Kempenski is where Presidents and Queens stay) Isenburg Bad Vilbel Wiesbaden Mainz Anywhere near the Airport: Zepplinheim Rüsselheim Kelsterbach Eschborn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines