Darjeeling Travel Answers

change location
sash100's Profile Photo

Best way from Calcutta to Darjeeling

by sash100 Online Now Dec 10, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Hi, Still planning my trip to Darjeeling. I'm wondering what is the best way to travel from Calutta to Darjeeling? Can I buy train tickets online? Also if anyone could give me advice on how to get to Darjeeling from Siliguri? Are there any jeeps for hire and how much do they cost? Are there any firms hiring out jeeps with websites?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

Re: Best way from Calcutta to Darjeeling

by earthflyer Online Now Dec 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM

You can fly to Bagdogra near Siliguri then just taxi over to Siliguri and jump into the jeeps to Darjeeling. But most people take the overnight train to Siliguri and arrive in the morning and take jeep to Darjeeling. Jeeps are less likely to go up to Darjeeling after 2pm but you might get lucky. I think I paid about 300 rupees back in 2006. I do not see any firms where you can hire jeeps and can't say that I saw anything like that in Darjeeling and have been a couple of times now.

I am hearing people are booking online but I have not tried this yet. If you have no luck their try the Foreign Tourist Bureau on Fairlie Place in Calcutta, thats where I go to book my train tickets and it's less hassle than the train station which is on the other side of the river.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Re: Best way from Calcutta to Darjeeling

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Dec 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM

This is the link for your queries:

darjeelingnews.net/travelmai...

• Re: Best way from Calcutta to Darjeeling

by roserbrown Online Now Dec 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM

You can use this link "wwww.justdial.com/srch/searc..." to get the information about bus services to siliguri and even for more services you can search on www.justdial.com, you can get the information for cab services also for Darjeeling from siliguri.

Well, If you have planned for Christmas in Darjeeling then you must stay in Windamere Hotel. I am sure, you would love that experience. I have stayed in windamere hotel last Christmas, I had a fantastic experience and thanks to them for making us smile with such beautiful and entertaining events. You may click windamerehotel.com/christmas... for more details.

by roserbrown Online Now Dec 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM

You can use this link "wwww.justdial.com/srch/searc..." to get the information about bus services to siliguri and even for more services you can search on www.justdial.com, you can get the information for cab services also for Darjeeling from siliguri.

Well, If you have planned for Christmas in Darjeeling then you must stay in Windamere Hotel. I am sure, you would love that experience. I have stayed in windamere hotel last Christmas, I had a fantastic experience and thanks to them for making us smile with such beautiful and entertaining events. You may click windamerehotel.com/christmas... for more details.

by roserbrown Online Now Dec 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines