Darjeeling Travel Answers

change location

Taxi from Bagdogra to Darjeeling

by mmathur Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM

My wife and I (both senior citizens)intend arriving at Bagdogra from Delhi on 20 Oct 10 at 1335 hrs and will need a taxi to go to Darjeeling. Where shall I find it and how much will it cost?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Bagdogra to Darjeeling

by earthflyer Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM

A taxi to Darjeeling will cost a lot of money from the airport and the journey might be slow, most people either hire a whole jeep or get a shared jeep to Darjeeling and beyond.

A taxi from the Airport to Siliguri is about Rs 300 from Siliguru take a jeep to Darjeeling. Jeeps can get up the winding roads a lot eaiser than a car.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goutammitra's Profile Photo

by goutammitra Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 6:49 PM

The best option for you would be to take a shared taxi just outside Bagdogra airport. Take the front seat or the middle ( They are all commanders, sumo or scorpios). The fare is Rs200/- per person. For front you need to pay for three and for middle for four.

Have a great holiday in Darjeeling!

• ashokSPB's Profile Photo

by ashokSPB Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM

For Mr Mitra: In VT pages I found you were on way to Egypt where I also intend to go in March. Can you share some travel tips that shall come handy? Also which airlines you travelled and its service quality. I propose going solo there.
    Thanks in advance.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

by goutammitra Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Mr. Ashok, we returned yesterday from Egypt. Please watch my Egypt page, which I am going to build from today. It is going to be a vast one. Please find all the information there.
    We travelled by Oman air with stop over at Muscat on both ways, good for duty free shopping on return. The cost will be around Rs.70000 to 80000 INR plus you need to buy water. We travelled with Cox & Kings, they give value for money.

• ashokSPB's Profile Photo

by ashokSPB Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Thanks Mr Mitra. I shall be visiting your pages.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines