Darjeeling Travel Answers

change location

What's the weather like in the first half of september?

by yankini Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 8:30 PM

I know it is the end of monsoon season. But when it rains, does it rain all day? When it doesn't rain, is it hazy and we have to just look at the fog/haze? What's the temperature like (max and min)? Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • johnboywalton71's Profile Photo

Re: What's the weather like in the first half of september?

by johnboywalton71 Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 5:35 AM

I arrived in Darjeeling in early October, and was also in the Himals through September. Basically, sometimes it is rains and sometimes it doesn't. In the dregs of the monsoon (September), it is unlikely to rain all day or to be clouded over for several days in succession. Therefore, your chances of being fogged in depend on how long you are there. If for just a couple of days, you are taking your chances because if it DOES cloud up and rain, it might last your whole visit. For 4-5 days, you will definitely get some sunshine.

If you do get rainy weather, it's all fog all the time up there. Darjeeling is high enough to scrape the clouds, after all.

Either way, the view of Kachenjunga will ALWAYS be shrouded in clouds after early morning. The sun hits the glaciers and that's it.

I wrote his recently, and you might find it helpful:

associatedcontent.com/articl...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines