Darjeeling Travel Answers

change location
sash100's Profile Photo

Budget hotel in Darjeeling

by sash100 Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 3:30 PM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Darjeeling in November, 2008 and need help in finding a budget/cheap hotel. I would also like to know what buses are from Siliguri to Darjeeling. The reason for my trip is an experience from when I was 16 years old. It was my first trip to Darjeeling and I got off the bus half way from Siliguri to Darjeeling. Almost all the people got off the bus and I followed them. They walked down a path and I could see eventually that they stopped in front of a small statue and prayed. I too prayed and got all my wishes. I would now like to find that statue again and pray once more. Is there anybody who could give me some information about the location of statues along the way from Siliguri to Darjeeling?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Budget hotel in Darjeeling

by EmmJDC Online Now Dec 14, 2007 at 4:53 PM

What a wonderful idea! Best of luck.

marie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Budget hotel in Darjeeling

by bullu81 Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 10:45 PM

If you are someone who likes peach and quite along with wonderful views then going to Hill Stations in India is the best place to be. Whether it is winter or summer Hill Stations are fun in all seasons throughout the year. One common Hill Station is Darjeeling, which is situated in West Bengal. It is very popular with tourists from around the world and including people from India. Darjeeling is very popular for its tea estates and picturesque toy train.For more detail visit wwww.darjeeling-travel.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines