Dar es Salaam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotels in Dar ess Salaam

by Sushilkolhatkarindia Online Now Yesterday

Which ones are the good hotels in Dar es Salaam?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Dar es Salaam tour

by aweaverx1 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I would like a day tour with guide for 6 adults in Dar es Salaam. I would wish a pick up at the air port. We should be arriving from Zanzibar on March 9, 2014 via Precision Air scheduled to arrive t245. Would like a 5-6 hour tour of the city (open to suggestions) Would stop for dinner (cost not included) and want return to the international airport before 8:30 pm.
      If available list sites for visit and total cost.
      Thanks, Arthur Weaver

4 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • Natoshua's Profile Photo

From Washington to Dar - looking for a room Feb to July

by Natoshua Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Hi all, this is Joshua, 40-m, Italian, currently living in Washington (World Bank) but relocating to Dar next week. Looking for a clean, comfortable, furnished room/bathroom with shared kitchen/etc. Key requirement is a reliable internet connection and A/C. Flexible on all other matters (well, let's say on most other matters...). I will work in downtown Dar (Mirambo Road) so proximity to that area is a big plus. Hope to hear from you! Cheers, Joshua

6 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 3:51 AM
    • Abdub's Profile Photo

Looking for Room to Rent February - July

by Abdub Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Hello,

I will be doing an internship in Dar es Salaam starting February through July 2014.
      I need assistance finding a room, my email is ajirmo@gmail.com.
      Please email me if you have a room for rent.

Best regards,

AJ

7 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • safari to mikumi from zanzibar

by abhishekshri2003 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

i am planning a trip in jan to tanzania. we will be staying at kendwa in zanzibar. we intend planning a trip to mikumi to see some wildlife.
      we plan to leave from kendwa early in the morning ........ reach ferry terminal..... take a ferry to dar .... go to ubungo .... take a bus for mikumi.......... please help me out in finding the cheapest & reliable option for the following

1. early morning mov from kendwa to ferry terminal at zanzibar.
      2. best ferry .... rates and travelling time
      3. by what time i will be able to reach dar.
      4. means of transport and distance from dar ferry terminal to ubungo bus terminal.
      5. timing of buses & best bus service from dar to mikumi
      6. contact details & fare of bus operator.
      7. travelling time.to mikumi
      8. following this schedule by what time i am expected to reach mikumi.
      9. budget hotels near mikumi.
      8. good safari operator who can guide and drive us for game viewing.

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • Department stores in Dar es Salaam

by edraupp Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Are there any large department stores in Dar?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • richzedon's Profile Photo

I need phyical location of Key West Bar and restaurant

by richzedon Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Sorry guys i need to have relaxation at Key West Bar and restaurant,but i don't know exactly physical location where it is located though i only know that it is in Dar es Salaam,please any help(i searched on Google,nothing)

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    • rajneeshsingh's Profile Photo

Cost of living in Dar es salaam with family

by rajneeshsingh Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

What is cost of living in Dar es salaam with family, ; total three members with a kid of 8 years. Also what is the annual fee of a good school. Please give details.

• 6hr evening transit; restaurant recommendations?

by nickH4 Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hi

Next month, we are transiting back thro Dar - arrive 16:15 on domestic flight and leave 22:55 on Amsterdam flight.
      It is a Thursday.

I am guessing that Julius Nyerere Airport does not have much to occupy us or somewhere nice to eat. Can anyone tell me if we have time to go into central Dar for dinner and if possible recommend a nice place?

Thanks

Nick

1 Answer Jun 12, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    • namsun's Profile Photo

Visa for entering Tanzania

by namsun Online Now May 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Hi all,
      we are travelling to Tanzania, entering Tanzania at Dar International Airport.
      Is it recommendable to get the visa in our home country or should we get it at the airport?
      Regards namsun

8 Answers May 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    • Cheap travel from Dar es Salaam to Arusha

by timmick Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Hello, I am looking to travel from Dar es Salaam to Arusha in July, what would be the cheapest way to travel between the two?

2 Answers May 16, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • 6 hour layover

by ashleighbotha Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM

We have a lay over on a sunday from 9h30 to 15h30. there are 13 people including
      4 children. what can we do close to the airport during that time?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • DAR ES SALAAM AIRPORT

by vinodcia Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Was wondering how Big or Small Dar es Salaam Airport is. I have an Emirates flight arriving at 1515 hrs and my connecting flight to Kilimanjaro is by Precision Air which is at 1830 hrs. On the return my flight is from Zanzibar arriving at 1235 pm DAR and My connecting flight on Emirates is at 1630. How far is the Domestic terminal from the International one. Will i have enough time to clear Immigration and Customs and take my connecting flight both ways.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Need latest information

by sharadrkm Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I am an Indian and first time planning to fly abroad. I never have any experience to fly abroad. Now I am planning to go Tanzania, Dar es Salaam. initially for holiday purpose. please let me know what and how should I prepared my self for there. like vaccination, visa, ticket, and precautions. Please reply me on urgent basis.

2 Answers May 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • I look a Studio Apartment for holiday rental in DAR-Sinza

by Foxeshunters Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hello friends,
      do you know if it is possible to book a Studio Apartment with kitchen in Sinza or very near Sinza in Dar es Salaam (10 days)?
      My data: from 28 october to 06 November. I will stay there alone.
      My email: AroundAllTheWorld(AT)gmail.com
      thanks

• AnjaV1's Profile Photo

Housing Dar es Salaam

by AnjaV1 Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I'm moving to Dar in the end of August to do an internship. The plan is to stay there until the beginning of January and I'm therefore looking for either a small apartment, a room to rent. As I will work in Kivukoni, I'm searching for housing close to there, preferably in Upanga East. I am very thankful for all the advice I can get!

1 Answer Aug 14, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    • Guiding tour daily trip in Dar es Salaam

by charlesangel Online Now May 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Dear all,

I am going to Dar es Salaam from late to end June for 10 days. Initially the plan is visiting my boyfriend whom is an expat just transfered the job in Dar, but now he might not be able to take the time off with me, so I might be just staying with him, but travel daily alone.

I concern about the safety by traveling alone in Dar. Does anyone know if there is any daily local tour to take a group of people looking around the city? I search on the web but all tours are for more than one day providing hotel. I don't need to stay in a hotel as I will be staying with my bf. Just looking for a daily tour.

For example, when I was in Beijing, China, I pay couple hundreds of RMB to join a group of people at the hotel going to the great wall, it was departed in the morning and back to the hotel in late afternoon. That's sort of the tour I am looking for.

Thanks for the advise,
      Betty

4 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    • From Dar Es Salaam to Lichinga (Mozambique)

by luisalaranjo Online Now May 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Hello everybody

I'm trying to figure out what's the nicest/safest way to get from Dar es Salaam to Lichinga (North of Mozambique). I'd like to spend a week or so travelling south towards Moz, whilst enjoying the landscapes of Tanzania.
      Any tips on how to get there? How are the roads? Is it safe to drive? Or is there any bus/train?
      Also any tips on what to visit on the south of Tanzania?

Thanks in advance :)
      Luisa

1 Answer Aug 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    • Urgently seeking a room for 6 months

by ames08 Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hello,

I'm moving to Dar es Salaam at the end of April 2012 for a 6 month internship. Desperately seeking a room to rent until November 2012. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Amy

1 Answer May 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    • Looking for an apartment in Dar es Salaam

by VictoriaAnt Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Hello, please help me to find an apartment for an elderly couple from March, 23 till April, 06 with a possibility to prolongue their stay. The closer to the shore the better:)
      Thank you!

• bus

by benen Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM

hi looking for timetable for bus to lusaka ,any help would be great
      benen

1 Answer Jan 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    • Shari22's Profile Photo

Connecting for 1 night in Dar es Salaam

by Shari22 Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Hello - we are flying into Dar at 8pm and need to be back at the airport for a 10am flight the following day. Is it worth trekking into the city center for the night or should we find something closer to the airport? Any advice? Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    • looking for a room or app for rent in DAR

by Karlieni Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hello,

I am a Belgian lady of 33 looking for a private room + bathroom or an app to share with people in a quite environment for 3 months( or 6 months)
      In 1 of the following neigbourhoods in DAR-es Salaam: Mikocheni, Masaki, Msasani, Kinondoni, Upanga, Oysterbay...

MAX price 400 dollar!

Karlien (Kschouteden@hotmail.com)

3 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    • Double Tree by Hilton - What's nearby and safe for a female?

by avarnil Online Now May 17, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I'll be staying at Double Tree by Hilton for a couple of days.
      Is the area safe for a female to walk out on her own? What's around there? I know there's a slipway complex, is it near the hotel.
      Also, are there shops like mini marts where I can easily get Bottled Water and snacks around the hotel? Do they accept USD?

I'll be there for business and would most probably not venture too far. ANything within 15 mins radius. :p

Thanks!

• a few questions - transport, safety and attractions

by westybeast Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM

what is there to do for my spare day after 3 days in zanzibar ?

is it safe to walk around

what is teh latest on buses - does my bus from mombasa stop near the city centre and what is the latest on buses to lusaka , what times, how much and from what part of town ?

1 Answer Apr 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    • Housing in Dar es Salaam

by Juhanip Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Hello!

I'm coming to University of Dar es Salaam in January 11th. I need an apartment/room for 5 month.
      Please contact,
      juhani.pelkonen@gmail.com

3 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    • Required: Furnished accommodation for rent for 6 months

by paisdar Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Hi,
      I am looking for FURNISHED accommodation of two bedrooms preferably on floors above the ground floor for about six months rental starting from mid-January 2011, within a radius of around 15 kms from city centre. Apartment blocks common facilities preferred, but others can also be considered. Kindly revert with details, terms and monthly rent expected in terms of USD.

4 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    • Student from Germany looking for two months accomodation

by muensterstudent Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Dear Sir or Madam,
      please allow me to shortly introduce myself. I am a 25-year old student from Germany. Currently, I am absolving my masters degree in Muenster, North-Rhine Westfalia in Germany. I will absolve an internship at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in Dar-Es-Salaam in August and September. So right now, I am looking for accomodation for those two months. So my question is, whether you have a place to stay to rent for one person in August & September 2010. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Philippe Rieffel

Contact Me via p.rieffel@gmx.de

1 Answer Jun 22, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    • rupturedduck's Profile Photo

how to rent a car to go from Kilimanjaro to dar es salaam

by rupturedduck Online Now May 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I would like to hire a car with or without a driver to go from Kili to dar es salaam ( without return). We can spend several days on the road. any suggestions ? how to get a car , were to go, what to see.

thanks

frank

3 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

One day visit

by elpariente Online Now May 8, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Any suggestions for a short visit in DeS , on early June ?

1 Answer May 28, 2010 at 12:48 AM