Dar es Salaam Travel Answers

change location
fraggle99's Profile Photo

2 month in Dar 4. August - Beginning of October '05

by fraggle99 Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 6:43 AM

Hi! I'm in Dar for an internship from the 5th of August till beginning of October '05. Is anybody around there at that time, who is interessted in meeting up for sightseeing trips, nightlife etc. would be cool! After the internship i'm planning to do a 2-3 week trip around Tanzania or somwhere else on the continet - will see. I would also be happy if anybody can give me some intressting informations about Dar and Tanzania.
Thx,
rgds
fraggle (24,m,Switz.)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: 2 month in Dar 4. August - Beginning of October '05

by kinoclain Online Now Aug 2, 2005 at 12:49 AM

WHILE IN DAR YOU CAN CONTACT WITH THE WORLD JET IS THE BEST COMPANY RENDER TOURISM BUSINESS AND APPARTMENT AT A COMPETITIVE RATES I HAVE BEING USING THEM TO SERVE MY FRIEND WHO ARE ON SERVICE,FOR PREACHING THEY ARE CALLED JESUS FOR AFRICA AND THEY ARE REAL ENJOY,SATISFY AND BEIN HAPPY AS WELL THATS WHY I CAN RECCOMEND YOU TO CONTACT THEM THEY CAN ASSIST YOUON YOUR STAY THERE

worldjet@worldjettravel-tz.com

WELCOME TO DAR ES SALAAM – THE HEVEN OF PEACE

Raised from humble surrounding of Fishing Village just over a century ago, Dar es Salaam blossomed into one of the most beautiful seaside capitals in the world.

The People are loving and friendly and we are blessed with beautiful beaches and natural resources within Dar es Salaam

DAR ES SALAAM CITY TOUR

THE NATIONAL MUUSEUM OF TANZANIA

The tour will start from the hotel to the NATIONAL MUSEUM, of Tanzania. The outstanding attraction is the hall of man which Dr.Leakey found from the Olduvai Gorge including the scull of Nut Ackerman (zinjathropus bosei) and other human fossils are displayed.

Thereafter drive past the State House, which was built on the foundation of the old German Palace in 1922 and past the Ocean Road Hospital built by Germany government presently it is a cancer research hospital. You will be able to see the blend of African and Arabic architecture of the buildings and proceed to the fish market.

FERRY FISH MARKET
    On arrival at the Ferry fish market you will get a unique opportunity to see the fisherman and show you what fishing for a living is really all about. Many varieties of fish are found in the Indian Ocean and the market is very busy in the morning with fish auctions taking place and fish mongers buying and selling including women traders. You may test delicious assortment of fish freshly fried while watching including buying shells as souvenir. “Your first lesson on how to bargain starts here “a real adventure,

Later drive to 100 years old Azania Lutheran church and around the Askari monument and get briefing of the Germany war, and drive along Sokoine drive past St.Joseph cathedral viewing the Germany building and architecture which have been declared UN heritage

MNAZI MMOJA PARK.
    This is where Uhuru torch was erected to symbolize Freedom torch placed on the peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro on Independence in 1962. It is also where the first University in the country was established way back in 1996?

VILLAGE MUSEUM
    At the village Museum you will be able to see the whole Tanzania in 3 hours through the 18 collection of authentically constructed traditional houses of various Tanzania tribes. It display several distinct architectural styles with building material ranging from sand, grass, and poles to mud and rock, villagers demonstrate their ancient skills of carving and weaving and offer their product for sale,

Traditional lunch/dinner while entertained by traditional performance by resident artist at the village museum restaurant. On a special arrangement the food is prepared at identified traditional house and you may opt to see and learn how to prepare the food yourself.

UNIVERSITY
    After lunch we will drive to the University of Dar es salaam. Superbly laid out of amidst lawns and gardens on the Ubungo observation hill some 14km away from the city. The hills offers magnificent open view of Dar es salaam city. The main campus area is built on three low hills, well wooded with cashew trees.

CARVERS MARKET
    From University and on your way back to the Hotel You will stop at the Carvers Market for shopping spree. This is a unique centre for creating and selling Tanzania arts and craft, it represents a small but effective way of combining training with meaningful employment and development as well as buying

Back to the hotel - End of the Tour

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines