Danau Toba Travel Answers

change location
axwal's Profile Photo

Anyone been to Lake Toba recently?

by axwal Online Now Feb 26, 2005 at 9:04 PM

My husband and I are considering a trip to Lake Toba around the middle of this year. We last visited here in 1999 and stayed at Carolina's. We will probably get a mini bus from Medan. Has anyone visited Lake Toba recently? Also would like a Medan hotel recommendation.
Regards
Donna

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Anyone been to Lake Toba recently?

by buildtem Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 6:05 AM

We just came back on march 2008. We rent a car with a driver, a day is Rp550,000.00. This included patrol and driver. They pick us at Medan airport. Carolina is a good hotel with few range of price (Rp60,000.00 to Rp210,000.00).

Ferry fare from Parapat to Lake Toba is Rp7,000.00. We stayed at SAMOSIR COTTAGE 3 days 2 night. Nice view but they are not honest. The price they advertised on their web site and the price we had to pay was not the amount. They refused to refund. No TV and no hot water as they promised on their web site. Please don't stay there....

Asiarooms.com offer good rate for room over there compare to walk-in. Mini bus from Medan is crowded with passanger. Dont' stay in Medan, please stay at Berastagi, stay at Grand Mutiara or Mikie Holiday. The climate is cold over there and cheap food. Medan is too crowded and jammed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kenari's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone been to Lake Toba recently?

by kenari Online Now May 12, 2008 at 1:54 AM

i going to medan this friday 16th may,the last trip was 14 years ago,our honeymoon trip ,will update you about medan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines