Dana Point Travel Answers

change location

questions re: travel & car in dana point

by jacksgarden Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 10:26 AM

I will be attending a biz. conference later this month (jan 06). The conf. is at the St. Regis. I really don't want to stay there. But have chosen to either stay at the Marriott (cliffs) with no car. Or at the DP Marina Inn & get a car. What do you locals think? Do I really need a car to get from the Marina or Marriott to St. Regis. And what about shopping or other local places. I'll be in town from Thurs. pm & leaving early sun. am. thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: questions re: travel & car in dana point

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Both the Marina and Marriott are a drive to the St. Regis. The Marina, three story motel style hotel, sits north of the harbor area with shops and restaurants. The Laguna Cliffs Marriott is a larger resort but still close to the harbor area and the main shopping street. St. Regis sits further north and you could take a taxi from either hotel. Southern California is a drive to get where you want to go, area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: questions re: travel & car in dana point

by jacksgarden Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 9:12 AM

I'm sorry - what do you mean a drive? vs. walking I take it. I wonder if I need a car. I figured a taxi back & forth from marina to st. regis 2-3 days would get expensive. I can rent a car for 4 days for50. It cost more than that for shuttle to/from the airport. What do you think travelgourmet? thanks.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: RE: questions re: travel & car in dana point

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 12:21 PM

By all means rent a car. Walking is out because of the time and distance. It's not like being in Rome where everything is convenient on your walk. Also, if you wanted to visit Laguna Beach (great tourist town), further up the coast to Newport Beach (yacht harbor and the Fashion Island shopping center), San Juan Capistrano, etc. a vehicle is a must.

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

RE: questions re: travel & car in dana point

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 8:59 AM

You are in southern California, therefore you must have a car. It's that simple.

BTW, when in Dana Point, eat at Cannon's. The food is ok and the view is spectacular.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines