Damnoen Saduak Travel Answers

change location
manfred68's Profile Photo

visit of the floatting market

by manfred68 Online Now Jul 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM

Hi, next week I gonna move from KL to Bangkok, buy bus,I guess that's the cheapest solution. From there I intend to spend a morning in Damnoen Saduak to see the floating market, sinceI was told this was the most beautiful, right? and also,since I'll be short on time I need to be back in Bkk in the afternoon.... manageable? I welcome any advises concerning how to get there, and also if there is any other sights around.. thanks guys

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • OneNightInBangkok's Profile Photo

Re: visit of the floatting market

by OneNightInBangkok Online Now Jul 30, 2004 at 3:10 AM

Why don't you try flying Air Asia. It's relatively inexpensive and you'll reach your destination faster. That is, if you really have limited time. About the floating market, I've been there once and sad to say that I didn't enjoy it that much.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

Re: Re: visit of the floatting market

by heywinks Online Now Jul 31, 2004 at 11:02 PM

The floating market looks better in photos than in person. I was disappointed going there. It's SOOOOOO touristy & you can't view that much of the canals. They have only souvenir stands there (on & off the water). If you still intend on going, you can go to any travel agency on Khao San Rd & sign up for a tour of the floating market. If I remember correctly, it was US$4. Departure time around 7am & you get back to central BKK around 4pm.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines