Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a couple people to join us the road from Airport to Tangalle

Sri Lanka Nov 19, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Hello everybody! We're going to visit this amazing country on November, 30th. Looking for a couple people to get from Airport to Tangalle together to reduce the price for taxi. Who wants to join us, please write me. Our arrival Dec 30, 8.30 a.m.

• After Trinco

Sri Lanka Nov 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I have planned a couple of nights in Kandy followed by Harabana and I'm thinking Trinco next, has anyone got a travel route to suggest thereafter to get to the south west area for my remaining week without returning back along the A6 highway?

• From Wellawaya(or Ella) to Unawatuna ?

Sri Lanka Oct 31, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Hi I want to go to Unawatuna from Wellawaya. I know there is a bus. But I cannot find the bus time and bus station online . Is any one know the station and bus timetable? I really appreciate it !!!!

• Nature itinerary

Sri Lanka Nov 17, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi everyone please have a look at our route, we have 12 days and our interest is birdwatching and a bit of culture. Doable? We're going to hire a driver, try and see as much as we can but don't want to be driving everyday:
      SIGIRIYA (2 nights), KANDY (1 night), KITULGALA (1 night), NUWARA ELIYA (2 nights), TISSAMHARAMA (2 nights), SINHARAJA (2 nights), MIRISSA or UNAWATUNA (2 nights).

• itinerary,pinnawala,dambulla,sigiriya,polonnaruwa Kandy

Sri Lanka Nov 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I will be travelling from Negombo to Kandy and want to visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawala,caves temples at Dambulla, Sigiriya rock and polonnaruwa. How much time should I allow for this. I had thought to leave Negombo early morning,stopping off at pinnawala and then heading onto dambulla and visiting the caves in the evening.staying over in Dambulla (?) then visiting the rock on the way to Kandy. I am not sure where polonnaruwa fits into this, whether i can fit this in before setting off for Kandy from Dambullal or as a day trip from Kandy.Any help would be appreciated.I will probably use taxi for transport between the main places.
      Thanks Gill

• ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Bus Bandarawela to Matara

Bandarawela Nov 4, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Is it possible to book bus ticket in advance ? Planning trip to Srilanka during Feb . Lone traveller. Is bus journey safe ?

• bandaranayake airport to negombo beach

Negombo Nov 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM

how to get to negombo beach area from bandaranayake airport by bus

• how many steps

Mihintale Nov 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM

how long does it take to walk up the many steps to the rock? thanks from Leanne

• 6 days itinerary for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Oct 31, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Hi all!

2 of us are taking a trip to Sri Lanka in November this year for 6 days. After going through several travel blogs and reviews, I have finalised an itinerary such as this one which has a mix of nature, culture and wildlife. We do not want to stay too long at each place and would like to cover more at a reasonable pace with a rented car+driver arrangement.

Any help / inputs on this will be much appreciated! Also mainly want to decide between Knuckles and World's End (for a day hike, knowing the entry fee differs a lot).

Day 1 : Negombo - arrive at dawn and head to Pinnewala (drive 2 Hrs) - spend some time, leave for Kandy (drive 1.5 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 2: Kandy - day trips to Dambulla (drive 2.5 Hrs) Sacred Tooth Temple, Kandyan dance performance), Dambulla and Sigiriya (drive 30 mins) Rock Fortress, head to Polonnaruwa (1.5 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 3: Day in Polonnaruwa, then head to Knuckles (drive 3 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 4: Knuckles day hike, stay overnight

Day 5: Leave for Mirissa (drive 6 Hrs!!!), stay overnight

Day 6: Day trip to Galle (drive 1 Hr), move on to Colombo (drive 2 Hrs) and return to Negombo for the flight back

Instead of Knuckles, head to Nuwara Eliya

Nuwara Eliya - 2 days

- Train from Kandy to Nanu Oya and then Nanu Oya to Ella

- World’s End hike

Thanks a ton in advance for your help!

• Driver Hire

Sri Lanka Nov 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM

We are planning a 2 week trip in Feb next year and would like to hire a driver/guide. We would like to do a mix of activities i.e. some birdwatching, nature walks, and a few cultural sights. Can anyone recommend a good english-speaking driver?

• is there a dress code or anything we should not wear?

by Minoli Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Is there a dress code or are people allowed to wear shorts?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • anagarcia7's Profile Photo

Negombo to Dambulla

by anagarcia7 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi, I would like to know the best way to go from Negombo (airport) to Dambulla.

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Bus from Dambulla to Kandy at night

by vijethbenegal Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Does anybody know when does the last bus to Kandy leave from Dambulla?

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • bus from dambulla to colombo fort

by Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Is i possible to take a direct bus from Sigiriya or Dambulla to Colombo Fort station? I have tried to find a bus plan, but did not succeed. It looks as if we maybe can grab a bus passing through from Trincomalee ? If this is correct, what time, and how often do the bus stop in Dambulla and what is the driving time to Colombo approxemately ? (We are planning to travel to Bentota by train the same day). Hope someone can help with information

7 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • cookb's Profile Photo

Day trip to Dambulla

by cookb Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM

What is the best way to do a day trip to Dambulla from Colombo? I will only be in the country for two days and want to spend a full day in Colombo. Is train + bus from a nearby station a good idea? Obviously, speed is a concern although I do not mind leaving Colombo early and returning in the evening. I will be there in March, if that makes a difference. Ideas and prices are much appreciated.

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Dambulla caves visit time

by gshegde Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

How long it takes to go through all the 5 caves .is 2 hours sufficent.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • Accomodation

by chrish5177 Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Can anyboby help us with good,clean guest house in Dambulla in february, and will we need to book a/c.
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    • Travel to Dambulla & back

by SKMAL Online Now Sep 17, 2004 at 2:11 PM

A group of us are planning to visit Kandy and Dambulla. From Dambulla, is there a bus to Colombo – preferably AC Bus starting from Dambulla – as the transit buses are crowded and we cannot get seats. Alternatively, we could go to Dambulla first by AC Bus from Colombo and then from Dambulla travel to Kandy. Are there buses from Dambulla to Kandy - preferably AC Bus starting from Dambulla – as the transit buses are crowded and we cannot get seats. Any information on frequency of the above buses would be very useful.

5 Answers Sep 19, 2004 at 11:44 PM
    • Travel Time to Dambulla

by sona35 Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 9:45 PM

I wanted to know the time it takes to travel to Dambulla from the International Airport. I have a baby and cant travel too long. So how many hours? Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2004 at 5:31 AM