Dalyan Golu Travel Answers

change location
Devongirl's Profile Photo

Dalyan

by Devongirl Online Now Jul 5, 2004 at 12:57 PM

I shall be visiting Turkey for the first time this September (and can't wait to get there !) but have heard a lot of horror stories about the Dalyan mosquitos - is it best to go armed with a bag full of repellent or are the local products more effective? Also I have a husband who is keen on reptiles and is hoping to see a lot of the local lizards and snakes etc. Are there plenty to see ? We have booked a hire car and want to visit Ephesus - is it realistic to drive there and back in one day or would we be better booking a trip from a local tourist office?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Dalyan

by mehbos37 Online Now Jul 6, 2004 at 12:42 AM

Hi, I 've never heard of Dalyan mosquitos,snakes etc:) To my best knowledge DALYAN which is located in Med. Coast of Turkey is very famous with Caretta Caretta seaturtles...It has a magnificent landscape and not very touristy at all... For your Ephesus plan,all I can say is you should pay a visit to Ephesus to see one of the best preserved ancient city which used to be the 2nd largest after Rome at that time..It is 1.5 hour drive from Izmir, but if you are considering a one day trip from Dalyan I am afraid it will be a tirening one..I am not sure but it will take 4-5 hours drive from Dalyan-Marmaris area to Ephesus...I suggest you to plan a 1 night stay in Kusadasi (15 minutes from Ephesus).. Happy travels!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Devongirl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Dalyan

by Devongirl Online Now Jul 7, 2004 at 4:34 AM

Thanks for your help

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dalyan Golu