Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Old Serb tank on display in/near Zadar?

Zadar Apr 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Hello all
      I was doing a little googling recently and there were a couple of links talking about an old Serb T-55 which was left abandoned on a hill near Zadar. There were no details of it's exact location. There is a cemetery and an abandoned church in the same area. I think it has since been turned into some sort of local monument
      Does anyone know the location of this tank?
      Cheers everyone!
      DG

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Old Serb tank on display in/near Zadar?

Zadar Apr 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Hello all
      I was doing a little googling recently and there were a couple of links talking about an old Serb T-55 which was left abandoned on a hill near Zadar. There were no details of it's exact location. There is a cemetery and an abandoned church in the same area. I think it has since been turned into some sort of local monument
      Does anyone know the location of this tank?
      Cheers everyone!
      DG

8 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • Travelling from Zadar to Budapest

Zadar Feb 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Hi,
      I understand the best way (other than flying) to travel to Budapest from Zadar is by bus. I am however having some trouble finding schedules or sites where I can get info regarding timetables and prices. It is my first time travelling to Croatia and to Budapest so I appreciate if anyone can offer advice.
      Thank you! :)

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM
    • How to get from Zadar to Medugorje, Mostar?

Zadar Jan 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I am hopeing to travel to Medjugorje this April and am travelling as a single, how do I get to medjugorje quickly? As I can only find 1 bus travelling from Zadar aiport to medjugorje and that time does not suit my flight. Is there any other planes or train I can get?

5 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • First Time Visit Zadar

Zadar Sep 18, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Hi All

I am arriving into Zadar next week and will be staying in Zadar Old Town for 4 nights.

i would like to know, what excursions i could go on without a car, or do you think i should organise car hire, if so do you recommend any firms other then the big chain companies.

Looking forward to the trip, i hope the weather is nice and warm for us

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

ferry to Kali

Zadar Aug 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi
      my hotel is in Kali can I use public transport from the airport and then ferry.
      If so any idea how much the ferry is.

thanks in advance

1 Answer Aug 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    • suvanki's Profile Photo

Areas around Zadar to stay

Zadar Jul 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hi! Just booked flight to Zadar for end of September- first time in Croatia, and have had quick trawl on t'internet to try and find best place to stay.
      We're there for 1 week. I've provisionally booked an apartment in the old town for us.

Guessing that we can enjoy restaurants/ bars in squares/ churches/ museums etc, some local character, with chance to walk/ catch local bus to beaches etc.

I haven't been able to find out much about the different areas of Zadar yet, and haven't go around to ordering LP/RG /DK guide yet, so taking the easy option and hoping that fellow VTers will be able to advise!!!

Which other areas of Zadar offer restaurants/ bars/ local character?

Any areas to avoid ie ' modern characterless tourist resorts'

Looking on Booking. Com map, I see that the old town is more expensive than some areas north, on the coast, but there are small pockets that appear to have luxe hotels etc. I'm guessing these are near marinas?

Some of these areas north of old town are on bus route.
      So, just weighing up - and getting brain drain ;-)

I've checked out a few VTers Zadar pages, hopefully I've remembered to rate, but I'll be back again over the following weeks, so will be sure to do so!

Any info gratefully received ;-)

8 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    • Chiica81's Profile Photo

Travel to Nin in October. Or any other places we should go?

Nin Jul 15, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Hey there:-)
      Can anyone tell me if it will be ok to travel to Nin in the beginning of October? I see the temperature will be around 20 celsius, is that about right?
      We only need good beaches, restaurants and we love to explore the surroundings and maybe do some kayaking. Is Nin a good place? We fly in to Zadar, and we're open to any of the nearby places.

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • GrzegorzD's Profile Photo

How to come from Poland by plane?

Zadar Jul 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Hi!

I'd like to ask you how to come to Zadar by plane, but really economic? Can you help to find the airlines or destination from should I start?

7 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • DanielleO's Profile Photo

Pag Croatia September clubbing?

Pag Jul 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hi we have booked flights to Zadar September 16th and we were planning to party in Pag however we have just been told that the clubs will not be open then, does anyone know if this is the case and will the bars still be open with a party atmosphere? we don't just want to party but we definitely want to go out when we are there and not sure if we need to change our flights. Does anyone know anything about Pag at this time of year as we are struggling to find anything on it.
      Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • bus from Plitvice to Split with possible stop for one night in Zadar

Zadar Jul 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I will be going from Zagreb to Plitvice NP in the afternoon of the 19th Aug in time to do one of the 2-3 hour walking trails then have the next day to see more of the park/lakes etc. I was planning on staying that night at Plitvice too but am now thinking I should get the 17:23 bus to Zadar and spend the night there, moving on to Split the next day. Does this sound like a good idea or should I just go from Plitvice NP directly to Split. Wondering if relying on getting a seat on the bus to Zadar from Plitvice is risky and if Zadar will be fun for one night...curious to see if it is 'the best sunset in the world'!

And lastly, if I do stay one night in Zadar, should I be staying in the Old Town? I have a tentative booking at City Center One Apartments - located 200 metres from the Riva Promenade .

Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    • Moxquitos

Turanj Jun 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM

going to Turanj for 2 weeks, is it a nice place and are there a lot of mosquitos

thank u

• find information

Nin Apr 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM

IvanaP
      please help me find adresa i telefon broj,,,Sime "prcak"
      Curko, i Carlo Curko u ninu,
      I think kuce su na ista ulica,,, ja san isto sime curko, rodjen u ninu

5 Answers May 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    • nin post office

Nin Apr 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM

do you have a telephone directory for nin & privlaka to send me to america,,and nin po telefone No

2 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

Tisno

Zadar Oct 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hi a bunch of myself and my friends are partaking in garden festival in tisno next year

can any one recommend any accommodation or put me in touch with someone who does

cheers

leighton

1 Answer Oct 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Bus connections to Bihac in Bosnia and Herzgovina

Zadar Aug 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Hello everybody,

On our coming Croatia trip we would like to take a side trip to Bihac in Bosnia and Herzegovina, maybe even for a couple of days.

So are there any buses serving a route from Croatia (e.g. from Zadar) to Bihac.

Any info is much appricated. Thanks a lot for your help.

HORSCHECK

Read more: World Travel Forum

1 Answer Aug 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    • Hvar - Pag - Zadar - Split - Zagreb - Dubrovnik - Plitvice lakes

Pag Apr 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hi

Planning to travel to Hvar - Pag - Zadar - Split - Zagreb - Dubrovnik on my trip around the balkans this september with one or two friends. some people on the forums are saying nothing will be happening in a lot of these areas in september i.e. it will be dead and it wont be worth going. will there still be a nightlife/bars open in september especially in zadar, pag, hvar and split?

Also which would you recommend more? hvar or split if i had to choose between the two? is pag just for people into dance and electronic music? i sort of prefer rock music?

Also i havent heard many good things about zagreb? is it not worth visiting.?

please note that I am 22 so nightlife will be important. will be on a tight budget. but it will also be important to see some culture/history/scenery if possible. Also I will have limited time to spend so where should I spend more time?

Also any more advice you have about these areas would help.

I cant find good backpacking accommodation in a lot of these locations... it seems to be mainly hotels and guesthouses.... do they exist? recommend any?

Is bus the best way to get between these locations? will it be expensive?

Would be grateful if you could rank the 7 places in order of which I should definitely see i.e. 1 = must see

Thanks in advance for your help

2 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    • travel to Ljubljana via Rijeka

Zadar Mar 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I am arriving at 9.45 on a Wednesday morning in April and want to travel to Ljubljana by bus. Is it possible to go by bus to Rijeka and get another bus from there to Ljubljana in one day?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM
    • Last minute trip to Zadar

Zadar Sep 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Hi,
      i have just booked really cheap tickets to zadar for 3 nights in 2 weeks. I dont know much about Croatia although i have travelled alot. We are looking for any recommendations on where to stay and also and ideas on how to go abut doing a boat trip for one day or a over night trip. We love to snorkel and to swim in the ocean in nice clear water. Thanks in advance :)

8 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM
    • need advice

Zadar Sep 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM

trv to medjugorjie in oct, flying to zadar, can some1 please adv me of buses or alternative transport to medjugorjie, we are arriving in at 4pm afternoon
      thnks anna

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM
    • Accommodation 4 adults in April 2012

Zadar Sep 5, 2011 at 5:54 AM

We'll be travelling with my elderly parents and want to stay in Zadar for 4 nights. I'm wanting a good quality apartment/ hotel suite with lovely views. We need no stairs as my mother is not very mobile and may want to spend the day looking at the view instead of wandering the streets. Any ideas anyone?

• Contact

Sveti Filip i Jakov Jul 6, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Contact for Habana club and your boss. E-mail, tel. number.. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    • Bus from Rijeka and to Plitvika

Zadar Apr 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM

We plan to visit Zadar early May after visiting Rijeka.
      According to the following site, only two buses run from Rijeka,
      07:00-11:35, 13:30-17:50.
      autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/ti...
      Are there any more buses from Rijeka to Zadar?
      Should we move from Rijeka to Split and from Split to Zadar?

After visiting Zadar, we will move to Plitvika. The site above shows
      only two buses from Zadar in day time, 14:30-16:45, 15:10-17:50.
      Are there any more buses from Zadar to Plitvika?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    • zadar to novi sad

Dalmatia - Zadar Region Mar 22, 2011 at 7:08 AM

hi does anyone know the best way to get to Novi Sad, Serbia from Zadar Croatia.. by bus ... how many do i need to take, the prices, time, etc etc

3 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    • night time travel from zadar

Zadar Sep 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM

We are arriving on the ryan air flight at 20.40 and intend on travelling to Dubrovnik through the night. What time do buses leave from Zadar and can you get a bus straight to Dubrovnik?

1 Answer Sep 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Alternatives to Pag

Pag Aug 11, 2010 at 1:01 PM

We are a group of guys, aged 20-32, and we want to have some fun holidaying in Croatia. Researching the web it seems, that Pag (especially Zrce-Beach near Novalja) is considered as "party island"... At first sight Pag would fit, but there are two things, wether we do not know wether we'd really enjoy Pag: First of all, we are absolutely no techno-freaks. All of us prefer pubs with rock music instead of huge disco temples... Secondly we like sandy beaches, but as far as I realise, Zrce is a pebble beach...

So could you recommend better fitting alternatives in Croatia?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    • Any Dance clubs on the Beach open in September?

Dalmatia - Zadar Region Aug 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Hi All,
      This will be my first time in Croatia.
      I am looking for a Dance club on the Beach September 11th - 12th. Is anything open sitll open north of Zadar?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    • buses from zadar to split

Zadar Aug 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM

We arrive in Zadar on the Ryanair 20.40 flight. Is it possible to get a bus to Split that evening. We have a hotel booked in Split. What time do the buses to Split finish at and how often do they go?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    • buses from zadar to split

Zadar Aug 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM

We arrive in Zadar on the Ryanair 20.40 flight. Is it possible to get a bus to Split that evening. We have a hotel booked in Split. What time do the buses to Split finish at and how often do they go?

10 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    • boat hire

Zadar Jul 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM

is it possible to hire a small boat for 4 and sail it around the islands yourself and if so is it expensive, also can anyone recommend a nice place to eat to celebrate our anniversary

4 Answers Sep 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    • atm zadar airport

Zadar Jul 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a bank atm in zadar airport and can i get euros from it?

4 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM