Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving Pula

Croatia May 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Thinking and looking for some interesting diving places in Croatia.
      Planning to arrive there in july this year.
      Keep in mind several destinations to stay, Pula or Dubrovnik.

So need some advice to decide at list, where to go, have some fun, sun and diving in particular.
      We are Padi OWDs, and can dive nor deeper than 20 meters.

Please be welcome to advise some services providers, dive shops, round Pula,
      to have some boat diving to any awesome places, what should expect to see underwater.

I was wondering if you could tell more about diving in common and particulary, weather conditins, water temperature, dive safety in this region.

Thanks in advance

more
    • DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving Dubrovnil

Croatia May 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi,
      Thinking about visit Dubrovnic in the middle of summer, this year.
      Looking for some advices about diving round Dubrovnik arhipelago.
      I'm Padi OWD, as well as my wife.
      And we are allowed to dive only up to 20 meters.
      So what are the depths round there?
      Any advice about awesome dive sites near by?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Where can we buy a television?

Supetar May 22, 2015 at 3:17 AM

In June we are in holiday in postira on the island brac and we need to buy a television. Does anyone know, where we can buy a television on the island brac, perhaps in supetar? There was a store "robot", is the store still open?

Thanks for your answers ;-)

more
    • romeohotel's Profile Photo

Wheel chair accessible

Dubrovnik May 4, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Can you suggest a wheel chair friendly restaurant in the old town.
      We prefer local to touristy.
      Thanks

more
    • Zagreb and Dubrovnik 17 to 29 December 2015

Croatia 18 hours ago

Hi there and I hope someone lives in or has been to Croatia, Zagreb and Dubrovnik in December. (Very cold winter).

3 of us are planning to travel there from South Africa. We don’t know which part of the 12 days we will be there to spend in Zagreb and Dubrovnik respectively. Should we be in Zagreb or Dubrovnik over the Christmas days? I read somewhere they have nice markets then in Zagreb over the Christmas period.
      Should we spend the first few day in Dubrovnik and the last few days in Zagreb or the other way round?

We don’t know!! Would anyone here know perhaps?

more
    • Zagreb to Split

Croatia May 18, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi ,

We will be travelling to Croatia in month of Aug 2015.We ll be arriving in Zagreb on 6th Aug morning and go to the plitvice lakes and later in evening travel to zadar or split. but our train arrives at 8:45 in the morning and the bus to the lake is at 8 40 ,the next bus is at 10 30.
      so i was wondering if there is any other alternate transport to the lake in the morning?

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Diving permission in Croatia

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 6:54 AM

I am surfing the Web and collect any info that a tourist scuba diver may need for its trip (me, for example). And I can't be sure as for the diving permission in Croatia. Some say that it is needed anyway and it costs 100 kunas (local currency, about 12 euro), but some say that the permission is not necessary in case you dive with a dive center. But If you deside to dive with your buddy and without dive centers' services, you will have to pay 330 euros per year!

Please advice, If you dove not long ago in Croatia and know the answer.

more
    • Dubrovnik Viewpoints & Bus Question

Dubrovnik May 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Where are the best viewpoints to get to in order to see that beautiful view of Old Town from above, surrounded by water I often see in photos? Is it east of the city (Bosanka area, on drive up to cable car station, other location?) or west? Where are Boninovo Cliffs? I know there are nice views from the cable car, but I was hoping to find something that gets a view from the east, I guess. Also, is there a particular time to go to these viewpoints? Are any available by Libertas bus in late afternoon or evening? What about the Cabrio bus view - I see it stops for photos, although I'm not sure how high up that is, or whether they let you off to take pictures or just take pictures from the bus. About how much would it cost to go up to the best place by cab, stopping for about 10 minutes for pictures, and then returning to Old Town?

Also, I may try to take a Libertas bus from Gruz to Old Town. I have read, however, something that implies that the buses may be overcrowded at times and I would have to wait for one with space. I'll be visiting late September on a week day around 8:30 AM. Is it possible I will have to wait for several buses before I can get on?

Thanks.

Thanks.

more
    • Krk or Istria - which one to choose?

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Hello everyone

We are 3 girls going to Croatia this September for 8 nights and trying to make our choice between Istria or Krk island.

The main criteria for us are:

- safety (which region is better in regards of safety)
      - interesting historical places (where there are more historical places to discover)
      - nice beaches (are there any sandy beaches in Croatia)
      - campsites (are there good rated campings with wifi, electricity, shower, toilets, hot water)
      - and possibility to experience scuba diving (are there any good places to dive, is it possible to dive without prior experience, is it possible to dive in Croatia in September)

During this time we want to see and experience as much as possible as this is our first trip together in many years and we want it to be very interesting.

Transportation in the region is also important. How easy it is to get to interesting places, are there shops, supermarkets, dive centers, etc?

Thanks everybody in advance.

Val

more
    • Elanajane's Profile Photo

Travel to ljubljana

Rijeka Yesterday

We are wanting to go to the postojna caves in Slovenia. We are looking at travelling to Ljubljana and getting a tour from there. Can someone help us on the public transport and times buses or trains leave Rijeka thanks.

more
    • Elanajane's Profile Photo

Getting from Zadar to Rijeka

Zadar May 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM

We are travelling to Croatia in 4 months times and are wanting to book a tour to Krka national park. The tour returns to Zadar at 5ish. We are needing to get to Rijeka that night and the only bus I can find is 6.15. I'm a little concerned we won't get back in time to catch it. Is there any other buses/trains that will get us there.
      Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Top wrecks to dive in Istria, Croatia

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Could you please suggest must see wrecks on Istria, except well known Baron Gautsch? I want to make 4-5 dives in total and I adore wreck diving.

Thanks!

more

Popular Dalmatia - Split Region Travel Answer Locations

• Are there long queues for the Sumartin-Makarska ferry?

Otok Brac Mar 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM

We are planning a day-trip in Brac, coming with our car from Split in the morning, and then exiting the island in the afternoon with the Sumartin ferry. Will we need to come to Sumartin very early in order to catch the ferry?
      Thank you!!

3 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 2:44 AM
    • Hvar town market stalls

Hvar Feb 13, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Hi, can someone tell me if the Hvar town market stalls at night still operate in October, and also Jelsa stalls do they operate in October at night

1 Answer Feb 13, 2015 at 2:28 AM
    • A May week in Hvar

Hvar Feb 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM

I am a brand new member. We will be spending a week in Hvar and another in Korkula within furnished apartments in May. Any suggestions on:

1. what sorts of day boat trips and island trips to take with our interest in culture and nature,

2. whether we need a car or can get around via local buses,

3. what the local grocery store options are or if we should just be planning on eating out.  If we should be eatting out, what good inexpensive restaurant options are available?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

DianeVOC@gmail.com

1 Answer Feb 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    • Sucuraj to Drvenik

Hvar Jan 25, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Dear Hvar experts,
      We are planning a rental car trip on early September.
      Part of our trip would be from Split to Hvar to Dubrovnik.
      I thought that we should take the ferry from Split to Stari Grad, and take the same ferry from Stari Grad to Split.
      Then I found that there are other ferries from Sucuraj to Drvenik, which might be less crowded and less time to land and less driving time to Dubrovnik.
      Do you think this is a good idea?
      Thank you in advance.
      Brian

4 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Splitska Ura - clocktower

Split Nov 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Can someone give me more historical detail. Was it built after the San Marco clocktower in Venice c. 1490? Who built it? What was the reason or inspiration? Thanks for any help, Stefan

4 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • Levrnaka camping!

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

We are a family of 4 going Island hopping. First stop Murter then hoping to sail to Levrnaka. Apparently there is a camping site there run by the owners of the restaurant. Does anyone have any experience of this? We have been told the best boat to get there is Barbarinac?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • Travelling fro Split Airport to Murter

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM

We are landing in Split on Thursday at 1400. We are keen to get to Murter as soon as possible. Can anyone help with Bus times directions etc? Would really appreciate some up to date info from an expert!

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    • family day out

Hvar Jul 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM

We want to show the kids something other than beaches. Is there somewhere on Hvar which shows how lavender is farmed or cheese is produced? Something along those lines. A nice educational excursion is what we are looking for.

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    • I'm arriving by train in Split.

Split Jul 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Arriving by train in Split. How to do I get to Hotel Eden from train station and what is the expected cost to get to the hotel?. Thank-you

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    • Advice on trip to Trogir? Thanks!

Trogir Jul 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I am staying in an apartment in Trogir for a week in August and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on a few things?

1 - I am going with family and a friend, I don't plan to spend much time with family of an evening, was wondering how much money I would need for the week for mainly cigarettes and alcohol? I am not a huge drinker but do like to drink a fair amount whilst on holiday and smoke a lot, does anyone know rough prices of cigarettes and alcohol in Croatia?

2 - I've heard that Trogir is very boring of a night time is this correct? If so how easy would it be for me to travel to other parts of the country that are more lively and preferably close by as do not want to spend to much on travel?

3- Which options do I have if I want to travel into Split from Trogir of a night time, is it only taxis or are there other ways and how much time will I spend travelling to Split from Trogir and what will the costs roughly be of travelling?

4- I've heard that there are no beaches in Trogir or swimming pools, is this true? if so what are the closest beaches that have a good atmosphere and are sandy?

And finally I have been told that Ciovo is close by, is there any good night life in Ciovo or nice beaches?

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions!! As starting to worry that I'm going to have an awful holiday:(

6 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 7:31 AM
    • 4 month rental furnished 2 bed min required

Split Jun 29, 2014 at 7:34 AM

hi all..need a 4 month furnished 2 bed min rental in split area although i will look at other areas if needed....i am driving thro Europe and will be in Croatia in the next week or so,coastel is not important..please email on timaloy56@gmail.com

1 Answer Jun 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • rent a car split

Split Jun 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are going to spend 3 weeks in Croatia this summer, and we want to rent a car. Best if we could keep in for the whole period, if it won't be too expencive...
      Can you reccomend that we book one from home, or can we make a better deal when we arrive in Split?
      we found good price on splitcarhire.com
      did some one book from this avax company?
      thanks

1 Answer Feb 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    • From Hvar to Bisevo Blue Grotto

Hvar Jun 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Hi,
      We are going to visit Hvar and would lioke to see Blue Grotto. Does anyone know what the best way to reach Bisevo from Jelsa or other town from Hvar is?
      Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • Things not to miss in Split

Split May 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Going to Split next week for a family wedding, and we (my wife and I) want to make sure we see as much as we can besides the Old Town and the palace in the added 3 days we will be there.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • How to get to Hvar from Geneva?

Hvar May 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hi, sorry if this is inappropriate for these forums, I'm just really struggling to figure out how to do this. I'm trying to get from Geneva to Hvar on July 17th, but if it's not possible then on the 18th. I can't leave until after 12 due to class. Could anyone give me suggestions? I would be down to either fly to Split or to Dubrovnik and take a ferry from there. Just so far the flights I've found last over 24 hours and are just impractical. Also if need be I can spend a night in Split or Dubrovnik and take a ferry the next day if I can't get there in time to make the ferry on Thursday. Once again sorry to be asking something so specific as travel itinerary, but I've been searching a lot and haven't had much luck. Thanks for any and all the help!

1 Answer May 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • Looking for a flat in Split

Split May 20, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Hello everyone. I am looking to move in Split from middle June till the end of August...
      Can anyone help me to contact a landlord for a 1 bedroom flat because through agencies the flats are a bit expensive for me.
      Please for any info answer hire liridon2012@hotmail.co.uk
      Thank you

1 Answer May 21, 2014 at 12:58 AM
    • nightlife in mid june

Hvar Apr 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I want to about clubbing and parties in mid june .

does it crowded with tourist in that time?

and in general, of which nationality majority of tourist are?

Thank u

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Split, Hvar or Brac

Hvar Mar 31, 2014 at 7:51 AM

HI Planning on a trip to Croatia and we are going to travel up to Split form Dubrovnik for 3 nights but dont know whether to stay oin Split and travel over to the Islands or stay in Hvar or Brac. Can anyone advise. We wont nice beaches but things to do at night. We are then heading down to MOntenegro for 4 nights at the end of our holiday

2 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

HOW TO REACH WITH CAR AND WHERE TO STAY

Hvar Mar 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

HI! WE ARE A 2 FAMILY GROUP OF 9. WE PLAN TO GO OVERNITE TO HVAR ISALND WITH OUR 2 CARS. IS IT OK TO GO WITH THE CAR OR WITHOUT? ALSO, WHAT ARE THE FERRY TIMINGS? SECONDLY, SHOULD ONE STAY IN HVAR OR STARI GRAD? WE WISH TO ENJOY THE NIGHT LIFE!

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • travelling by day train from Split to Zagreb

Split Mar 11, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Is there a caferteria on the train and the main station in Zagreb is it in centre of the city?

4 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Travelling

Split Feb 26, 2014 at 5:34 AM

how long will it take me to drive from Dubrovnik to Split and from Split to Zader bearing in mind I only have a week is there anywhere else a must see

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • nightlife in splitt

Split Jan 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

is it busy in mid june. Looking for somewhere lively but not chavvy. we like house, trance or techno - are there clubs that cater?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • area to stay in around Split?

Split Jan 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

what area is better to stay in to access the ferries and also old town Split on foot?

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • best place to stay

Split Jan 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I'll be traveling to Split at the end of May with my 80 year old mother, my husband and two adult children. We want to be centrally located so we can walk most places. What kind of accommodations would you recommend that would be affordable for 5 and where would be best?
      Also, would you recommend flying into Zagreb, renting a car and touring the coast to Dubrovnik or might that be too much moving around if we really want to enjoy the people and country?

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • Military object near Omis?

Omis Oct 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Does anyone know correct location of the military underground object of the former army that is allegedly located near Omis? I am interested in the history of that object and is it still in use?

Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    • IolandaA's Profile Photo

Traveling with baby

Hvar Sep 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm planning to make a trip to Hvar more than likely next year between April and June (will definitely avoid July and August), has anyone traveled here with a baby? I'll be taking the baby stroller how is Hvar in terms of accessibility in public transports, as well as street pavement? Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • What to pack???

Split Aug 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I am traveling to Split and then to Dubrovnik from the beginning to mid September. What should I pack? Also what do I pack for nightlife?

2 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • how to pass time in Split airport?

Split Aug 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Hello.
      I arrive at Split airport on 7th September 2013 at 3.15pm, I have to wait till about 7pm for my group & transfer to Brac..
      So my question is what is there to do in the airport?

Is Internet available, how much & where is it?

Where is the best place to wait?
      Food/coffee shops?
      Left luggage?

Many Thanks, Gail

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    • henrymyles's Profile Photo

Staying under the radar

Split Aug 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Hi,

I haven't been on Virtual Tourist in a long long time but reckon this is the best place to ask the following. In one weeks time I am going to Split in Croatia with a group of friends. We have booked an apartment - my friend who has no accommodation has asked whether he can stay on our couch. Those of us staying in the apartment are completely fine with this but would just like to know the opinions of others on this practice. By this I mean - does the possible risk of us being caught outweigh helping out a friend, etc. If anyone has had experience of this I would be grateful, I have heard of the odd instance of hotels calling the police on people doing this.
      Any advice or tips would be great and I'll definitely take them into consideration.

Thank you in advance,

Henry

7 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    • Boat Rental

Hvar Aug 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I will be in Hvar Town from September 12-13, 2013 with my girl friend. It has been recommended to us that we rent a small boat and tour around the Pakleni Islands. Does anyone know how much it would cost for the day to rent a small motorized boat? Also what Islands should we go to when we get the boat? We are 28 years old and would like to go to some Islands that have nice beaches with some lively outdoor bars.

Thank you,