change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Splitska Ura - clocktower

Split Nov 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Can someone give me more historical detail. Was it built after the San Marco clocktower in Venice c. 1490? Who built it? What was the reason or inspiration? Thanks for any help, Stefan

more
    • AnnieR4's Profile Photo

Coastal sailing

Croatia Dec 10, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I have heard there are some coastal cruises from Split and possibly other ports. Can anyone recommend which ones are good for an older couple? Looking for something safe and reliable, with a reputable company. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on one of these tours. Thanks!

more

Popular Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region Travel Answer Locations

• Dubrovnik,Croatia

Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region Oct 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM

How many kuna are there to the pound

3 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Transfer from the airport

Dubrovnik Sep 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hello VTers, I am travelling soon to the Balkans and I arrive in Dubrovnik at about 10.20am. Can you please advise me about a bus or train transfer from the airport to the city.
      Many thanks/Hvala

2 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • guitars for sale or to rent

Orebic Sep 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Hallo.With my friend we are looking to buy or to rent two classic guitars.We spend our hollidays in Orebic.Who knows where is the nearest music shop near Orebic,or is there anybody in this location ,who want to sell or to rent guitars?

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • zozzo's Profile Photo

From Dubrovnik to Montenegro and Albania

Dubrovnik Aug 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Greetings,

Tomorrow, 31.08. we're arriving to Dubrovnik airport @ 13:10 and would like to share a ride from there towards Montenegro, Ulcinj preferably, but anywhere down south is also fine. Our destination is Vlore in Albania, with stops at Skhoder and Tirana. It's two of us, me (Croatian) and my Finnish girlfriend. Also, we're going back from Vlore next Sunday 07.09. to Dubrovnik (airport). So, if anyone is going down that route, wants some good company and maybe share a ride feel free to contact me here in inbox or @ zozzo13@gmail.com.

Cheers

Božo

1 Answer Aug 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • Places to Stay

Cavtat Aug 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hi what part of Cavtat is best to stay in? the old town? the other parts? also what do meals cost (roughly) & beers etc.

Thanks for any help
      Gordon

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Sailing trip to Korcula

Dubrovnik Aug 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Hey folks

Me and my girlfriend are planning to take a private sailing trip from Dubrovnik to Korcula tomorrow (Saturday 30th) or Sunday, taking in some islands along the way.

We're looking for some people to join us on the trip, any ages fine. We're both 30ish, from Australia.

The boat is 450 euros per day/night, but I think we can negotiate this down. Looking to spend two days (one night) on board most likely.

Respond here if you're interested, or PM me.

Cheers!
      Steve

• Good beaches around Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Aug 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Hi, I will have two entire days at Dubrovnik.
      The first day, I am planning to do the basic touristic stuff: city walls, lots of walking, cable car etc.
      But, on the second day, I would like to visit good beaches around the city. I saw some post about Lokrum, Mljet, Lapad, Elafiti etc. I don't mind taking a boat as long it takes me to a beautiful beach...
      Any advices?
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Transportation

Dubrovnik Aug 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM

We will arrive to Dubrovnik airport then we have a reservation at an hotel called Lafodia... The transfer via the hotel is very expensive... Any idea about the best cheapest way to go from the airport to Lafodia hotel ??

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

good seafood restraunrant in dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Aug 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Is there a restaurant you can reccomend for a good seafood sdinner that would not be too expensive? We are staying at the Lacroma hotel , down closer to the water. thanks maggiefoss

3 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • nightlife in mlini

Mlini Aug 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Is there any nightlife in mlini? if not, which close by town would be best to visit

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Ferry to Mljet from Cavtat

Cavtat Aug 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Hello there. is there any ferry to get to Mljet from Cavtat? if yes, what is the schedule/price? thanks

2 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Cavtat to lopud

Cavtat Aug 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM

We travel from Cavtat to Lopud (Monday August 11, 2014). If we get boat to Old Town in Dubrovnik how do we get to the ferry terminal to catch ferry to Lopud. Is there a direct bus from Lopud to Dubrovnik ferry terminal?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    • can i get a taxi in ploce

Ploce Jul 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM

can i get a taxi in ploce

1 Answer Jul 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • Accommodation right next to sea?

Dubrovnik Jul 10, 2014 at 7:52 AM

We'd like to spend a week of our 3 weeks in Croatia in a place right next to the sea where we can hear the waves outside. It doesn't matter what sort of accommodation it is as long as it's quiet and of course clean. Would anybody have a recommendation for a place in, or very near to, Dubrovnik which would fulfil this requirement?

Thanks a million.

4 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • Croatia - Hvar Town to Vela Luka with Bikes

Korcula Jul 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Hi,

We will be doing a cycle trip of Croatia's Dalmation Island in September.  Does anyone know if it is possible to go direct from Hvar town to Vela Luka with bikes? We will be travelling in early September and everything we have read indicates that the catamarans won't take bikes.

If anyone can shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • Sim card for laptop dongle

Cavtat Jul 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Is there a good phone or computer shop in Cavtat where I can buy a sim card for my laptop USB dongle?

• normanabailey@gmail.com

Dubrovnik Jun 20, 2014 at 6:51 AM

There is a Byzantine crown in Dubrovnik. Where is it located and can you send me a picture? Thank you.

1 Answer Jun 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Dubrovnik in July

Dubrovnik Jun 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Hi, I have enjoyed reading the travel pages and see that we are warned about huge crowds, especially from the cruise ships.
      I wondered if there was any way to get advance warning of these? Or, are there some days that are less crowded than others because of cruise itineraries etc?
      Also, I note that there are many island ferries - or organised trips available.
      I would like to do Dubrovnik - Lokrum - Cavtat - Dubrovnik one day. Is that feasible?
      Any tips or trick from recent visitors would be most welcome!
      We go out on 15th July.

5 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • dubrovnick airport

Cavtat Jun 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I am travelling to cavtat from Dubrovnick airport next Saturday can anyone tell me if there is any public transport from airport please

3 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Half-day bus trips from Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik May 26, 2014 at 1:53 AM

We're off to Dubrovnik for a week in July and prefer not to drive when on holiday. I know some of the major towns and popular destinations are quite a distance from Dubrovnik so was wondering if anyone had suggestions for picturesque, interesting places to visit by bus within an hour or so distance?
      I would love to see some more of the country but don't want to spend a lot of my week doing the actual travelling to and fro.

15 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:40 AM
    • Hotel in Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik May 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Anyone has info on cheap hotel apartement in Dubrovnik .

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Airplane noise in Cavtat

Cavtat May 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I have booked a holiday in August to stay in Cavtat, It looks wonderful but I am worried about the noise of planes as the airport is so close. What is it really like, please be honest

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • Cigarettes

Cavtat May 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Hi, Can I buy Benson & Hedges Gold cigarettes in Cavtat,Please?

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Taxi or Shuttle

Cavtat Apr 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM

What is the cost of a taxi or shuttle bus from Dubrovnik Airport to Cavat ? Is it best to pre-book or just wait until you get there ?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Cavtat to Kotor

Cavtat Apr 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Are there any organised excursions from Cavtat to Kotor either by land or sea that we could do in early June?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • Dubrovnik rental

Dubrovnik Apr 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Arr Dubrov Oct 16. Really dislike cruise ships

Should we rent an apartment outside of old town?

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • may in mljet

Mljet National Park Apr 1, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi im staying in mljet for 4 nights from 10th may and the plan was to do a day trip from mljet to dubrovnik and back is this possible? Do ferrys run this time of year thete and back or what sort of costs are taxis? Also is it likely enough to be warm enough to swim ? Any further info appreciated as the trip is to celebrate a birthday so want it to run smoothly .

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • money needed for a weekend with the wife

Dubrovnik Feb 20, 2014 at 5:57 AM

How much englsih money will i need to change up for a weekend in dubrovnik we are planning on the normal, eating and drinking out and a little shopping. i was thinking £600 for the 3 days?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • Which currency should I bring?

Cavtat Feb 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hi, I was in cavtat 2 years ago but I can't remember if I used Kunas or Euros, is There a preferred currency?

Thanks
      Mark

12 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Roman Catholic churches

Dubrovnik Feb 16, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Are there any paintings by renaisance masters?