Dallas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Proposal Idea

Waco Dec 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I'm looking for an outside area that is safe during sunset in Waco to proposal to my girlfriend, any ideas?

more
    • Needing name of a store in Gruene

Gruene Dec 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hoping someone can help me with the name of a store located on Gruene Road. It is one of the last stores, if not the last, on the right if you are going towards New Braunsfel, the same side as Gruene Hall. It has very eclectic metal art, signs, etc.; and I recall a wall of very inexpensive jewelry.
      Thank you!

more
    • Emorei_19's Profile Photo

Decent areas in Houston to Live

Houston Nov 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hey,
      I am from Detroit MI, and I just moved to Conroe, TX with family. I plan to relocate to Houston but I am unaware of what are good sides of Houston to stay on. I am 19 i work 2 jobs and college part time. I want something nice and cheap but not in a bad area. Please help !!

more
    • Dallas Neighborhood: Is Park Row a decent place to live?

by mochibear Online Now Oct 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hello, I am in need of some well thought out answers!

A little back story...
      I am moving from Los Angeles to Dallas with my fiancé. We're aware that the upscale neighborhoods more central to Dallas are University Park and Highland Park, but unfortunately the homes there are out of our budget. We've explored surrounding suburbs, but we live in a very central location now so I'm used to city living. I also really loathe driving longer than 20 minutes :)
      I need to know if it is TRULY the case that anything south of the city center is unsafe. I get the impression that some of these opinions have to do with race, and possibly the fact that some may have a different mentality of what makes them feel unsafe or uncomfortable. The way some speak about this place reminds me of how people here in LA talk about Compton, which really is known by ALL as a scary place that I would never under any circumstances visit. Is this area of Dallas really as bad as they make it sound?

I currently live in the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park area of LA. There's a combination of apartments, multi-million dollar homes, and shopping. Here, if you go a few blocks east or south and it can get less desirable. Even still, in this sought after neighborhood, I see just as many homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches or collecting recyclables in their carts. One of the residents in the apartment complex we currently live in is suspected of dealing drugs. Plenty of other undesirable things happen here that come with living in a central part of town. This doesn't make me feel unsafe...it is just a part of city life.

We have our eyes locked on a lovely historical house, in the South Blvd/Park Row neighborhood just East of the 45 and South of the 30 Freeway. I believe It's near the Forest Theater. Every home in this neighborhood looks well kept with nicely manicured lawns and landscaping. It shows the neighborhood crime rate as low on Trulia, but with a higher crime rate in the surrounding areas. Is it considered up and coming?

We will most likely be doing our shopping in Highland/University Park because that's where the Trader Joe's is and is of course, the nicer part of town. But I wouldn't mind living in a cheaper area that is up and coming, if that is the case. Also, does anyone know about the resale value of these homes?

Any and all information will help. Please give answers based on facts and not race please! I've read some unfriendly posts regarding race in certain areas and that's just not how I base my opinions of safe/unsafe neighborhoods.

Thanks, everyone! :)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • nightlife Wednesday night

by CrystalH6 Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Two single females 30 ish in age are looking for a decent priced hotel (100ish) with a fun night life near by. Walking if possible. Any suggestions it's for tomorrow night?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

What part of Dallas is best for me to stay

by iam1wthee Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I want to go to the Potters House at 6777 West Kiest Boulevard
      Dallas, Texas 75236, and the Dallas REIA which is at 5290 belt line road. Do tours pick up at these locations?
      Is there bus and train in these areas? I hate driving.

• Oak Cliff area

by monte1195 Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM

is Oak Cliff as bad as I hear?

5 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    • dallas shopping

by kbmom Online Now Aug 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM

where are the best places to shop in dallas without being expensive.looking for budget friendly in jewelry, clothing,etc. coming from okla. first time in dallas .love sterling silver jewelry.

• Heading toDallas next April, where should I stay???

by jmenard111 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I am heading to Dallas in April for a girls weekend. We will be attending the ACM's 50th Anniversary Show at the Cowboy's Stadium. We are wondering where the best place to stay is? We are all in our mid/late 20's. Looking for an area close to some good night life and safe enough to walk around. We have our own vehicle so transportation to and from the stadium is not an issue for us. Should we stay right in Arlington near the stadium or closer to downtown Dallas? Thanks for any help!!!

2 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    • safe in downtown

by Vanessa_Maria Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Hello there!we are going to Dallas this October for a couple of nights and it's our first time there so we were wondering if it's safe to stay in downtown? And what are the best places to visit? What would you recommend? thanks a lot in advance ;)

9 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    • museum of television

by ingridiest Online Now May 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Hi,
      Is there a museum that showcases Tv's and radios? if not in Dallas, in the vicinity.

Thank you,
      Ingrid.

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • DART Orange Line expansion to DFW Airport

by Jericho-79 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Hey Metroplex residents. Two years ago I relocated from Fort Worth to New Jersey. The last time I was in the Dallas area, I couldn't get anywhere without a car. And while living in Fort Worth, I never discovered the DART light rail.

This October I'm traveling back to Dallas for an event at the American Airlines Center. I know for a fact that the DART light rail can take you right to the arena. Also, I found out that the DART Orange Line will be extended all the way to DFW Airport come August.

Currently, I plan to fly into DFW Airport and stay at the Hyatt Regency on airport property. I could then ride the DART Orange Line from DFW Airport to the American Airlines Center, and from the arena back to the airport.

Since I do not wish to rent a car, I figure that taking advantage of the DART Orange Line would be my best option.

Could I rely on the DART Orange Line to get me from DFW Airport to the American Airlines Center, and vice versa?

Will I still need a rental car even with this upcoming extension of the DART Orange Line to DFW Airport?

11 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Tours to Billy Bob's Rodeo Plaza, Ft. Worth from Downtown Dallas

by carlos501b Online Now May 6, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Does anybody know of any tours going in the evening from Downtown Dallas to Billy Bob's Rodeo Plaza, Ft. Worth & returning at night ?

Alternatively, what would be the cab fare from Fairmont Dallas to Billy Bob's Rodeo Plaza in Ft. Worth ?

Thanks for any help offered.

7 Answers May 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    • Where to stay?

by bost0067 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My two brothers, my father and I will be visiting the Dallas area this coming June for a long weekend. We will be catching a few baseball games and are wondering what is the best location to stay for tourist attractions. We will have a car to get to the ballpark so we are more concerned with staying in a good location in terms of tourist attractions, good atmosphere, and getting the best overall feel for Texas. After doing some research I'm kind of confused if I should be looking just right in downtown Dallas, or if something like Market Place or West End is better? Thanks for the help!

1 Answer Mar 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    • What public transportation is there between Sherman + Dallas?

by mrss1 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM

What bus, train, etc. would I take to get from Sherman to Dallas? I will be teaching at Austin College (Sherman) this summer + would like to take advantage of some quick site seeing in Dallas on weekends. Thanks for your response(s).

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    • jennwerner's Profile Photo

Things to do with an almost 2 year old late April

by jennwerner Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 6:05 AM

I will be in Dallas the last week of April with my almost 2 year old daughter. She has her 1 year follow up with her surgeon from her cranial vault reconstruction. The appointment is on a Monday and we will fly in on Saturday morning. We are looking for something fun for a 2 year old to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? We live in a city that has one of the best zoo's in the country so maybe something besides a zoo.  We stay in North Dallas near Medical City hospital.  If that helps any.... Thanks,
      Jenn

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • Rent a car

by Depade Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I am traveling to Dallas, TX for a weekend should I rent a car?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • mason49's Profile Photo

Traffic on 121 into DFW

by mason49 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I live east of dallas and fly out of DFW every week. I have a 126 mile drive from my driveway to express parking. I usually leave my house @ 5:00 am and have no problem catching a 10:00 flight. I am thinking about an 8:00 flight which would mean getting to the airport by 7:00 am. I drive thru Greenville down 121 thru mickinney on to the airport with only a little traffic. So NOW MY QUESTION... What time does the traffic usually begin to back up on 121 on monday morning?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

Botanical Garden Hotel

by MSLIV Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM

A group of girlfriends (mature) are planning on a weekend to visit the Arboretum, we would like a nice hotel close by.
      Any suggestions please ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 7:04 PM
    • Friendly and green neighbourhoods in good travel distance to the UT Hospital

by williwonka Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Can you recommend a good neighbourhood or area. Safe, good schools, not too much traffic. I do like water, so a lake would be nice.
      You can tell me your favourite area, also the one where I should stay away.

Thanks!

9 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • bike across dallas

by knutmonkey Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Is Dallas a bike friendly city? If yes, where is a good (and cheap) place to rent bikes?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    • An overnight stay in Dallas for Dinner - Struggling with location - Help Please ???

by louisjb Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I have purposully got a 1 night layover arriving in DFW Monday 28th October @ 1655 and travelling onwards from DFW the following afternoon @ 13:30.. My plan was to stay In Dallas for the night and go out for a nice meal (the trip is for my Mum's 50th birthday) , I have got a great rate staying at the Omni Dallas however from what i can see everything is so far apart and there are so many districts , could someone possible recommend a disitrict or area I could stay or just commute form the Omni to - it woudl be nice to maybe have any area we could take a little walk around and then have dinner ? Then again a friend suggested Forth Worth - and maybe try and get a more old world Texan area like Stockyards etc , I am really not sure what to do ... Can anyone help or give me there honest opinions. I would be most grateful .. Thanks

2 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • Bus to Walmart

by losham Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I will be staying in a hotel on Main Street (between Harwood & St Paul) and wanted to find what # bus goes to Walmart.
      Thanks for any info you could give me.

Losham

8 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    • Best seats for first time kids?

by willhi895 Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Any tips on what seats are best for kids and family attending a first time drag race?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • weather during autumn and winter

by Leeena Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hello. I am going to Dallas from Hungary and I don't know what is the weather during autumn and winter. Should I bring a lot of warm clothes and boots? Because in my country we have a really cold winter with minus temperature. And during autumn is the weather still hotter?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • Sterling

by jcbarr Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 5:23 AM

What did the Sterling Hotel used to be called?

4 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    • D.A.R.T. Transportation

by billkindsfather Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM

How do I get from Arlington, Texas to American Airlines Center

3 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    • Wed Thu Fri Night in Dallas

by ABrew Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hi there..I'm arriving in Dallas on the 16th from New Zealand staying in Addison and was wondering where I should go and what I should do for 3-4 days so I can leave with a real appreciation for the city! Are there any special events on or must do's for a 30 something guy..Thanks

12 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    • ptrim's Profile Photo

Greyhound Express vs Megabus

by ptrim Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Dallas soon for a convention, and then want to travel to Austin from Dallas.

I have been reading about both Megabus and Greyhound Express, but haven't found a comparison. I think I have to pay for another ticket if I travel on Megabus with two bags.

Any insights you can contribute would be most welcome.

Thanks,
      Patti

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Less than one and a half hour between flights, is that enough?

by christine.j Online Now Oct 21, 2012 at 3:07 AM

This week we're going to book our flights for next year's visit in California and one connection looks very good. It's a British Airways/American Airlines flight with a change of planes in Dallas. But there are only 85 minutes to do this. The flights will be on one ticket, but with customs being done in the first port of entry in the USA, we'll have to go through passport control, get our luggage, go through customs and check in again for the connecting flight. Do you think this can be done in just 85 minutes if our incoming flight is on time?
      It looks very tight to me.

23 Answers Oct 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    • Dean&Vanessa's Profile Photo

Parking in Dallas Downtown

by Dean&Vanessa Online Now Sep 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Hi

We will be in Dallas/Fort Worth for a few days and were trying to find places we could park our hire car in the city centre so we could spend the day looking around, somewhere near the JFK memorial-pioneer plaza-reunion tower(if its open) etc seems like the area we would like to park. Would be on a weekend so what rates would we be looking at to park for a day?

Thanks

Dean

5 Answers Nov 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    • One Day in Dallas

by Nifti Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Hi we have one full day and overnight in Dallas in early March 2013 before flying to Nashville, would love some tips on where to stay and what to see. We won't have a car so will need to use a taxi or public transport to get around, not sure yet whether to stay out close to the airport or come into the city. We would have to take in the JFK site and Book Depository but there must be more - also don't mind a bit of shopping!!
      Any advice on where to stay would be great too - Thx

4 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    • Relocating to Dallas

by veraweal Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Hi, I have decided to relocate to Dallas from Atlanta GA. Unfortunately, the job market in Atlanta has been very slow and I have been only able to find work through temp agencies. I have saved some money and have decided to move to dallas to look for work. I have 15 years of customer service experience in banking and insurance. Do you have any suggestions on the first steps I should take in my job search in Dallas and do you know of any extended stay hotels on DART in which I can check into until I find an apartment? I would appreciate any suggestions or help in my new beginning..Thank you

5 Answers Nov 6, 2011 at 2:40 PM