I will be going to the cowboys game early
december and would like to know about bus service
from dallas ft worth to cowboys stadium in arlington

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Bus service To cowboys stadium

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Ah, Giovanni, you will now learn a dirty little secret about Arlington, Texas...it is the largest city in the United States with NO public transportation! Rather amazing, isn't it, when you consider that not only are the Dallas Cowboys there but also the Texas Rangers baseball team, Six Flags Over Texas amusement park, and a water park, all within sight of each other.

DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) used to have buses from Dallas to the stadium in Irving, but they suspended that some time ago...see dart.org/travelagent/darttra...

From downtown Ft. Worth, the "T" (Ft. Worth public transit agency) still provides buses to Cowboy home games, see the-t.com/BusService/Special...

There may be some private buses organized by particular groups...

Were you going to be someplace in particular in the DFW area?

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fuente's Profile Photo

by Fuente Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Thankyou for your help I want to go to Dallas to see a cowboys
    play becacause I have been a Fan since 1975.Can you recomend what
    to see and do in Dallas? Thanks again

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM

There's a lot to see and do in the greater Dallas-Ft. Worth area, but I don't know what it is that you like to do...

First, in our part of the country, it is the Convention and Visitors Bureau that hosts tourist information...so go to the Dallas CVB website (http://www.visitdallas.com/), and you can start to get an idea of things to see and do.

1. Art? We have the Arts District in downtown Dallas, on the north east side (sort of), around the Catholic Cathedral.
    2. History? We have the 6th Floor Museum dedicated to the life and times of President John F. Kennedy, who was assassinated here in Dallas in 1963.
    3. Nature? We have downtown the Dallas World Aquarium as well as the Dallas Zoo a short train ride south of downtown.
    4. Shopping? Neiman Marcus among other stores keep Dallas as a primo shopping location for the Southwest (and plenty of well-to-do Mexicans have flown up to Dallas to shop for a generation).
    5. Music? Plenty of funky music places around town, especially Deep Ellum, just east of downtown.
    6. Eating and drinking? I have heard that Dallas has the most number of restaurants per capita of any large city in the US, and it could well be true...

And, of course, we're not even counting Ft. Worth, which has a better museum district than Dallas (really, especially if you're into Western art), as well as the Ft. Worth Stockyards and the Bureau of Engraving...yeah, it's the largest facility in the US where they print money...we estimated that there was60 billion in currency on the shop floor when we visited there a couple of years ago (!!!).

So, what are you interested in?

Bill

• Fuente's Profile Photo

by Fuente Online Now Sep 30, 2011 at 7:31 AM

I enjoy history so the Kennedy monument is a must.I love mexican food
    thats a must too.I also want to buy a cowboy Hat western that is

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 30, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Well, look at this:
    1. The 6th Floor Museum - http://www.jfk.org/
    Not only is this really a decent lookback at the era of the Kennedys (i.e., it's more than just the assassination), but the Museum is on the 6th floor of the "School Book Depository" building from which Kennedy was shot (the building now has another name). Therefore, after touring the Museum, you can also go out into Dealy Plaza (through which the president's motorcade was traveling) and see the area made famous by decades of films and still photos: Elm Street, the triple underpass, the grassy knoll. I see that the Museum now offers some sort of "cell phone tour" for when you're out in the plaza, and, of course, you can talk to all the conspiracy theorists who peddle their publications out on the street.
    This Museum is on the edge of the West End in downtown Dallas.

2. Tex-Mex is the actual name for Mexican cooking in Texas. That's because "Tex-Mex" is a simpler cuisine based on the diets of Northern Mexican peasants and cowboys who relocated to Texas, as opposed to true Mexican cuisine that also has a huge amount of seafood in it (two long coasts, of course).
    The first "Tex-Mex" restaurant may have been El Fenix, as I noted above, or at least the Dallas Morning News believes that it coined the term for El Fenix some 80 years ago. The current location (across the street from the original) is just on the north side of Woodall Rogers Freeway, which is the northern boundary of downtown (so not a real far walk from the West End).
    Yes, I think I said "El Chico" above, but for the first time in my life (hahaha) I was wrong... ;-)
    See http://www.elfenix.com/
    and look for the location at 1601 McKinney, which is right about where McKinney deadends into Woodall Rogers.
    Of course, there are 45,000 other Tex-Mex places in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, and the crummier they look, the more "authentic" they are ;-)
    NOTE: if you want real Mexican cuisine, go to "Calle Doce", which is on 12th Street as the name implies (3 or so miles south of downtown). This extremely popular restaurant mimics restaurants on the seacoast of Mexico and has a wide variety of seafood dishes, including their excellent Sopa de Pescado (cod fish soup) and Pulpo en Salsa de Tomate, which really is octopus sautéed in garlic, tomato & oregano and served with rice (I like this one a lot). There are two locations in Dallas, but the Oak Cliff one is probably closer to downtown (and it's the original location - it's been there at least since I lived down the street from it in the 1980s).
    See http://www.lacalledoce-dallas.com/

3. As for cowboy hats, for all that I was been born in Texas, I have never had cowboy boots or a hat. Weird, huh? Well, I was born in Beaumont, where we do drill for oil, but we grow rice and eat seafood...
    However, you can search for "Dallas western wear" in your favorite search engine, and you will get many hits. I see that one is called "Wild Bill's Western Wear" (no relation to me ;-) ), and it is at 311 N. Market Street, which means that it is right in the West End area also.
    See http://www.wildbillswestern.com/

So far, this is all arguing for staying in the West End area of downtown Dallas, where not only are these places close (often on foot), but you are on the light rail line that runs through the greater Dallas area (see www.DART.org), so you can go other places like up to the Arts District, over to Fair Park (where all the other museums in Dallas are:
    Museum of the American Railroad
    Museum of Nature & Science/TI Founders IMAX® Theater
    The Hall of State
    Texas Museum of Automotive History
    The Women's Museum
    South Dallas Cultural Center
    African-American Museum
    Texas Discovery Gardens
    Children's Aquarium at Fair Park)
    NOTE: The Texas Hall of State has been used in movies since 1936 - not much on exhibits but an amazing building to walk around in...also note that Fair Park is the largest collection of Art Deco buildings in the world, mostly built for the Texas Centennial (100th anniversary of Texas as a republic).
    See fairpark.org/index.php?optio...

You can also take the T (a train) from Dallas Union Station (just south of Dealey Plaza) over to Ft. Worth...in fact, you can do almost anything you want...except catch a bus to the Cowboys game :-(

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines