Dallas Travel Answers

change location
ptrim's Profile Photo

Greyhound Express vs Megabus

by ptrim Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hello,
I will be in Dallas soon for a convention, and then want to travel to Austin from Dallas.

I have been reading about both Megabus and Greyhound Express, but haven't found a comparison. I think I have to pay for another ticket if I travel on Megabus with two bags.

Any insights you can contribute would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Patti

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

Re: Greyhound Express vs Megabus

by PR-7 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

If it were me I would probably take the train over either of those, though it only runs once a day so maybe not if the timing didn't work out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• ptrim's Profile Photo

by ptrim Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Hi! Thanks for the quick replies.

The train isn't going to be practical, because it takes double the time. So I'll probably vote Greyhound after reading the pros and cons of each.

Happy travels!
    Patti

1 member found this helpful

• TXgal's Profile Photo

by TXgal Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Hi Patti - They both have good service/clean buses from my experience. You do have to purchase an additional ticket for the 2nd piece of luggage on Megabus but depending on the day and time of travel, purchasing an additional ticket may be less expensive than Greyhound (or Greyhound may be less with the $15 fee for the 2nd bag, they have many different ticket prices). Also, if bus stop locations/public transportation in town is a concern you should to check that as well. The Greyhound bus stop in Austin is a little north of downtown but in walking distance to the train stop that will take you downtown. The Megabus stop is a block from the SW corner of the UT campus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines