Dalkey Travel Answers

change location

Dalkey Hotels

by Julieanne48 Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 3:08 AM

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is a hotel that overlooks Dalkey Harbour. My husband (now nearly 60) visited Dalkey as a lad and recalls such a hotel. It is our 25th Wedding Anniversary in June and we want to stay in/very near to Dalkey. A hotel right near the harbour would be fantastic, but as an alternative we are looking at staying at Fitzwilliam Castle Hotel - views/advice would be welcome.

If anyone can help with my questions, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Julie

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • alan1972's Profile Photo

Re: Dalkey Hotels

by alan1972 Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 2:33 PM

There are a couple of small harbours in Dalkey - I would guess your husband is thinking of Bulloch Harbour but there is also Coliemore Harbour. In any case, I don't think there is a hotel overlooking either.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: Dalkey Hotels

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Julie, You're husband is right he probably stayed in the Dalkey Island Hotel overlooking Coliemore Harbour. Unfortunately the hotel is no longer there as the site was sold and an apartment block was built on it some time ago. The other hotel you're considering is Fitzpatrick's Castle (not Fitzwilliam)and is the nearest to Dalkey that I know of so would be a good base for you. Dalkey is a lovely village, there is a heritage centre in the Castle in the centre of the village where you will get al the information you need during your stay.
    All the best,
    anne Marie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines