Dalian

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• long distance bus from Beijing to Luoyang

Luoyang 3 hours ago

Does anyone know the bus schedule, length of trip and possibly the cost of a ticket from Beijing-Luoyang via long distance bus. Thank you

more
    • 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • buying online

Guangzhou 22 hours ago

Hi

I would like to buy stuff on line in Guangzhou. which site can I use?

more
    • HossamM's Profile Photo

How can I reach Zigong from Suzhou?

Zigong Mar 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am travelling to Suzhou next week. I will be staying in Shilla Hotel Jinji Lake. And I want to visit Zigong Dinosaur museum during Sunday. How can I reach Zigong Dinosaur Museum from Suzhou? I couldn't find a direct train from Suzhou to Zigong. How can I reach Zigong through train or internal flight? I know the road is very long between Suzhou & Zigong, that's why I excluded automobile or bus transportation.

more
    • Nanning transport

Nanning Mar 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What's the coach fare from Nanning to Bama longevity village and travelling time as well as what frequency ? Thanks on advance for a response.

more
    • Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

more
    • Hiking from jinshanlin to Simitai without a guide?

China Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

I'm visiting Beijing this summer, and I really want to hike on the great wall from Jinshanlin to Simitai.Unfortunately, the organized trips are quite expensive.
      So my question to you is whether it is possible to hike this part of the great wall on your own. Or are there chances I might get lost or might not be able to fix transport?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Pieter

more
    • Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

Suzhou Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

more
    • What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

more
    • Pet's Accessories

Guangzhou Apr 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Where can I shop for retail pet's accessories in Guangzhou?

more
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

Hangzhou Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

more
    • Zhuhai - Qing Yuan

Qingyuan Apr 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

From which bus station in Zhuhai do I get a bus to Qing Yuan?

more
    • Life in Ningbo for an expat

Ningbo Mar 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello,
      I have taught in China and Thailand but never Ningbo. How does it rate as far as a good place to live and teach for one from the USA that enjoys life and friends. How is the food and what about the level of pollution? What is the best and worst of Ningbo?
      Thanks, Wade

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

Taishan Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Great Wall of China Badaling Section

China Apr 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi all! I'm going to China and part of the tour takes me to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. I only have 2 hours there :( and wondering what my best options are for getting some good photos and seeing the best part of the wall (from there obviously)...should I go north or south or ???? Am I best to take off and see how far I can get in almost an hour then wander back or ???? I'll arrive there at 5 pm - hoping it's not dark by then in mid May too. Any suggestions welcome. :)

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

more
    • Backpacking in China

China Mar 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I would like to travel to China backpacking. We are both British. I understand that we need an invitation. How can we obtain the invitation.
      Thank you
      Monika

more
    • btin's Profile Photo

Where to stay in ShenZhen - convenient & safe

Shenzhen Yesterday

Hi all
      We heading from HongKong to Shenzhen.
      Probably staying for 2 nites.
      Should we put up in Luohu area or Futian?
      Heard there is a Kai Li Hotel.
      Any advice is appreciated.

thanks/Christine

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

Beijing Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • 3 weeks in Hong-Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin

China Mar 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear travellers!

Me and my friend are planing to go to the southern parts of China in mid November and stay there for three weeks. We want to spend approximately 1,5 weeks in the bigger cities such as Hong-Kong, Macau and Guangzhou and spend approximately 1,5 weeks on a trip in the countryside surrounding Guilin with the final destination of Guilin.

First of all we are wondering if this seems doable given our period of time.
      Secondly we would like to get feedback about these destinations and if there is anything special (sights, cities etc) in the vicinity that you'd recommend we see (or if there is any cities nearby that might be of more interest?)

Best regards
      The happy travellers Joactor

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Is China safe for 2 females travelling alone?

China Apr 18, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I will be going to China with my mother in May and wondered if it is safe to travel 'alone' as just 2 females down in southern China - Guilin/Yangshuo/Longsheng areas?? TIA :)

more
    • Looking for a friend: "Jiao zhong street" (Gan Jing Zi District)?

by Fionnan Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I have decided I am going to fly to China from Ireland to look for a very good Chinese friend whom I haven't heard from in almost 2 years. I realise this is a massive undertaking given that I have no Chinese and little understanding of the culture or its norms.

Nevertheless, I have booked my flight from Dublin to Beijing, arriving on 22 July 2013. I am now trying to work out the most cost effective way to get from Beijing to Dalian. I am also trying to find out what sort of area my friend lives in, whether I will need to hire an interpreter when I arrive in Dalian, and what sort of cost would it be to hire an English-Chinese interpreter for an hour or two? If so, I would probably only need the interpreter in the event that something bad has happened to my friend and I'll consequently have to speak with his family (my friend is obviously fluent in English).

Would anybody be able to give me advice on any of the above?

The snailmail address which I have is for "Jiao zhong street, Gan Jing Zi District". I cannot find that address through a Google search. There's obviously no point in my going if the address is incorrect. Could anybody confirm if such a place exists? Thank you very much.

2 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    • Dalian Info Help

by ganr1 Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Has anyone found an app for iPhone about Dalian lately? Any recommendations?

• subaculture's Profile Photo

city-one hotel - Digital Square - can't find it

by subaculture Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 4:21 AM

A company has made a booking for me at city-one hotel (Digital Square, Shuma Road) but I failed to get full address. I am in transit and wonder if some one has a website or full address and what bus I can take from the main train station?

SC

2 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM
    • Dalian to Harbin

by agnesyeopp Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Hi we are a couple from singapore,planing to visit in late April to Qingdao and Harbin.So i think from singapore to Dalian by Hainan air is cheaper.May i know from Dalian to harbin by night train,we should buy hard or soft sleeper ticket? Where are the train station to take? Is it near Dalian Zhongshan Square? Because we are playing to stay around Zhongshan District.Thanks

Agnes

2 Answers Feb 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    • Student guide in Dalian?

by hansi49 Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Hi,
      I am going to Dalian (China) next may and am looking for a student guide thruogh this city, maybe also a little bit the surroundings. I would like to know the student(s) in advance to tell her/him exactly what I am interested in. Who knows where I can get to know them?
      Many thanks and have a nice day
      Hansi49

2 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    • Transportation From Guang Zhou Air Port to Dalian

by allaw2 Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM

1. May i know how much i may spend to travel from Guang Zhou Air Port to Dalian??
      and with what kind of transport??thanks in advance

7 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    • Ger34's Profile Photo

Information regarding Chinese language and activities

by Ger34 Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Hello folks.
      I will travel to Dalian this year. I am wondering if there will any places where I can learn Mandrin (I do not need a university as I will be working, unless very flexible hours. I have some of the basics but would love to continue in spare time. I would also like to find out if there are any clubs open to europeans of the martial art variety, Surfing or sea sports. If any one has any info I would be grateful.

Good bye
      G

2 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    • Ger34's Profile Photo

What is life like in Dalian

by Ger34 Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Hi everyone, Ni hoa!
      I am going to Dalian in January for approx 1 year. I have many questions, but will stick to the basics, any help is appreciated. I need to know the general day to day stuff at the very least. For example!
      1. How much is rent per month of a place in Dalian city of say 4 star?
      2. What would it cost for cleaning service? or is this usually included?
      3. How much would it be to get a taxi everyday for a journey of 20 minutes?
      4. How much would it cost to survive one day i.e perhaps eating lunch and evening meal, not in a top restaurant... just average.
      5. Is it a safe place to walk around by yourself .
      6. Is there places where you can meet expats or even Chinese ppl as I have no idea what the culture will be like.
      7. Importantly how much is it for leisure like a gym for a year?
      8. Last but not least...what is the price of a pint of beer in a pub, average?

Thank you in advance!

Xie xie

5 Answers Sep 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    • victorwkf's Profile Photo

Places to visit in Dalian within 1.5 days

by victorwkf Online Now Sep 7, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I will be visiting Dalian in September 2009 for a work meeting, and will have about 1.5 days of free time for sightseeing.

Can anyone recommend the major attractions in Dalian to visit within 1.5 days?

Regards
      Victor

4 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    • Current Cost of Living

by cris123 Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Can somebody provide me information regarding the subject i mentioned above.
      I want information about the cost of

1. house rent (house w/ 2 bedrooms or 1 bedroom)
      2. food
      3. public transportation
      4. what is the net income after tax for 13,000 RMD

2 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 1:04 AM
    • Travelling to China for the first time 7 days in Dalian

by snowman7 Online Now May 17, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Hello,
      I will be traveling with a friend to Dalian, China in the beginning of July. We will be staying at the Technical University's hotel there. My friend will be attending a conference for the majority of the daytime hours that we will be there. I would like to know some of your suggestions for fun places, historic sights, that you would suggest for a first time traveler to Dalian. I would appreciate day time suggestions for me, and things that both of us could do at night.(Please rate your suggestions) As well we will be spending 2 days in Bejing, any suggestions on making the most of those days. I do not speak mandarin, but I am a very outgoing adventurer and love trying new things.

2 Answers May 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    • Cost of Living in Dalian

by sg.chan Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Hi, appreciated if you can share some information of living cost in Dalian as I am going to attach here for a period of 18 months. thx in advace.

• urungrat's Profile Photo

how to travel from Dalian to Qingdao

by urungrat Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 4:06 AM

help me i can't speak Chinese and tried few days on internet searching...but still not get info.

5 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 8:51 AM
    • Premiership football

by ian2black Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Hi. Just in Dalian for a few weeks. Where can you watch live prem football in Dalian?. There's Newcastle V Man utd on Sunday Morning . KO 23rd Feb at 17:15 GMT. Local time 01:15. Near to Kempinski Hotel would be good.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    • Which among the hotels is recommended?

by monnaka Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Ni Hao from Tokyo.

I am attending a conference in China and the following are recommended by the organizers?

1. Sea Horizon Hotel
      2. Xianghai Golf Hotel
      3. Bohai Pearl Hotel
      4. Liangyun Hotel

I wonder which one is recommended by the people who lives there of have been there. If by guts feeling, Xianghai Golf Hotel looks fine.

Thanks for any information.

monnaka

4 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • korean supermarket

by sook Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 5:54 AM

i am going to visit dalian next week and i am looking for
      korean supermarket and japanese supermarket.
      address please.

• who had bad experience at the university of foreign languages

by me85 Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 10:26 AM

I would like to share my experience with those who have studied chinese in Dalian before.
      I know there are many possiblities to learn chinese in Dalian, but i would like to know if i am the only person who have had really bad experiences with the attitude of the employees at Chinese Departement of the Dalian university of foreign languages.
      I am extremely disappointed about the way they treated some students. I am not sure if it is a general attitude of dalian people or if the number of responsibles at the chinese department were less than needed, but i never felt compfortable when i asked them questions. For a foreign student it is a new world, but when i needed help, they sent me away or answered them totally impatient and unfriendly.
      I have heard from a friend who contacted this university before, that they were incompetent and he complained about this university. I did not believe him until i made my own experience.
      The teaching is acutally not that bad, but if the whole department is unpleasant, studying there will be unpleasant, too.
      I would just like to let some of you know that you should better choose another institute to study chinese.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2006 at 8:22 PM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Bus/Train to Dalian via Zhuhai, Zhongshan or Guangzhou

by myspices Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 7:55 PM

Hi, I would appreciate it very much if any of the VTers can help me with the following :-
      1) Is there a bus i can take from either Zhuhai, Zhongshan or Guangzhou to Dalian ?
      2) If so, what's the timing and how long is the journey.
      3) Any indicative fares so that i can work on my budget.

Time is not a constraint, money is.. so i would prefer to travel either by the bus or the train unless there's no alternative but to fly. Thanking you in advance.

w/rgds..feejin

6 Answers Sep 7, 2006 at 2:18 AM
    • help me get to know dalian a bit.

by walter63 Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Hello, i am in dalian now. I will be here a few days. Can anyone help me to see the city. contact me at walterkooy63@hotmail.com

• passenger boat

by zippyyep Online Now Jun 25, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Where can I find out more about the passenger boat from Shanghai to Dalian?

• Finding a local student guide

by limebear Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 12:27 PM

I will be visiting DaLian later in late August for 10 days, and have been recommended by a business associate to do what he did in Beijing, which was to employ a guide full time during his stay. That way you can see more and avoid the worry of getting lost or stranded without being able to read any signs. By UK standards it cost next to nothing apparently, (and the modest tip she got at the end was worth several months salary)
      However I have read elsewhere that if you are not careful you can end up with a guide who is in league with restaurants and souvenir shops, and takes backhanders while you get ripped off. So, any advice please about the best way to find an honest student guide?
      Thanks very much.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2006 at 1:53 PM
    • derikasan's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Dalian

by derikasan Online Now May 30, 2006 at 4:18 AM

At present i am in Zhaoqing, China and thinking of moving to Dalian as a matter of a change. Is there any pure rock bars in Dalian that play live bands, i am not talking about places where they only play commerical stuff like Queen = We will rock you, Bon Jovi = It's my life, stuff. But a place that goes a little bit harder like Metallica's music wise or a jukebox that has got a wide selection.

Would appreciate if anyone can get back to me ^_^

1 Answer Jun 2, 2006 at 10:10 PM
    • Dalian to Yantai Ferry Trip

by Nprawira Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Has anyone ever rode a ferry from Dalian to Yantai? How can you buy the ticket, how long is the journey, how much does it cost, and overall is it better to fly directly to qingdao instead of making a transit point in Yantai?

3 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 7:01 PM
    • norrie8568's Profile Photo

nightlife in dalian

by norrie8568 Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 4:28 PM

posted an ad sometime ago,,regarding nighlife in dalian,,no response?does no one go out anymore??

• a week in Liaoning

by taobenli Online Now Aug 18, 2005 at 12:17 AM

Hi, all-

I'm planning to take the ferry from Seoul to Dalian in a week's time, and stay in the area about a week, traveling around the area, before I go back to Korea to travel around there. I have spent some time in different parts of China and one of my main motivations for coming to this area is to see the North Korea-China border at Dandong, so I'm definitely planning to do that. What else is a must-see in the area? Also, if anyone else (currently in the area or planning to go) wants to travel with me, let me know!

Thanks!

taobenli

1 Answer Aug 30, 2005 at 9:59 PM
    • Single Father moving into Dalian - Info Needed !

by shaolinmonk Online Now Jun 1, 2005 at 7:30 PM

Hello freinds - Please Help.

I am a single father moving into Dalian with a four year old Daughter. I very badly needed some information and hence am trying to solicit information here..

Few questions on Dalian
      - Do I have lot of options for English speaking day care centre and how much do they cost,

what is their timing ? (I am non native speaker but for her age, my daughter speaks better

english than a native child)
      - How expensive would be English speaking (or not) governess for my daughter who can stay with us (or work from 8 in the morning till 8 in the night with weekend off)
      - What is the range of price for a Motor Bike or a entry level car
      - How is the range of price for the rental for a 2 bed room appartment (modest/good)
      - Any special precautions warnings that would be applicable to my special situation

Any responses would be warmely appreciated.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 7:52 PM
    • Dalian University of Foreign Languages

by dawei0127 Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 9:08 PM

Hello, I will be a new student at Dalian University this March and was wondering if you could give me your opinion of the school. I will be taking basic chinese and this will be my first time in China. Also, any suggestions for an American coming here from Los Angeles? Thank you for your response.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2005 at 8:03 PM
    • suru's Profile Photo

any VT memeber in Dalian?

by suru Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 9:47 AM

Wish to meet VT member in Dalian.Anyone there? Any Indian restuarannts in Dalian?

4 Answers Oct 11, 2004 at 9:25 AM
    • Distance of Airport

by lauhero Online Now Oct 4, 2004 at 10:38 PM

May I know how far away is the airport to town?

2 Answers Oct 5, 2004 at 9:42 AM
    • Travelling time

by zhongqing Online Now Oct 2, 2004 at 8:37 PM

May i know how long does it take to travel from beijing to dalian? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 3, 2004 at 9:18 AM