Dali Travel Answers

change location
anilegna's Profile Photo

question on Jim's guesthouse in Dali

by anilegna Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 1:05 AM

hi there, just want to check with you, so you liked everything about the place except the bathrooms were dirty/smelly? thinking of staying there next week but very worried about dirty bathrooms... thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sugarpuff's Profile Photo

RE: RE: question on Jim's guesthouse in Dali

by sugarpuff Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 6:03 AM

I stayed in Jims guesthouse when very few chinese even knew where Dali was!!! This was back in 1999 and it was really only foreign backpackers in those parts..lots of fun. Back then it was beautiful and the toilets were fine apart from a big rat coming up one of them (the one next to me) as I was squatting over the other one!!! Fright of my life!!!

I went back to Dali two years ago and Jims had changed..far more people staying there now but I just popped my head around the door, cant tell you about the toilets..but they were all oudoor ones when i was there with no partitions between them..dont know what they are like now.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jamw198's Profile Photo

RE: question on Jim's guesthouse in Dali

by jamw198 Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM

I think Tibetan Lodge might be cheaper & nicer. The cafe was great & it has free internet access (fast). Their room & bathroom was good. I didn't stay there but did take a look at their room. Well......I just ate at their cafe while surfing the net. Have a good trip!!

• RE: question on Jim's guesthouse in Dali

by marthainchina Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 1:40 AM

come on guys you have to read before you post a comment! they say that YEARS ago toilets in Dali were ratty that means probably 15 years ago as that was the time when chinese didn't even know where dali was...all toilets in china were ratty then...most guesthouses and hotels who cater to foreigners have clean toilets, trust me! i stayed at jim's tibetan hotel, very clean and visited their other place jim's guesthouse for a meal and used their toilet: also very clean. warning: the cafes in the so called 'foreigner street' usually don't have own toilets (you have to find a public one!)and if they do soso clean. also the toilet in tibetan lodge was soso. so far about toilets, there is so much more to traveling in china besides toilet stories...

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

RE: RE: question on Jim's guesthouse in Dali

by sugarpuff Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Im sorry, but whats your point here 'Marthainchina'..i DID read the post before putting up a comment.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines